Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khadhar View Post
    Do Want.

Loved the Nerubian kingdoms for so long, I was sorely disappointed with the dungeons they gave us in wrath, I had hoped for a titanic underground zone full of black egyptian style architecture and all sorts of wonderful spiderbeasts.
    Ah, I feel your pain. But there's always the chance they'll patch it in as a zone as early as Cataclysm, if not fold it in to another expansion down the line. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I came, I saw... and i think I came again. This is amazing! If I knew how to draw better and tweak maps like that, I'd dare to try my own hand at this
    If you ever give it a shot, remember - photoshop's clone brush is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff View Post
    Woot, new update! Keep up the good work as always
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    i appreciate all the effort you put into this, but the last thing i want to do is revisit places like Ahn'Kahet. i despised that place during wrath and the last thing i want to do is buy an expansion that revolves around it
    That's a shame, I loved that dungeon. But Ahn'Kahet is only a small part of Azjol-Nerub. The Upper Kingdom zone, the first zone of the Spider Kingdom, will have the fallen temple of Ahn'Kahet, the region where you fought Herald Volzaj, as an un-instanced area that can be freely explored. There'll also be outer regions of Ahn'Kahet that weren't part of the Wrath dungeon. All of these areas are outdoors, so you'd be able to fly away if you really can't stand the place . It only plays a minor role in the plot of the Upper Kingdom zone, and has little to do with the overall Spider Kingdom story.

Thanks everyone for all the comments. More to come.

(10k+ views, yay)

Pretty much anything involving Nerubian lore and architecture gets my vote. I was extremely disappointed when Azjol-nerub was canned as an entire zone, replaced instead with a couple mediocre 5 mans (though I still enjoyed the aesthetic).

cool and stuff, you should apply for a job at blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    As I mentioned earlier, here are some Spider Kingdom Bestiary updates:

Morlogg
    Morloggs are a debased humanoid race that appears to have succumbed to the Curse of Flesh. They are possibly related to humans or vrykul. Their size and strength has increased, as have their cannibalistic tendencies. Strange plant-growths and fungus have taken root on their bodies, feeding on the twisted corruption and becoming unnaturally resilient.

Morloggs will attack virtually any other living creature, and will often turn on each other if no other target presents itself. Morloggs are likely the descendants of ancient stone-skinned vrykul who succumbed completely to the Curse of Flesh, in a manner similar to troggs.
    A face not even a mother could love. And since no expansion would be complete without its own variant of murloc...

Mur'lurk
    These hideous creatures appear to be related, however distantly, to the murloc race. They dwell solely in underground lakes, swamps, and other subterranean water sources. They are completely blind, their over-large eyes having long ago ceased to function in the darkness of Azeroth's underworld. Their skin has become rough and rubbery, requiring less moisture than their sea-dwelling cousins. Their jaws are filled with needle-sharp teeth that grow so long they are incapable of fully closing their mouths. Their flabby hands are webbed and tipped with jagged claws, allowing them to dig their way through ice-flows. Mur'lurks lay eggs like murlocs, but rather than leaving them in underwater nests, mur'lurks glue them to their own backs with slimy mucous, carrying their brood around wherever they go.

Mur'lurks are far more savage and seemingly less intelligent then their sea-dwelling relatives. They speak barely-intelligible Nerglish and seem to venerate underground monsters the same way murlocs will worship powerful aquatic creatures. Tribes of mur'lurks have been driven closer to the surface by the increased infestation of Undying Tendrils in Azeroth's underworld.
    In case anyone wonders, their yell sounds like a troll with a head cold laughing underwater. "Hrghblehrblehrgble *BLORT*!!!"

Very nice monsters. I liked the Morlogg a lot

The Mur'lurk could use some more detail. Like more features than tendrills and blobs, but otherwise it's cool

Removing Naxxramas = No, no, and NO again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Update again! The Icecrown zone has been revised in the wake of Deathwing's Catacylsm:

Icecrown

* The Scourge forces on the surface of Icecrown Glacier have been reduced to mindless undead. Most of the Scourge forces along the great gates have been replaced by Twilight's Hammer forces.
    * The blue dragonflight has secured Sindragosa's Fall from the Scourge remnants, but the twilight dragonflight has begun to attack. Twilight's Hammer forces are attempting to excavate more blue dragon remains to create wychwyrms.
    * Portions of Icecrown Glacier have collapsed, exposing the Spider Kingdom and releasing nerubians and Faceless Ones to the surface.
    * The Argent Coliseum has collapsed into the Icy Depths. Nerubians are swarming through the tournament grounds. The Ashen Verdict have reunited to battle them back. The coliseum dungeon and raid have been removed.
    * Aldur'thar, the Desolation Gate, was damaged in the Cataclysm. Twilight's Hammer and Scourge Remnant forces clash to secure what's left.
    * Death Queen Angerboda has taken over the vrykul holdings in Icecrown. Her forces and the Cult of the Damned are clashing with the Twilight's Hammer and other Scourge Remnants in the area. Vidar Ymironson has arrived with his forces, and plans to take down Angerboda once and for all.
    * In Icecrown Citadel's courtyard, Twilight's Hammer forces are clashing with the Ashen Verdict.
    * The Twilight's Hammer have seized the quarry that once held Malykriss, the Saronite Necropolis. The fearsome structure's whereabouts are unknown.
    * The Icecrown Citadel raid has been removed.
    * The Forge of Souls, the Pit of Saron, and the Halls of Reflection have been revised to feature Twilight's Hammer and Scourge Remnant enemies. The Twilight's Hammer storyline will be resolved here, leading into the Spider Kingdom content.
    I wasn't able to fit all of the storyline stuff I wanted into this one zone (although I still wrote a ton @_@), so I decided that the post-Cataclysm Northrend content will all be resolved in the three Frozen Halls dungeons, which I will do later.

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Very nice monsters. I liked the Morlogg a lot

The Mur'lurk could use some more detail. Like more features than tendrills and blobs, but otherwise it's cool
    Thanks for the comments! The Mur'lurk might look a bit more interesting in color - they're patterned like toads. I'll definitely have to try coloring some stuff in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Of Blades View Post
    Removing Naxxramas = No, no, and NO again!
    Oh yeah, it's outta there. All the old raids are gone now, 'cept for the Dragonshrines, because I forgot to think of a good reason. Perhaps later.

Next update: New Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, and Halls of Reflection lore and bosses.

Have you ever contacted blizzard? You can get good job there!

As a fan of the lore Blizzard has been growing with WoW for the last 15 years, from the point of the first game to now.... I tip my hat to you. As many people suggested, shoot for the sky and try to get a job!

Seriously though, this is amazing.

OMG how you make all this?
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Have you ever contacted blizzard? You can get good job there!
    No, but I did make a sister thread to this one on the Generald Discussion forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089281854

Anyone reading this thread is welcome to pop in there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Revale View Post
    As a fan of the lore Blizzard has been growing with WoW for the last 15 years, from the point of the first game to now.... I tip my hat to you. As many people suggested, shoot for the sky and try to get a job!

Seriously though, this is amazing.
    Thanks! Though I'm happy working where I am, I do think Blizzard would be an great place as well... long as I get to be in charge of art direction

Quote Originally Posted by cccp View Post
    OMG how you make all this?
    With gusto!

May i ask, how do you make the maps?
    The text you use is awseome to.
    They look absolutely gorgeous

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Small update. I've decided to work on more gameplay details in the OP. Changes are here:
    Basic Information
    * The Spider Kingdom Revealed: New content zones have been added - The Upper Kingdom, the Shadow Web Caverns, and Ahn'Saron - the Inner Kingdom. These zones are accessed through the Pit of Narjun in Dragonblight. A fourth zone, the Wound of the World, acts as the center of the Spider Kingdom and a natural barrier separating the leveling zones, but contains no leveling content.
    * New zone content is level 90+.
    * Level cap is set at 93. Advancing from one level to the next will involve more than simply acquiring a certain amount of experience points.
    * The Cataclysm has rent Northrend asunder, altering many of it's regions. The fall of Arthas and the rise of a new Lich King has also brought about a drastic change in the balance of power all across the continent. The Northrend content remains a 70-80 leveling experience.
    * New dungeons and raid instances have been discovered throughout the new Spider Kingdom zones, as well as the newly reshaped Northrend zones.
    * New battlegrounds and new arenas are available.
    Also, two new bestiary entries have been added:

Nerubian Spider-Slave

A spider-slave is the horrific result of a living humanoid infected by a nerubian Enslaver. This tiny, spider-like creatures are implanted in the bodies of those captured by the nerubians, where they rapidly grow to great size, gruesomely distorting the body of the hapless host. The Enslaver's legs burst forth from the host's back, becoming deadly spear-like talons. The Enslaver completely overtakes the host's body, turning them into a mindless zombie-like slave under the command of the nerubians. Spider-slaves operate as brute-labor and cannon-fodder for the nerubians, blindly obeying all of their commands, ignoring all injury and acting without fear.

Spider-slaves do not respond to anything other than the commands of a nerubian, so it is unclear if the Enslavers are able to act on their own. Thus far, every attempt to remove an Enslaver from a host has resulted in the host's death. If a host dies, an Enslavers will attempt to infest another immediately.
    Head crabs? No, say rather, spine arthropods.

Nerubian Slave-Wretch

These creatures are clearly derived from nerubian stock, but are significantly different from the nerubians launching attacks upon the surface. Slave-Wretches walk on four legs and have four grasping limbs, rather like the nerubian vizier-caste and unlike nerubian warriors. However, they appear severely limited in intelligence, far more even than the nerubian newbreed generation. Their cranial capacity is smaller and they don't appear to be capable of verbal speech. Nevertheless, Slave-Wretches have been observed carrying out complex tasks in large groups, acting in concert without any apparent communication or supervision.
    If nerubians were an RTS race, these guys would be the peons.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    May i ask, how do you make the maps?
    The text you use is awseome to.
    They look absolutely gorgeous
    I use Photoshop, then I take screenshots from in game and modify them. Mostly I use the Clone brush to keep the style of the map consistent.

Modifying existing maps is pretty easy really. The trick is going to be making original maps from scratch look like WoW maps.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just would like to comment about the levels.... 90-93?

That seems a bit strange to just have 3 levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Northrend wasn't touched by the cataclysm? Because we were there while it happened. We had no idea what the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor looked like until we returned after defeating the Lich King.

Or something like that, isn't that how Blizzard made the lolore?

Might i suggest that you can decide between a Scarab race & a Spider race? spiders would resemble something like a human but fused with spider-like features. Scarabs would resemble Dreanei but have scarab features.

Deleted
    I'm so going to Icecrown next time I log on!

Spiders creep me out, don't make an expansion full of them ):

*checks around room for spiders now*
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I personally hate the removal of raid instances and with this you removed every single raid with the exception of OS and RS (unless I missed that and they are removed too).

10+ Year Old Account
    You are doing a heck of a job right there!

As much as i would love to play this, it would be very cheesy of Blizzard to add this as the next expansion.
    But they allready said that they would like to rework TBC and Wrath leveling content to make it better, like Cataclysm, so here is my idea:
    What if they rolled TBC AND Wrath updates togheter in one expansion! Also adding new endgame content 85+ (raids/zones/dungeons) in Outland and Wrath?!?! Would have been really fun to do another "relevant" raid in atleast Outland and Wrath, as the Wrath content would feel fresh because of more investment into Nerubian architecture.

Also, even adding Twillight Hammer content, even after Deathwings Fall, would make sense since we go from
    "Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms fighting alliance/horde and some Twillights Hammer"
    to
    "Twillights Hammer is doing stuff in Outland that threathens Azeroth + Burning Legion is allways fun to kill"
    to
    "Twillights Hammer is massing in Northrend, allying themself with Nerubians and fucking around with Titan stuff + Undeads are allways fun to kill"
    to
    "Twillights Hammer in Azeroth! In large numbers!! With more old god stuff and a huge evil dragon backing them up!!!"
    to
    "???"

As ive allready said, going back to level in an Outland and Northrend Enviroment will allways be good if Blizz can give it some new content to explore, hence Nerubian.

(Sorry for my babling, it will most likely have no relevance at all)

Anyhow, long story short, I SUPPORT THIS IDEA!

Keep. It. UP!!