Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Tree Form (3m CD, lasts for 31 seconds) [AoE]
    Tree of Life is not an aoe. It is a form that increases healing done by the druid. Should rather be compared with Power Infusion or Archangel, which are more minor cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Is tranquil a standard aoe heal? Cause I prefer smart heals like divine hymn anyday, gives the healing to the people who need it most.
    It is a smart heal now, I believe.

Tranquility
    32% of base mana
    8 min cooldown
    Heals 5 nearby lowest health party or raid targets within 30 yards with Tranquility every 2 sec for 8 sec.

Tranquility heals for 3882 plus an additional 343 every 2 sec over 8 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. The Druid must channel to maintain the spell.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    Yes but guardian spirit and a weak hymn doesn't compare to 2-3 tranqs a fight. Yes we have guardian spirit but i'd say tree form and GS (40% healing on one target vs. 15% healing to everyone) are already pretty equal. So why should your CD of tranq do 4 times as much over the course of a fight over hymn? Disc is a spec with multiple CDs and with shields duration going down, aswell as the already present mana cost increase, it is all it has left even with a weakened version of barrier, so it's not as easy to compare discs CDs with a resto druid.
    They aint equal. Every healer would like to trade their +healing done cooldown(s) for priest's Guardian Spirit/Pain suppression. No class but prot pally- a tank- has that kind of cheat death CD, and priest version can be cast on any friend he wants.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entbark View Post
    Tree of Life is not an aoe. It is a form that increases healing done by the druid. Should rather be compared with Power Infusion or Archangel, which are more minor cooldowns.
    Your statement is nearly as bad as this one a few pages back :

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Power Infusion :"Spell casting speed increased by 20% and mana cost of spells reduced by 20%." Tree form pretty much.
    It is completely beyond me how you can compare Treeform with Power Infusion or even Archangel. Pls go and check tooltips before making totally out of place analogies...
    Last edited by PromiscuousPenguin; 2011-03-01 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Executz View Post
    Your statement is nearly as bad as this one a few pages back
    We're talking about raid cooldowns. Tree of Life increases healing, allows Lifebloom to be cast on multiple targets (allowing more clearcasting procs), makes Regrowth instant-cast, among other things. Regrowth is already fast enough; that is more of a pvp benefit. Hotting up the raid is great, but it takes many global cooldowns to cast Lifebloom on multiple targets, so it's a mana saver instead of a time saver. Wild Growth hitting additional targets is not a huge increase in healing output NOW.

You saying that my statement is bad and that it's beyond you how I can compare spells is a poor argument. So I should not compare them just because you say so, even though in context they provide similar utility?

15+ Year Old Account
    Tree of Life is not an aoe.
    Yeah, but it is.

If you are not using it for that, then *shrug*

Lol theres going to be a lot of changes between now and when 4.1 goes live. You act like 3-min Tranq is live already. Chances are Bliz will cave in to the whiners and do something to Hymm by then.

DH is fine atm. i'd rather keep it that way than have it buffed then nerfed 1 week after 4.1 goes live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManyHamsters View Post
    Hmm, this could be their first attempt at giving druids that "emergency cooldown" they were mentioning earlier
    Not much of an emergency CD if its on a 3 minute. It's just another AOE heal spell for them. An OP as fuck one.

I was talking about this after a raid on Tuesday when comparing healing done just off Tranquility and Divine Hymn. Tranquility was massively shitting on DH by, as far as recount was showing about 5% total healing for DH and like 30% for Tranquility. I'd gladly trade the 10% healing done for increased actual healing.

It's meant to be a big cooldown for the priest, if I'm channelling DH i'm not healing to make use of DH's 10% bonus, which kind of ruins it being my big cooldown.

If they want to make use of the 10% bonus to heal, they could make it a glyph'd ability
    Last edited by Malania; 2011-03-03 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith View Post
    Was giving a standard example, like provided in the log link i gave i think it was something like 14 ticks (no heroism used at that point) for a raid.

linky

But this discussion turned into a whinefest (again) so clicking "unsubscribe" :P
    Dujith, behave or i smack ya in THA FACE :P

On topic though, why do you want to make different classes the same? And why have I been raiding in a top guild with always 2-3 healing priests in the raid and only 1 resto druid, because of your cooldowns?

Also what Dujith said, and to be honest, go into Maloriak Hc and tell me how bad DH is, even done together with tranquility... This just to state an example.

Shall i open a thread for Guardian Spirit, Pain suppression, PW:S, etc etc? You can also go ahead and open a thread on tree of life (which was nerfed recently) and other spells you think druids have that you should have. Oh, give me chain heal and beacon of light please! Erm... Derp?

Seriously...
    Last edited by Laurathansal; 2011-03-03 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    Dujith, behave or i smack ya in THA FACE :P

On topic though, why do you want to make different classes the same? And why have I been raiding in a top guild with always 2-3 healing priests in the raid and only 1 resto druid, because of your cooldowns?

Also what Dujith said, and to be honest, go into Maloriak Hc and tell me how bad DH is, even done together with tranquility... This just to state an example.

Shall i open a thread for Guardian Spirit, Pain suppression, PW:S, etc etc? You can also go ahead and open a thread on tree of life (which was nerfed recently) and other spells you think druids have that you should have. Oh, give me chain heal and beacon of light please! Erm... Derp?

Seriously...
    Because Guardian Spirit, Pain Suppression, PW:S (honestly don't even know why you mention PW:S) are all AoE raid saving cooldowns, right? Oh, and when you are specced you get both Guardian Spirit AND Pain Suppression... right?

Also, Divine Hymn and Tranquility are basically ALREADY THE SAME SPELL. Long channeled AoE Smart heal. I'm not asking for priests to have a chain heal or a beacon because it doesn't already exist on a priest. I'm asking for it to be buffed seeing as it was already worse then Tranquility, and is now just trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Because Guardian Spirit, Pain Suppression, PW:S (honestly don't even know why you mention PW:S) are all AoE raid saving cooldowns, right? Oh, and when you are specced you get both Guardian Spirit AND Pain Suppression... right?

Also, Divine Hymn and Tranquility are basically ALREADY THE SAME SPELL. Long channeled AoE Smart heal. I'm not asking for priests to have a chain heal or a beacon because it doesn't already exist on a priest. I'm asking for it to be buffed seeing as it was already worse then Tranquility, and is now just trash.
    Consider priest has much stronger AOE burst capacity than druid as its a hot-heavy class, both tranquil and tree form are to help them deal with heavy AoE situations. GS/PS is not equal to tree form, DH isnt the same as tranquil. Though I agree DH need to be buffed somewhat consider the long channeling duration and the small amount healing, it needs not to be buffed to PTR tranquil's level. GS/PS+AoE buble was still OP despite numerous nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Aaah. Remember the good old Divine Hymn at the start of WotLK that was so awsome?
    I miss it when I was a NE stealthing on the SotA docks waiting to pop it when the horde ran off the boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minsunye View Post
    i agree with you, a cd reduction on tranq will probably bring a nerf on it's healing. at my current gear level i do an average of 250-300k healing in that 10 seconds. by reducing the cool down it just makes druid jobs a whole lot easier on a stabilised raid condition. as for dh combining with tranq, that would be pretty overkill my raid usually stagger them instead of using em together.
    And at my current gearlevel (can check my armory, in the sig.) i maybe do 180k healing with DH over 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-03-03 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Yeah, but it is.
    Tree of Life is NOT an area of effect spell. It doesn't even have an aura anymore. The fact that it increases the healing done by our aoes or that it increases the number of targets that one of our aoes hits does not make it an aoe ability.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    DH is fine atm. i'd rather keep it that way than have it buffed then nerfed 1 week after 4.1 goes live.
    ^This. It'll go live with a 3min CD, then blizz will hotfix nerf it 3 days later.

They're probably just, you know, TESTING what it would be like if Tranquility had a 3min CD, because, this is the Patch TEST Realm, is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Divine hymn is not so bad, but increasing number of targets from 3 to 5 would be great. And for tranquility in 4.1. It will be nerfed before patch or 1 week after patch release.

And I think blizz is trying to give each healer 3minutes cd for raid support (like PW:B barrier, tranq). Paladins will probably get shortened cd on GoAK, shamans some dmg absorb raid wide totem, holy priest maybe talent to decrease cd on divine hymn
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tree of Life increases healing, allows Lifebloom to be cast on multiple targets (allowing more clearcasting procs), makes Regrowth instant-cast, among other things. Regrowth is already fast enough; that is more of a pvp benefit. Hotting up the raid is great, but it takes many global cooldowns to cast Lifebloom on multiple targets, so it's a mana saver instead of a time saver. Wild Growth hitting additional targets is not a huge increase in healing output NOW.
    Option1

Step1: Reread your description of Tree of life, or check the tooltip to loose the "biaisedness" towards your weak analogy.
    Step2: Recheck the description of PI.
    Step3: Hopefully understand why PI is really not comparable to Tree of life.

Option2

Step1 : Log your priest, pop PI and do some healing.
    Step2: Log back to your druid pop Treeform and do some more healing in a similar context.
    Step3: Hopefully understand why PI is really not comparable to Tree of life.

Its 20% casting speed increase / mana red cost doesn't put it anywhere close or relevantly comparable to Tree of Life. A bad/weak analogy remains a bad/weak analogy.

Holy aoe spells:
    Holy Nova (no cooldown) ** Yes, I am gonna spam something that heals a 1/3 of heal
    Divine Hymn (8 min cd)
    Prayer of Healing (no cd)
    Holy Word: Sanctuary (20-ish sec cd) ** 45 seconds actually
    Circle of Healing (10 sec cd)
    Lightwell (can be used by multiple people at the same time) ** Funny how people STILL DON'T use Lightwell

Discipline aoe spells:
    Holy Nova (no cd) ** Read above, except this heals for WORSE
    Divine Hymn (8 min cd)
    Prayer of Healing (no cd)
    Power Word: Barrier (2 min cd currently, going to 3 min)

Druid aoe spells:
    Tranquility (8 min cd currently, going to 3 min)
    Wild Growth (8 sec cd)
    Efflorescence (15 sec cd)

Just comparing aoe spells, priests have it better by far than druids. All druid aoe spells have a cooldown while priests of any spec have 2 aoe spells with no cooldown. If we were to compare by cooldowns rather than by aoe spells, priests still have as good if not better major cooldowns than druids: Divine Hymn, Power Word: Barrier, Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit, vs Tranquility. If you want to talk minor cooldown (just +healing received), priests have Archangel, which provides the exact same increase to healing that Tree of Life does but with a way shorter cooldown; and Power Infusion, which is really good not only for the +healing received (indirectly from the haste when cast on a healer) but the decrease to mana cost.

Don't bring Nature's Swiftness into this or I will bring up Borrowed Time, Serendipity, Surge of Light, Inner Focus, and maybe even Penance.
    I am laughing so hard right now as you call Holy Nova decent aoe healing. It is a waste of a GCD.

Just because we have more CD's doesn't mean it is better. Don't complain that we caught a dozen fish while you caught a shark.

Easy fix for Divine Hymn: give holy some kind of talent that increases it to 5 targets, or reduces it's cooldown, but leave disc as is.