Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Bestial Wrath duration timer isn't appearing... Other than that, been working awesome so far.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Bestial Wrath duration timer isn't appearing... Other than that, been working awesome so far.

Beastial Wrath is the buff your pet gets and the ability you hit, and as such you can only see the CD of it. If you want the duration, use The Beast Within (the buff YOU get from the ability).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoylie View Post
    Beastial Wrath is the buff your pet gets and the ability you hit, and as such you can only see the CD of it. If you want the duration, use The Beast Within (the buff YOU get from the ability).
    Oh... Makes sense... Yeah, just checked BM tree, our Bestial Wrath is indeed Beast Within... Thanks!

That's what you get by playing MM/SV for 2 years or so

With this info, checked JS BM tab and noticed that Beast Within is not present in the buff drop down list... And by default Bestial Wrath comes with CD and duration on player...

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Oh... Makes sense... Yeah, just checked BM tree, our Bestial Wrath is indeed Beast Within... Thanks!

That's what you get by playing MM/SV for 2 years or so

With this info, checked JS BM tab and noticed that Beast Within is not present in the buff drop down list... And by default Bestial Wrath comes with CD and duration on player...
    Thanks for posting, alpha 1.896 has this fixed ;-)

JS

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Thanks for posting, alpha 1.896 has this fixed ;-)

JS
    I am pretty sure 1.895 already has it because I was raiding with it and I had it set up as a timer
    JS, I was reading on 1.895 changelist that Icon timers are already in but I guess I am just blind and cant set them up to actually see solid icon timers and not those sliding icons. Am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise... thanks for that great addon
    DFE

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    I am pretty sure 1.895 already has it because I was raiding with it and I had it set up as a timer
    JS, I was reading on 1.895 changelist that Icon timers are already in but I guess I am just blind and cant set them up to actually see solid icon timers and not those sliding icons. Am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise... thanks for that great addon
    DFE
    Edit whichever timer you want and change the position to "LEFT" or "RIGHT" in the options.

I hope to release 1.896 today as a beta. Had some good testing done last night, the changes work well. Still some things I need to fix on the code side, but Load on Demand options and the ability to position the Icon Timers to suit your own preference will be nice to get out there.

JS

Edit whichever timer you want and change the position to "LEFT" or "RIGHT" in the options.

I hope to release 1.896 today as a beta. Had some good testing done last night, the changes work well. Still some things I need to fix on the code side, but Load on Demand options and the ability to position the Icon Timers to suit your own preference will be nice to get out there.

JS
    Is it THAT easy?
    Well, easy probably but this particular setting may not be intuitive. Thank you for your help anyway.

Keep up the good work!

Is it THAT easy?
    Well, easy probably but this particular setting may not be intuitive. Thank you for your help anyway.

Keep up the good work!
    I plan to start writing a guide for it. I have the option to do that or work on the addon... But any better ideas? :-)

Also, 1.896 has a position bar to allow you to re-arrange the icons now.

positions:
    Left - Right
    54321 12345

Builds from the inside out, with the gap (option) space in between left and right sides.

Also there is an option to change how it's anchored. Either to the bar, or free moving through "/jsb lock", or "/jsb l" for short ;-)

JS

I plan to start writing a guide for it. I have the option to do that or work on the addon... But any better ideas? :-)

Also, 1.896 has a position bar to allow you to re-arrange the icons now.

positions:
    Left - Right
    54321 12345

Builds from the inside out, with the gap (option) space in between left and right sides.

Also there is an option to change how it's anchored. Either to the bar, or free moving through "/jsb lock", or "/jsb l" for short ;-)

JS
    Maybe just edit the text so that one knows that top, center and bottom are sliding timers while left and right means solid icon timers

I just noticed when setting up position of these solid icon timer frame in 1.895 that position of the frame in unlocked mode doesnt match position of the icons after you lock the frame, if you know what I mean Basically, rendered icons are showing up a bit lower than where you place the green movable frame in unlocked mode. My guess is that the lower edge of the frame in unlocked mode actually refers to center of the frame in locked mode.

Maybe just edit the text so that one knows that top, center and bottom are sliding timers while left and right means solid icon timers

I just noticed when setting up position of these solid icon timer frame in 1.895 that position of the frame in unlocked mode doesnt match position of the icons after you lock the frame, if you know what I mean Basically, rendered icons are showing up a bit lower than where you place the green movable frame in unlocked mode. My guess is that the lower edge of the frame in unlocked mode actually refers to center of the frame in locked mode.
    Check 1.898, releasing soon. I'll check it myself in a minute.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-03-04 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Can you add a scaling setting for the instant aimed stacks? In it's default iteration, the squares are pretty small and playing on a high resolution display it makes my eyes hurt a little over a long period of time, is there a way to make them appear larger, at least in height?

Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    Can you add a scaling setting for the instant aimed stacks? In it's default iteration, the squares are pretty small and playing on a high resolution display it makes my eyes hurt a little over a long period of time, is there a way to make them appear larger, at least in height?
    I can option this, just didn't think it was necessary. Any other opinions?

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 10:34 PM ----------

Just released 1.899 Beta, hoping it passes testing to bump the toc and release it.

Oh, SharedMedia supported now. Enjoy.

JS

Deleted
    Hi JR!

This addon is simply amazing but i can't use it maybe because i use Tukui and they go in conflict.
    It works like a charm without Tukui.
    Can u FIX it for TUKUI users?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogru View Post
    Hi JR!

This addon is simply amazing but i can't use it maybe because i use Tukui and they go in conflict.
    It works like a charm without Tukui.
    Can u FIX it for TUKUI users?
    Seeing as I use Tukui / ElvUI, not true.

What is the issue and what version. If you are on 1.87, I would suggest moving to the latest Beta (1.8991) which will be released out of Beta soon. Just waiting on feedback from testers.

BTW. If you are not on TukUI v13, you should consider upgrading to the more recent version.

But, do post your issues, I'll be glad to help out.

JS

PS. I'm sure the mods here would be happier if you PM'd me, or posted on my forums at www.transcended.us, which is the refugee camp for my addon support till I get off my arse and setup my own forum.
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-03-06 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    That's the error message:

Message: Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\main\core.lua:2227: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got nil)
    Time: 03/07/11 15:40:38
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `unpack'
    Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\main\core.lua:2227: in function <Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\main\core.lua:2177>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "table expected, got nil"

Pratically i see only the bar without nothing else.
    Only an orange flat bar.

I use the latest version of your addon.

Tnx.

Message: Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\main\core.lua:2227: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got nil)
    Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\main\core.lua:2227: in function <Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\main\core.lua:2177>

Only an orange flat bar.

Tnx.
    See your private messages.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 09:36 AM ----------

Only an orange flat bar.

Tnx.
    Yep, code issue. Fixed in 1.8995, releasing in a few minutes.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 03:00 PM ----------

Release version 1.9 was uploaded to Curse / WoWInterface.

Thanks to everyone who had input, bug reports or anything else that contributed to the development of this addon.

JS

Posted this on the addon comments itself. /jsb config returns an error the first time. timers arent appearing after new version, but are still tracked. top and bottom no longer exists? I really liked this feature, more so than above below and right, left... any chance of adding that back in?

JS,

At first I was skeptical that I needed/wanted a Hunter "bar" type addon. I thought I could have everything it included through other addons. Today I decided to remake my UI and thought, "Hey, why not include that hunter bar addon?" So I got it, toyed with the configuration, and have to say...this is the single best Hunter addon EVER. It makes tracking debuffs on target and focus soooo easy. Thanks for making this.

Aendos
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasaladin View Post
    Posted this on the addon comments itself. /jsb config returns an error the first time. timers arent appearing after new version, but are still tracked. top and bottom no longer exists? I really liked this feature, more so than above below and right, left... any chance of adding that back in?
    Got your post, replied on Curse.

I'm going to look at it in the morning.

Thank you for posting..

JS

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Aendos View Post
    JS,

At first I was skeptical that I needed/wanted a Hunter "bar" type addon. I thought I could have everything it included through other addons. Today I decided to remake my UI and thought, "Hey, why not include that hunter bar addon?" So I got it, toyed with the configuration, and have to say...this is the single best Hunter addon EVER. It makes tracking debuffs on target and focus soooo easy. Thanks for making this.

Aendos
    Thanks, comments like these make the time spent working on it worth it.

JS

Deleted
    Drop down menus at Fonts & Textures don't have any option other than the default one (Big Noodles for me)

Intended or buggy?

Also, i don't like the overall graphical change to the bar But it does what it was built for, so... :P
    Last edited by mmoc707bc56263; 2011-03-09 at 10:35 AM.