Thread: Your ideal Mmo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    WOW lore+Oblivion combat+RIFT char customization+RTS elements

WoW is a great game except:

1. There are no options for setting up talent trees. An optimal game should allow you to set your talents up in 100s of ways --- and when I say this, I mean that all 100+ should be feasible raiding specs.
    2. Mixing PVP and PVE was done horribly. They should have diff gear, talents, specs, etc... Blizzard makes their job 100x harder by not separating PVE and PVP talent trees.
    3. Hard Modes vs Regular Modes. This concept is pretty lame IMO. All the glory of a kill is gone after you defeat a boss. So when you defeat a boss in regular and then come back to kill it in hard mode, their is no great feeling of accomplishment...it simply feels like a task that's necessary for progression ranking
    4. Raid content is almost non-existent. You have a game that generates billions of dollars, yet they can only create a couple raid zones per year??? Why do they not have 20 teams of 20 people each, working on raid zones at the same time. And what's with recycling all the old sht? IMO, they do a great job with developing the world, however, they spend little to no time developing the raid content.....I hope that Rift can correct these disasters...as WoW seems to be getting worse and worse each expansion.....BRING BACK BURNING CRUSADE STYLE RAIDING!!!

I would really love a game with more open ended faction alignment. Imagine if you were born an orc, but as you level the choices you make gradually moves you into the Argent Crusade or something. The end game could be more open ended where you can only join guilds whos players also align themselves under factions the AC would approve. you could split the approving factions in half, leaving basically two meta-factions (like horde and alliance). Whatever sub-faction you align with means you can only gain maximum approval of their closest allies.

I'm also tired of the "tree" style of skills. Maybe when you pick your race you have access to a few spells or weapon skills only somewhat unique(2h, fire, heal), then by using those skills you can gain similar abilities, customizable with effects like slows or DoTs from a profession that everyone can gain, similar to glyphs only more open ended.

The one thing i really loved about City of heroes was the travel. The super jump was so much fun....also jumping off skyscrapers before you activate flight. I'd love more of a sandbox style of travel instead of portals and taxis.

finally, id love to have it based of an existing IP. What drew me to WoW was the fact that i loved the story of WC3. As much as i wanted to read every quest as i went along in WoW, i didn't and read the wiki instead. The foundation has to be set for me to be immediately interested. When i played the Rift beta it was like "your awake, good...connect all the yellow dots and run back and fourth to the '!' until you go back in time or something"

Asheron's Call had some of the most creative aspects in any MMO I've ever seen. Create your own class from a set of overall skills, including skills that improved your mobility like run and jump (more points in run made you run faster, more points in jump let you jump higher and take less fall damage) Unique monsters like the Reedshark combined with classic feel creatures like Undead and things that were similar to classic but different like Lugians and Virindi. These are the things I would want to see in an MMO (or any game really,) Creativity and Style in the development. Allow the players to bring their own creativity and style into their character. Both and I will sing your praises.

Deleted
    Tera.

That's ... pretty much it, from the looks of it atleast. I'll have to see more in-depth closer to release. But if it plays as good as it looks, then .. woosh

Pokemon. Could be awesome.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. I'd take WoW.

2. I'd be the lead designer & I'd fire anyone having an efing attitude like Hitl..., sorry, Ghostcrawler does.

3. I'd listen to the comm.

4. I'd make more clear distinction between PvP and PvE talents.

Tada!

Quote Originally Posted by photocopy View Post
    Pokemon. Could be awesome.
    persistent world pokemon MMO would defs play this. (no im not 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Asheron's Call had some of the most creative aspects in any MMO I've ever seen. Create your own class from a set of overall skills, including skills that improved your mobility like run and jump (more points in run made you run faster, more points in jump let you jump higher and take less fall damage) Unique monsters like the Reedshark combined with classic feel creatures like Undead and things that were similar to classic but different like Lugians and Virindi. These are the things I would want to see in an MMO (or any game really,) Creativity and Style in the development. Allow the players to bring their own creativity and style into their character. Both and I will sing your praises.
    If Asheron's Call was remade to have playable controls I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Maybe it was because I was young as hell when I played it (15-18), and maybe because it was my first mmo, but I loved it so much. Asheron's Call 2 failed hard, but the original is STILL being updated after 11 years. Every single month it gets a decent update. I loved how accessible it was, that you could run like the wind, and the world was huge. Obviously it got grindy, but the sheer amount of content they kept putting in was just awesome. At its peak it also had some great communities, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    If Asheron's Call was remade to have playable controls I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Maybe it was because I was young as hell when I played it (15-18), and maybe because it was my first mmo, but I loved it so much. Asheron's Call 2 failed hard, but the original is STILL being updated after 11 years. Every single month it gets a decent update. I loved how accessible it was, that you could run like the wind, and the world was huge. Obviously it got grindy, but the sheer amount of content they kept putting in was just awesome. At its peak it also had some great communities, as well.
    The grinding really got to me yea, some of the skills needed a bit more balance as well (like the magics.) I loved the events like the Viridni invasion and the Hoary Mattekar, and you can see that blizzard was definitely inspired by some of it. A true sequel could definitely rock the market, though I have friends who still play it to this day... maybe one of these days I'll get another copy and rediscover it.

I tried recently to get into it again for some fun, but man...the controls are god awful nowadays. You can remap to be more like newer MMOs, but it just felt really clunky, especially the melee attack bar. Yikes.

Tell you what, I actually loved before they fixed the mage pvp bug: 'Slidecasting". God pvp was fun back then. I hated the "Your cast was interrupted" thing when moving afterwards. Yea, it was definitely broken...but man it was fun.

I've been thinking of an mmo like this:

It's basically reality but then in a funny way.

There are 2 factions: Communists and Capitalists

The classes: VIP, Scientist, Soldier are the ones I thought about so far

They can of course specialize themselves.
    VIP's Can become a Rock Star, Politician and a TV Super Star
    Soldiers can become a Mercenary, Special force and don't know about the other one
    Scientists can become specialized in Biochemical stuff, Quantum stuff, or something else. They should be the main healers in this game

Rock stars are like bards, they motivate people with their songs and heals them as well. While Politicians are the main dps role have great spells like [Sue] while TV stars are some kind of draining stats and copycat class. They can drain lots of stats on the other players like [Humiliate].

Soldiers are actually just dps', don't really need to explain them. And same for scientists, they are just mostly healers. Quantum could be a dps spec.

Then instead of mana we have Cash. You can fill up your cash bar by visiting the bank and check your current cash rate with your cellphone (standard for every class). The more money you have ingame the faster it will replenish. You will always get cash points regardless of how much money you have, but slower.

I'm actually serious about this