Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Viscious Terramoth and the Oiled Wolf Exploit

Anyone know if it's possible to tame the Viscious Terramoth's in Terrokar forest and keep their ghostly aura the same way you can tame the oiled wolves/eagles in borean tundra?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't show the oiled wolves/eagles on Petopia. Maybe they turn normal if you tame them.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-stained-wolf

You can tame the ghost birds in Blades Edge if you time it right, so I don't see why you can't tame the Terramoths, anyone care to try it out?

Deleted
    The oiled wolf is only tamable by a bug in a quest, you need to tame it exactly when it disapears.

I remember seeing an oiled wolf as a goblin's pet, but I dunno if it still works or not.
    "What's your rotation?" "About once every 24 hours. Why?"

Deleted
    The guys at the wow-petopia forums will have a better answer for you, check them out for sure

Deleted
    Yes you can glitch it. I glitched the Lone Hunter in Eastern PL and now i have a wolf with a sword stuck in its head :3

The easiest way to tame it is with the macro, HOWEVER, Blizzard have said if you glitch the pet using the macro they will ban you. They dont seem to mind if you do it the manual way (which is almost impossibly hard).

15+ Year Old Account
    ofc - if its "impossibly hard" then you deserve getting it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Ironale View Post
    Yes you can glitch it. I glitched the Lone Hunter in Eastern PL and now i have a wolf with a sword stuck in its head :3

The easiest way to tame it is with the macro, HOWEVER, Blizzard have said if you glitch the pet using the macro they will ban you. They dont seem to mind if you do it the manual way (which is almost impossibly hard).
    Hi.
    1) They never banned anyone if they only tamed things with visual buffs.
    2) They fixed the exploit in 4.0.6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Hi.
    1) They never banned anyone if they only tamed things with visual buffs.
    2) They fixed the exploit in 4.0.6.
    Hi

1) i know someone who was banned for taming the oil wolf with the macro. He was reported for having a glitched pet. A GM looked at the chatlogs and saw that he spammed the macro. My friend then whispered the GM a convo. He never did tell me what the GM said.

I did use the macro to tame Lone Hunter if your curious. I tried for an hour, the "normal" way and got frustrated, said "screw this", made the macro and glitched the pet on first try. Did i know the risks? Yes. Do i still know the risks? Yes. I am willing to accept the consequences though as i will admit there is only a small chance they will ban me. At most it will be a slap on the wrist or a suspension

2) It wasnt. When i say I glitched the Lone Hunter, im talking about last friday, the 18th of Febuary. If i recall correctly, 4.06 was out by then
    Last edited by mmoc5813f138eb; 2011-02-21 at 08:08 PM.

Hi

1) i know someone who was banned for taming the oil wolf with the macro. He was reported for having a glitched pet. A GM looked at the chatlogs and saw that he spammed the macro. My friend then whispered the GM a convo. He never did tell me what the GM said.
    Im pretty sure Blizz never banned anyone that used an addon or a macro for anything. Their stance on this has always been that youre allowed to use those however you see fit, and if they dont like it they will fix it. - Basically using a macro is nothing more than spamming keybinds but put together.

So i think you should come up with a source on this. (yeaj i know, you know someone who know someone who heard it from their GMs GF - that doesnt make it true)

Deleted
    Ah after a bit of digging it turns out Blizzard will ban you if you glitch a mob with a real buff. If the "buff" is purely cosmetic then you can do what you like, but if you glitch a pet with a damage buff (like the Tainted beasts in the Tainted Forest of Blasted Lands) then you can get banned for it.

Glitching someone like... Princess the boar so she keeps her red ribbon, or the Wolves in the human starting zone so they keep their green death cloud, then Blizzard are fine with it.

EDIT: After some FURTHER digging i found that blizzard did make a very sketchy post. It wasnt worded very well but it implied anyone who tamed glitched pets at all will be banned. I can only find referances to the post though, im tired, if you wanna go digging for the original blizzard quote, be my quest.

Personally, i dont care. As long as the buff doesnt effect damage i dont see why they should ban you, macro used or not.
    Last edited by mmoc5813f138eb; 2011-02-21 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time I checked (prior to 4.0.6), they broke the macro method. Was trying to get another backup oil stained wolf, but I was unsuccessful; just need to be really careful with my current one

Not sure if the kill method still works, where you cause them to die right as the tame finishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thought this sounded like the title of a book?

Vicious Terramoth and the Oiled Wolf Exploit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: I can only find referances to the post though, im tired, if you wanna go digging for the original blizzard quote, be my quest.
    Tee-hee Funny typo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    The last time I checked (prior to 4.0.6), they broke the macro method. Was trying to get another backup oil stained wolf, but I was unsuccessful; just need to be really careful with my current one

Not sure if the kill method still works, where you cause them to die right as the tame finishes.
    Actually i tamed one yesterday ... i´m horde, without any quest just by using the marco method.

Deleted
    EDIT: After some FURTHER digging i found that blizzard did make a very sketchy post. It wasnt worded very well but it implied anyone who tamed glitched pets at all will be banned.
    Could you please link that post? Not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to see it since I can't remember reading it myself. It's usually considered good from to quote your sources anyway, especially if they are, as you say, "sketchy".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Am I the only one who thought this sounded like the title of a book?

Vicious Terramoth and the Oiled Wolf Exploit.
    It sounds like a great book to me . A perhaps new Steamy Romance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    Could you please link that post? Not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to see it since I can't remember reading it myself. It's usually considered good from to quote your sources anyway, especially if they are, as you say, "sketchy".
    I explained that i couldnt find it

I can only find referances to the post though, im tired, if you wanna go digging for the original blizzard quote, be my guest.

Deleted
    I explained that i couldnt find it
    Eh sorry, I didn't read your post properly.

Well, all I can remember reading myself is that Blizzard removed the possibility for beasts to retain a buff during being tamed (boo on me, I can't quote the source either).

Anyway, in my opinion that method with the macro qualifies quite clearly as exploiting a bug, and thus could be considered a bannable offense, no matter if Blizzard explicitly said they would or won't ban anyone for using it. At least if you get at a GM with a bad day