Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Balance
    * Starsurge damage has been reduced by 20%.
    It's like:
    * Aimed Shot damage has been decreased to approximately 160% weapon damage (at level 80+), down from 200%.

But hunters got in exchange:
    * Aspect of the Hawk now provides 2000 attack power at level 85.

So where's our buff to compensate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge View Post
    Everyone crying for buffs / nerfs just chill a bit. Everyone knows what they did to Unhol DK´s and other classes last patch (ie announced all the buffs early and in the last few days nerfed us to the ground as well as nerfed us a little bit more as soon as 4.0.6 went live)
    It is just hilarious to read all these tears and rerolling threats EVERY time a class gets fixed and balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Balance
    It's like:
    * Aimed Shot damage has been decreased to approximately 160% weapon damage (at level 80+), down from 200%.

Hey we have our passive spell, but it also got hit with nerf bat

They have to redesign our mastery or make it passive. 30% bonus dmg ( from 100% of mastery bonus ) while not in eclipse and during eclispe is the same. or make it like mages mastery, bonus to nature spell dmg entire time. Reduce % gain by 50% and point gain per mastery by 50%. Make it passive.....

Hey guess what's the cooldown on Wind Shear ??
    Not even remotely the same. Wind Shear only affects cast-time spells and does zero damage, Spell Reflection works on any single-target spell, instant or not, and can do potentially devastating damage, or incapacitate the caster in some other way. See that the Mage just got Hot Streak!? Time it right and that trinketed Pyro goes right back in their face. Wind Shear wouldn't touch that.

Balance
    It's like:

They were not trying to nerf Hunter damage. They were trying to nerf Balance druid damage. They made that pretty clear.

Finally, warriors won't just spam SR, coupled with it's multi reflecting bug it is annoying.

Boomkin nerf: warranted for pve, together with cyclone absolutely destroys a moonkin's worth in pvp again... Yay first insta-roots gone now this... argh...
    Swipe and Stampeding roar, yay my bear feels 0.5% less useless, still not bothering with it, it's the least interesting of all the tanks.
    DK Battle Rez: I'm happy for my dk, I'll actually be using it in heroics and raids without another BR, I'm not happy that every fail dk out there will still not know this ability exists, will never use it, and the few that do use it will probably rez the dead party member just before some huge aoe attack... Seriously, don't give the failclass a battle rez after you gave them a complicated tank spec most can barely deal with, it's throwing pearls to the swine. "DK, rez fallen party member please", "lol whut?"
    And why more Frost dk buffs (I play frost btw)? After the rune change now frost strike and hb get buffed too? Only to be nerfed to the ground in a few hours again I'm sure.
    Glyph of Death Gate? lol... I don't even...
    Change the damn arms description, fury is only 10x more mobile (heroic fury wtf) and doesn't need any more buffs, fury wars in my guild are doing great as is, and i'm still undecided which spec to take fury or arms, bladestorm&throwdown vs dual wielding look but 0 interesting spell effects.
    Happy with prot changes (I don't take my tank specs into bg's anyway) tho some more insta aoe threat would be nice, at least i don't have to wait 3 more levels for heroic throw now.
    Oh can move frames, bit late, frames more than a bit ugly, won't be used lol...
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2011-03-01 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    "Spell Reflection cooldown has been increased to 25 seconds, up from 10."

What??? At least make weapon switch off the global cooldown.

"Gag Order now only affects Heroic Throw."

What about pummel? We're losing Shield Bash at least give prots a silence when using Pummel..

Please try to remember that this patch is still in it's infancy(very likely to be on ptr for a couple months when the raid goes in for testing, which it still isn't). I'm not saying don't analyze the changes that are in at all, but there are more coming that may make the ones listed make a lot more sense.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Weck View Post
    Your argument is still invalid - the spells are NOT the same; just both are interrupts.
    I totally agree, thank you for pointing it out yet again, maybe people will actually read what the dam spells do and for how long before commenting on what they DO NOT KNOW.

Oh hay! Buffs to frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    Wow. As much as I like to see warrior nerfs... Shield Bash removed? Really? What?

Really?

Oh, and Karazhan gold nerf. That's nice. Real classy.

Patch 4.1: No Fun Allowed
    removed shield bash is not a nerfs casue u a can now pummel in all stance

Frost love <3

HB buff is a buff to single and multi-target (20% more front end is still more damage after the 50% reduction to other targets), and on top of the Frost Strike buff, should make mastery even more useful than before.

Also, DK Battle Res? Sweet. Means I'll use Raise Ally more than the 3 times I've used it since Wrath launched.

Hey guess what's the cooldown on Wind Shear ??
    5 sec talented but when fighting vs shamans u dont sit in silence/stun 24/7 as caster , prot warrior can kill every caster and end up fight with 90% hp (except frost mages :P )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the Dk buffs, battle rez and more single target frost dps, 4.1 is looking good for me right now.

most of the time when i read these patch notes i'm like ok yeah i see point there, i disagree there etc...but this morning as i was scrolling down the one that had me say out loud WTH!?! was reducing gold off of kazz/mags/doomwalker/karazan...that is just retarded and why would they do that? people have been soloing them well over a year or maybe closer to 2 now, since 80, why nerf them now? some of us love to run old content, and the gold is just a bonus, but its still nice. This change is total epic failure on blizzards part.

In a half clear of Karazan, clearing ALL optional mobs (up stairs of attunmen), and killing attunemen, moroes, maiden, and opera (again all mobs possible) solo i came out with about 600g, 15 stacks of netherweave, and like maybe 20 greens, i can see it could be seen as a good gold spot, but its once a week, and if you take 1 person with you, the gold is signicantly less, its only if you solo that half of kara, idk what i got for other half, and chess is to hard for me to solo, i am not skilled at that event so i usually take a few others with me, so i have only done a few solo clears up to chess.

As for mags, he gave me about 200g for 3 people clear, and Gruul was about 150g, and idk about doom and kazz....so really this nerf is uneeded imo, it gave me something to do once a week to get a little gold and play one of my fave instances, 1000g in a 2-3 hour clear solo once a week is not op, i dont play the AH i dont farm hardcore, i get by on my measly amount of gold, blizzard has already nerfed almost every way to make decent gold, and to farm cloth (look at frostweave, its terrible) instead of nerfing spots to farm and gold they should increase it, but i guess they make all the decisions, however stupid in my own opinion or not. Lame either way.

Kara didn't have that much gold before, what'll it have now, 5copper? <_<

I used to solo Kara at 80 >_<

Flurry haste bonus has been doubled to 16/32/50%.

Erm ..... come again?!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    I can't wait to hear all of the crying from druids..
    What I'm really confused about is why on earth is shield bash being removed?
    *pummel is now useable in all stances.
    That's why.

That's actually a buff to buff fury and arms in pvp, seing as if they now go defensive stance just to intervene or disarm, thus not equipping a shield, they can faster interrupt a cast if needed while being in defensive with no shield equipped

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    I can completely understand the gold change on Magtheridon but why Kazzak and Karazhan? On my server I get to see Kazzak maybe once a month and Karazhan takes a bit of time to get through the place, why the hell are they taking out the fun ways of getting gold...am I supposed to play the auction house? Am I supposed to squeeze every copper out of everything while holding down and beating the new players so they immediately know that nobody is ever supposed to have fun when gold is involved?

WoW is a game of options, several ways of getting experience, several ways of obtaining items, several ways of getting gold...and now they're going to mess with the only fun way. *very annoyed*
    I 100% agree with this.

Buying low and selling high is somehow more acceptable than going back to instances that are just gathering dust.

If I were a game designer, I'd want people to want to still see the work that took hundreds of hours, even if it's just for a tiny chunk of gold.

They can nerf whatever class abilities they want in the name of balance, but nerfing fun for the sake of nerfing it is ridiculous. Did they really expect people to get by on 25 Dailies x 16g per day? iLvl 346 Blues go for 4k+ on US-Illidan (listed as Full). iLvl359 epics go for upwards of 48k (Fury of Angerforge trinket as an example) or 60k (BOE Caster cloak).

They're basically saying: Play the AH, buy your gold or forever be poor.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Merylyan View Post
    Arrrrh, stop with combat rezes, I'm sick of paying repair bills 2 times per fight !
    Die less noob!