Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Weren't they done yet? (barrier nerf)

x Power Word: Barrier's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes, up from 2, and its effect has been reduced to 25%, down from 30%.

Apparantly they weren't done nerfing discipline priests. I mean come on, WHY touch our barrier, the one spell that distinguishes us from the rest.. it wasn't that overpowered, it was reasonably situational and only great if used at the right time. I can't see how this nerf is warranted

Deleted
    me neither - yet another kick in the teeth

Deleted
    some1 said...too much strong in HM.
    Meh

Deleted
    Cds too strong, nerf them. Shields too strong, nerf them. Heal's are too small, tough your a class that plays off of shields and CDs.

So....what's the plan for disc, seems to change every other week...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    some1 said...too much strong in HM.
    Meh
    Yep, several HM's where we had a PW:B/Divine Sac rotation in place suddenly became a lot harder.

/sigh.

After the shield mana nerf I said fine... we'll deal with it. After the PoH nerf... fine, we'll deal with it. But for the love of god if you're going to touch our signature ability, at least give us some more direct throughput. You're slowly killing the spec Blizzard.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's f*cking retarded. Good things PTR patch notes aren't final.. There's still a slight chance this change will never make it live.. A vast amount of hope...

Altho, if it goes live. I won't be sad to see my subscription running out next month. Won't be missing my priest that's for sure..

I don't see how it can be really argued that cooldowns like barrier make hard mode too easy. Having the coordination to do things like group up the raid for a barrier and have a cooldown rotation between divine sacrifice and barrier/ or aura mastery is part of the coordination I EXPECT to be required and indeed rewarded on hard modes. Seems kind of counterproductive overall, especially as has been said, the cooldowns are all that discipline really has to offer anyway.

I except another:

This purported change is not actually correct. We're not changing <Insert Spell> in this way, the change that was found was simply a tooltip error

pretty sure the only reasoning behind this is to make it equal to the new warrior raid wide "last stand" and the increased CD on the paladin's Divine Guardian. pretty dumb though.

Yeah so great. We don't have a warrior in our steady 10m, so we're just getting the nerf from power:word barrier AND divine guardian, with nothing to make up for it. GG bring the player not the class........... please give that last stand to any of the other classes as well :/

Deleted
    my thought is that 25man gulds were stacking disc priests for HMs and got a barrier CD rotation going.

Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    my thought is that 25man gulds were stacking disc priests for HMs and got a barrier CD rotation going.
    And the 10m's get shafted :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    And the 10m's get shafted :/
    as always

Deleted
    GG bring the player not the class
    Unfortunately, since the cataclysm came the story has changed, especially in the beginning without a specific setup did not go out easily
    Bring the class F**k player is the way right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Unfortunately, since the cataclysm came the story has changed, especially in the beginning without a specific setup did not go out easily
    Bring the class F**k player is the way right now
    I have to agree with this. My main spec is Holy but recently I have been playing as Disc on several hard mode fights, mainly for Power Word: Barrier. No class should be brought for 1 ability alone.

It's just far to strong in its current form. Personally I would like to see it reduce damage taken by 15% and be on a 2 min cooldown BUT ONLY IF they give disc a boost in other areas as well. The problem with Blizzard is they keep taking without giving anything in return.

Deleted
    Before I get flamed to pieces: I do not run heroic modes. At all.
    The guild I run is currently 4/12 normal modes (you may laugh at me). Bumpy start with raiding, lalalala but we are now on track, actually killing stuff, new bosses go down every other week or so.

At the start of cataclysm I was very dissapointed with discipline. Shields were worthless.
    They got boosted, I was a happy bubble spammer again.

Nerf! No more bubblespam without being oom in 15 seconds.
    Another Nerf! (wasnt I already going oom?)
    More nerfs! This time on my big cooldown!

Now. I dont run heroic modes, am far from being the most amazing healer int he world but maybe that puts me in a position where I can speak on behalf of a bigger part of the community then simply the "more hardcore players out there".

Namely this feeling:

"My class gets changes every week or so. How on earth is this supposed to be fun for me? I feel like im losing the perspective on what they want me to do."

I dont like my own statement actually. It reeks of QQ and noone likes that.
    But really, I believe the majority of the playerbase could do with some more explanation as to why stuff is changed around all the time. Im getting really confused and im sure im not the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally pretty slowly getting pissed about Blizzard nerfing/buffing everything almost every week.

"There you go with some buffs this week. Oh wait thats too much. Nerf. Deal with it"
    "Oh wait!! There is another shit OP. Nerf. Oh wait that was too much, we just realized the nerf was a bit much. Buff"

Of course we will deal with it. As always. But those confused buffing nerfing on every other class every other week makes me sad.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    please give that last stand to any of the other classes as well :/
    See vampiric blood and then add the glyph . That's your last stand right there.

And then paladins get Guardian of Ancient Kings, Divine Protection and Ardent Defender which are all damage reduction spells (like shield walls with various % amounts). Druids only have a damage reduction spell (afaik, don't play feral), but it's hardly game breaking.

On topic: I don't see the logic behind the cooldown increase AND % reduction. One or the other I could see being justified, but this just makes it that less attractive of a spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzers View Post
    pretty sure the only reasoning behind this is to make it equal to the new warrior raid wide "last stand" and the increased CD on the paladin's Divine Guardian. pretty dumb though.
    That may be the big point here. Also, it's complete bogus. What is this madness lately, to break every facility down to an ability quasi everyone gets? This was acceptable for Heroism/Bloodlust and Time Warp, since bringing a shammy or a mage actually is a choice to make. But with the nerf to Shadow's dispell magic and this one here, they're taking away things that made priests special and unique.

And it's not like we'd be able to really compete in group healing or group damage mitigation anyways.

Well. Let's wait if the changes make it to live servers.