Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    You might have declared a business major, but you obviously didn't deserve to pass any classes.

A short list of things you've demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of: the source and role of profit, price formation in a competitive market, opportunity cost, the sunk cost fallacy, factor payments to inputs, and the role of dividends and stockholder remuneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    You're insulting Blizzard with the sole intent of harassment. Your initial claim was that Starcraft II was the first PC game to cost 60 bucks. We proved your wrong. It isn't Blizzard's fault. Thus, your thread is invalid. You came in here, essentially flaming, and report someone for harassment for calling you a fool?

You are a fool. And I wouldn't care if even got an infraction for that, because your entire thread is a flame with no valid base argument.

If you think $60 is too much to pay for a PC game, then don't buy them.

That simple.

Price is based on demand. Obviously, those with the demand are just fine with the price. Or else, they would not buy, and thus, the price would go down.
    I don't think I was insulting Blizzard, I simply said they didn't have to raise the price of PC Games to 60. But alas, I was wrong. You called me a fool for making a mistake, which apparently people aren't allowed to do on these forums. Grow up, man, I'm not perfect. Also, a forum is for discussing things, and I wanted to discuss this. There's no reason to act like a child, especially when all of you people pretend to be adults.

I know price is based on demand, but in the end it's all just corporate greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would a company want to increase profit margins by pricing their products at the maximum price the market is willing to buy at?

If only there were a "business major" around to explain this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Use gamefly then if you hate buying expensive video games. Rent the game as long as you want, return it when you are bored of it. I love it.
    Once again, you CAN'T RENT PC GAMES.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 12:35 PM ----------

Man, I'm having fun reporting trolls, children, and imbeciles.

If I'm not mistaken CoD mw2 is an activision game.......same activision that owns blizzard.....same company that milked the shit out of guitar hero and now a new cod every 6 months. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    And yet it sucked.. The campaign was very flat and boring and the multiplayer experience came nowhere close to WC3. It's not a bad game but since the amount of money it consumed was huge I found myself pretty disappointed..
    It's not a bad game but yet it sucked? Do you work for IGN?

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Illegal downloads is the sole reason for high game prices, too many cheap ass torrent freakz bootlegging the shit out of games, movies and music and the honest working person pays the price :<
    Right and raising prices in no way helps lower pirating video games.

you can't afford 60 dollars for a game you REALLY want? what are you 14?

Don't get me wrong, 60 bucks is 60 bucks, I am by no means rich enough to lose 60 bucks and shrug it off. But when a game comes along that I must have, and its 60 bucks, sure I would rather pay less money but 60 bucks is not a whole lot for something you really want. I got friends that sink 2k+ on an exhaust for their bikes, then they cruise around and rev the engine LOL SO LOUD AND STUFF!!!11.

60 bucks for something you plan to play a lot isn't that bad of a price. If Diablo 3 comes out and is 60 bucks, I will pay 60 bucks without even thinking twice about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manler View Post
    If I'm not mistaken CoD mw2 is an activision game.......same activision that owns blizzard.....same company that milked the shit out of guitar hero and now a new cod every 6 months. Just saying.
    my mistake. i dont play modern warfare, but if i'd stopped to think about it in depth i would have remember that i do play bad company 2, which i know is ea, and modern warfare is their counterpart...

good catch there
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Where I live console games cost up to 50% more than PC games and are tied to less good additional factors.

50-70 for PC and up to 100 for console games. Also most pc games cost around 59 after the first month while console stick around 90 after even 3 months.

Also if you find 60 dollars too much for 15 hours of fun then you have the all new crooked view of the world. I bet you think your work is more worth than the work of somebody else with a different job.
    While I pay around 20 for a meal where I live I know that the person cooking it, the person serving it and a lot of others on top of that have to be payed with those 20 bucks not to mention the cost of the kitchen etc.

60 dollars for a game is nothing! Heck, 60 dollars for a muliplayer game is often less than a fucking dollar per hour of fun. For myself farcry and smashbros melee have less than 10cent per hour gameplay. I played around 700 hours of smashbros and that with 2-3 friends which increases the time played in theory. farcry I only played around 200hours but then again I spent about 600hours making levels and learning about scripting.

If you want to play a game for 1hour then yes, 60 is a lot but do the math.. you pay more per cigarette if youre a smoker or one evening in the club trying to get some punani

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Man, I'm having fun reporting trolls, children, and imbeciles.
    Likewise troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manler View Post

Possibly yes,but i still enjoy their games,and yeah a 50-60$ price tag isnt really much for a new game,its pretty normal.

I don't think I was insulting Blizzard, I simply said they didn't have to raise the price of PC Games to 60. But alas, I was wrong. You called me a fool for making a mistake, which apparently people aren't allowed to do on these forums. Grow up, man, I'm not perfect. Also, a forum is for discussing things, and I wanted to discuss this. There's no reason to act like a child, especially when all of you people pretend to be adults.

I know price is based on demand, but in the end it's all just corporate greed.
    If anyone here was acting like a child, it would be you. And that's a card that doesn't work. If you wanted to spark a rational discussion, you probably should not have charged in here completely irrationally.

"I just want to thank Blizzard for single-handedly permantly raising the prices on PC games with their stupid Starcraft II game. Thanks Blizz, your greed makes the god damn world go round."

Sounds like the start of a completely calm, rational, level-headed discussion.

And you sir, have been reported for harassment.
    Reported for reporting....

No Jk.

Harassment does mean, in all technicality, that an action must be repeated. So calling someone a fool 1 time is not technically harassment, but whatever.

Deleted
    B) You can't buy used PC Games.
    Funny then how I got myself some cheap PC games that were used.
    Maybe you can't where you live but don't talk like you know how it works everywhere

Atleast here in sweden they have game stores that buy your old games that you wanna sell.
    Sure you're not getting close to getting your money back but still some $ for a plain awfull game.
    and guess what those game they buy they re-sell for ALOT cheaper than a new copy.

This is all Nintendo's fault! If they didn't raise the price of games between NES and SNES prices wouldn't gradually increase over time to keep things in line with inflation and the cost of living... oh wait.

Wow. I have a job. I just think it's stupid that PC games are just as expensive as console games now. Why pay so much for a game with so little to offer? Think before you post, troll.
    and why shouldnt pc games be at the same price as console games

<-- Business major.
    Can you tell us what University you attended? That way we can avoid sending our kids to a subpar educational facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    you can't afford 60 dollars for a game you REALLY want? what are you 14?

Don't get me wrong, 60 bucks is 60 bucks, I am by no means rich enough to lose 60 bucks and shrug it off. But when a game comes along that I must have, and its 60 bucks, sure I would rather pay less money but 60 bucks is not a whole lot for something you really want. I got friends that sink 2k+ on an exhaust for their bikes, then they cruise around and rev the engine LOL SO LOUD AND STUFF!!!11.

60 bucks for something you plan to play a lot isn't that bad of a price. If Diablo 3 comes out and is 60 bucks, I will pay 60 bucks without even thinking twice about it.
    What are you, 14? 14 year olds like to set and harass people because they think it makes them look "cool". I know these things, I was 14 once. I never said that I couldn't afford them, to the contrary. I bought Starcraft II Collector's Edition the day it came out because I've been waiting for it for a very long time. I'm just saying other games that are just a repeat of the game before it are not worth the 60 dollar price tag. And of course when Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3 comes out, I will shell out 60 bucks for them, simply because their predecessor was amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well as much fun as this was, I probably should have locked it a while ago. Being bored this morning lead me to keep it open and see how fast it could go downhill.

Edit: Don't report posts here and spam my inbox. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean they're harassing you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, if you don't want to hear theirs, then don't start threads like this. If they are actually attacking you, sure, report it, but otherwise I don't care that two people have differing opinions.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right