Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Compared to Tranquility.

Tranquility heals FIVE people, leaves a decent HoT, and is now on a THREE minute cooldown.
    Divine Hymn heals THREE people, increases healing taken (bleh), and is on an EIGHT minute cooldown.

Really?
    Bleh??? You really say that the increased healing taken is useless??? Mb in a 5-man dungeon. But in a 10man and specially 25 man raid it's awesome. If you want to top the healing metters then I understand you. If you want your raid to survive and to kill hard modes then I don't understand anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Disc has 2 CD, one for tank and one for group. Holy priest has one OP cd. All three can be used twice in a fight, then a once per fight Divine hymn as baseline oh shit button (granted, its healing amount s better for 10m than 25m, but 10% healing done and 3 greater heal at once on group isnt neglectable).

Those CDs are unique in the sense as they are essentially tank CDs given to a healer, then used exactly like how a tank utilizes his CD while all other healer's are practically +healing done or divine hymn-like: druid tree form, druid tranquil, pally wings, pally pray, pally guardian, even pally LoH. Shammy doesnt even have one atm.
    Everyone had a small shiny circle of light as a healing zone, just open 30 whine thread about "Shaman need some CD to save raid" and they give it to you, just mention that it is not balanced according to their theory that all classes must have the same skills
    nothing unusual, nowadays everybody does.

Deleted
    Divine Hymn is fine now...i aggree to give shaman some heal CD but don't know why boosting druids now

tranquilty heals about 450k now....if you look at new changes with lowered CD to 3 mins druid can use it 2-3x per fight...if i look on our logs 1 tranquility is about 8-9% druid overall healing...so if druid use it 3 times it's 24% from total healing...that's really OP spell...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Tell me my 5 aoe healing cd plz
    sorry 4 and 4 is still greater than 1 the last time i checked

Guardian Spirit
    Pain Suppression
    Power Word Barrier
    Divine Hymn

even if you look at it by spec, you still end up having at least one better CD.

I'll put Tree form on the same level as Leap of faith nice, but not really a CD and certainly not a AoE cooldown.
    Though tbh i think this was just a oversight and will be fixed soon Divine Hymn and Tranq are pretty much the same spell.
    I still want to be able to cast barkskin on a tank, druid form of pain suppression.

Deleted
    Erm...if this is a holy priest complaining then LOL

Druids have wild growth as an AE heal which is a low heal at that and has a CD, while te priest has PoM, CoH, PoH and can spam PoH as much as they like...sorry but if your QQ'ing about AE heals thn your doing somthing very wrong.

Yes druids also have effloressence but that requires people to be stood within range and you generally dont get that

EDIT.

Holy Priests also have the chakra AE heal too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomehere View Post
    no.

They are different spells, cast by different classes. It may not be as effective as tranquility, but its not useless. No one is making the claim that it can restore a raid in the bleakest moments, but it still puts out a decent amount of healing for the mana spent.
    They're different spells, but they are not apples and oranges. Divine Hymn is shit compared to Tranquility and Hymn of Hope is shit compared to Innervate because of cooldown lengths and thoroughput. There's no getting around it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKiller
    so if druid use it 3 times it's 24% from total healing...
    Currently: 100 healing total: 92 other, 8 is tranquility.
    Add two additional tranquility casts: 92 other, 24 tranquility (116)
    In terms of percentage: tranquility becomes ~20% of healing.
    Last edited by lft; 2011-03-01 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Incorrect formatting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Guardian Spirit
    Pain Suppression
    Power Word Barrier
    Divine Hymn

I'll put Tree form on the same level as Leap of faith nice, but not really a CD and certainly not a AoE cooldown.
    Though tbh i think this was just a oversight and will be fixed soon Divine Hymn and Tranq are pretty much the same spell.
    I still want to be able to cast barkskin on a tank, druid form of pain suppression.
    Guardian Spirit: Holy only
    Pain Suppression: Disc only
    PW:B: Disc only
    Divine Hymn: 3 Priests specs

But you could add Power Infusion (disc CD). Mb similar to tree form, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Guardian Spirit: Holy only
    Pain Suppression: Disc only
    PW:B: Disc only
    Divine Hymn: 3 Priests specs

But you could add Power Infusion (disc CD). Mb similar to tree form, but not sure.
    Tree form, leap of faith, power infusion im not sure they count as real healing CD's - im not sure what you would call them maybe nice to have/Utility? But i dont think there real CD's.

Power Infusion :"Spell casting speed increased by 20% and mana cost of spells reduced by 20%." Tree form pretty much.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2011-03-01 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    sorry 4 and 4 is still greater than 1 the last time i checked

Guardian Spirit
    Pain Suppression
    Power Word Barrier
    Divine Hymn

the last time I checked, the priests were to have two healing spec. maybe we deserve 2 CD
    Btw..I gladly should exchange a "cd" to redraw the mastery of disci priest or at least increase the output of healing or increase aegis proc.
    3 rejuvination 1 wild grow and lifebloom on tank, and your are healing all the damn raid (10 men)
    disci is better on sngle targhet...holy is better on aoe healing....druid are hybrid and is the middle ground between the two.
    You can not add the utility of two different spec

the last time I checked, the priests were to have two healing spec. maybe we deserve 2 CD
    Btw..I gladly should exchange a "cd" to redraw the mastery of disci priest or at least increase the output of healing or increase aegis proc.
    3 rejuvination 1 wild grow and lifebloom on tank, and your are healing all the damn raid (10 men)
    disci is better on sngle targhet...holy is better on aoe healing....druid are hybrid and is the middle ground between the two.
    You can not add the utility of two different spec
    This thread isn't about any of this except the CD part, and yes you have 2 healing spec you also have 2 CD's per healing spec (Druids have 1) and im not adding Utility stuff cause hell we all have utility spells.

Yes we are hybrids take a look at Holy pally's there a hybrid, with a crap ton of CD's, so that's not really a valid point.

I see you said Disc mastery so i withdraw that part, but this thread isn't about that anyway. We could go on forever about which class is better if we bring other non thread related stuff into the mix.

Overall like i said above i think this was a oversight an will be fixed soon, this patch will be on the ptr for awhile yet. I dont think this is the last patch note update we'll see.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2011-03-01 at 10:14 AM.

This has got to be the dumbest argument I've seen on this site in some time. Tranq buff is a "OH SH!T" button for druids.. the only other type of thing we have of that nature is Nature Swiftness and it's pretty lackluster. Priests have many utility spells similar to tranq, which has been stated multiple times in this thread. No matter what spec you choose for healing as a priest you will have more "Oh sh!t" spells then us. Stop complaining about something this ridiculous.. if you think Divine hymn is garbage, I'll seriously wonder how some of you get into raiding guilds.

Deleted
    I personally think this topic is getting nowhere. Basicly what you're all talking about, if you look behind all the formalities and numbers and facts, you want the healing classes to all be the same? Since when have resto druids ever meant to have burst healing per second? I'm fairly sure they where meant to keep a sustainted amount of healing, and I think they are keeping that, even now. Where as priests always been meant to have more direct heals and mitigation, and are pretty reliant on cooldowns, in all different ways. And they have been since the Burning Crusade at least, and you could feel that when Blizzard put a CD on their Circle of Healing. Same with wild growth, it recieved a cooldown. Those two spells both heal the same amount of targets, and in the end they heal for maybe about the same?(I don't know)...

My point is, stop trying to come up with stupid points, even if they are valid, on how spells should be like that class, and that class should have this class' spells, otherwise it's NOT FAIR! The game is pretty even between all, as it is now. And it's stuff like this that's adding fuel to the fire, and some times it's just getting out of hand. Just thought I'd throw me pence into the bucket. Tired of reading peoples nonsense about equal balance, when equal balancing is what cata and wrath brought us, and it's basically ruining the experience of being one unique class. Because there ain't such a thing any longer.

Deleted
    This thread isn't about any of this except the CD part, and yes you have 2 healing spec you also have 2 CD's per healing spec (Druids have 1) and im not adding Utility stuff cause hell we all have utility spells.

Yes we are hybrids take a look at Holy pally's there a hybrid, with a crap ton of CD's, so that's not really a valid point.

I see you said Disc mastery so i withdraw that part, but this thread isn't about that anyway. We could go on forever about which class is better if we bring other non thread related stuff into the mix
    I simply asked the 5 "CD" of aoe healing, and you pulled out of the discourse of "CD" for individual specs.
    I do not want to go ahead with the speech of those who are the best, since it was never my intention.
    He was comparing the "Divine hymnn" with "tranquility".
    And if you tell me that the priest has more tools to treat in general, I answer, of course we are the only class with 2 spec to heal

Deleted
    Why is tree form not a CD? Sorry skim reading and it does always make me giggle that priests CDs are all CDs no matter how good or spec, that's like me saying boost smite damage because mangle hits harder than it.

Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    Why is tree form not a CD? Sorry skim reading and it does always make me giggle that priests CDs are all CDs no matter how good or spec, that's like me saying boost smite damage because mangle hits harder than it.
    You could and you could add Power Infusion as well as there essentially the same thing, except i have a tree which you can have if you want. (Its ugly as hell)

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 05:58 AM ----------

I simply asked the 5 "CD" of aoe healing, and you pulled out of the discourse of "CD" for individual specs.
    I do not want to go ahead with the speech of those who are the best, since it was never my intention.
    He was comparing the "Divine hymnn" with "tranquility".
    And if you tell me that the priest has more tools to treat in general, I answer, of course we are the only class with 2 spec to heal
    i listed them, i also never said an individual spec or AoE healing just healing CD's. Yes i said 5 and there's only 4, 4 is still more than 1 and like i said above even if you break it down to each spec its still 2- 1 doesn't really matter if you have multiple specs to heal in you still have more CD's in each individual spec than a resto druids one CD in its one spec.

I Don't think they were wrong in making Tranq a 3 min CD druids need more then just this imo, As my original post said i know why they gave it to druids cause we need more tools for burst healing (i dont think we should have actual burst healing like others, i like my HoTs), even if that burst comes in a CD based heal.
    Am i opposed to priest's getting the same CD reduction? hell no the more heals in my raids the better.

Deleted
    i listed them, i also never said an individual spec or AoE healing just healing CD's. Yes i said 5 and there's only 4, 4 is still more than 1 and like i said above even if you break it down to each spec its still 2- 1 doesn't really matter if you have multiple specs to heal in you still have more CD's in each individual spec than a resto druids one CD in its one spec.

I Don't think they were wrong in making Tranq a 3 min CD druids need more then just this imo, As my original post said i know why they gave it to druids cause we need more tools for burst healing (i dont think we should have actual burst healing like others, i like my HoTs), even if that burst comes in a CD based heal.
    Am i opposed to priest's getting the same CD reduction? hell no the more heals in my raids the better.
    hey man, not 4.
    Are 2 for the disc and 1 for holy (aoe CD), so do not talk about the holy priest, (and it is impossible to have them all 4)
    The Disci priest has less healing potential than holy and Druid (without this CD and i mean all CD) it is obvious that an attempt to compensate by giving more utility speaking in terms of "CD".
    (It makes no sense to create a class that goes around to absorb, and then nerfed all the skills to direct this mastery)
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2011-03-01 at 12:26 PM.

[QUOTE=DomBomb1;10603266]30 yards is not very far. I CONSTANTLY have people out of range for prayer of healing (the cast is a 40 yard range, but it only heals players within 30 yards of the target). And if you read my post you would have seen my example of Gravity Crush, which lifts players up into the air. It's hard enough getting without 40 yards of people up in the air like that, let alone 30.

Lifegrip them then prayer

Deleted
    You could and you could add Power Infusion as well as there essentially the same thing, except i have a tree which you can have if you want. (Its ugly as hell)

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 05:58 AM ----------

Yes but guardian spirit and a weak hymn doesn't compare to 2-3 tranqs a fight. Yes we have guardian spirit but i'd say tree form and GS (40% healing on one target vs. 15% healing to everyone) are already pretty equal. So why should your CD of tranq do 4 times as much over the course of a fight over hymn? Disc is a spec with multiple CDs and with shields duration going down, aswell as the already present mana cost increase, it is all it has left even with a weakened version of barrier, so it's not as easy to compare discs CDs with a resto druid.