Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Anime] I need a few new anime to watch.

lately ive been wanting to watch more and more anime. im up to currently following the storylines of about 9 including oldies such as "bleach,naruto, and recently finished a few older ones i didnt finish seeing in my youth "outlaw star, yu-yu hakusho" so i started watching some new anime that came out this year. but while there storylines are fixing them selves up are there any that came out in the past year or 2 that have enough action in them to keep me interested yet have a good storyline and a mystery in them?

my current are.

Bleach
    Naruto
    Freezing
    Zombie Desu "name is too long to remember but the 1st 2 words will let you find it"
    and beleive it or not with team rocket gone..pokemon is actually good and not goofy

ive tried 1 called Go sick but im not in to detective types. so anyone know a few?

Deleted
    Spice and wolf, Gantz, Spice and wolf, Ef - a tale of memories, Spice and wolf, Angel beats, Spice and wolf, Clannad, Spice and wolf..
    all good
    Gantz is quite an violent animé though. lots of blood.
    Also: did i mention Spice and wolf?
    It's an peaceful anié though, almost no fighting. still awesome
    Last edited by mmoc0dc02ab222; 2011-03-10 at 08:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hajime no Ippo - a boxing anime, about a teenager being bullied who finds boxing interesting (yeah, it sounds like a cliché when I say it, but it's not). Seriously, when I first saw it I thought it wasn't going to be cool at all, because.. well, I wasn't into boxing at all, but I was surprised and it has given me quite a few laughs as well as given me the chills from time to time.

oh i forgot one peice...i started watching it agian after i saw it was 489 episodes in..i figured it must have gotten good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you're watching some kiddy ones there.
    You could hit up

Kara no Kyoukai

Shikabane Hime

Kurokami

If you're after some more serious supernatural series.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2011-03-10 at 08:40 AM.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

Well, they don't have to be really the best ones, but you can search for your own.

hmm prehaps you can explain wolf and spice. i see it as your sig. so i assume you like the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    death note, soul eater (completed), Fairy Tail, Gintama
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2011-03-10 at 11:29 AM.

Deathnote (my all time favourite anime series), Gantz (was fun) and maybe even Ghost in the shell (somehow I got attached to the atmosphere)

Quote Originally Posted by Virandile View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

Well, they don't have to be really the best ones, but you can search for your own.
    i actually go to a site called http://www.anime44.com/ its kinda similar to that 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    death note, soul eater (completed), Fairy Tale, Gintama
    ^ one piece and i hear a show called darker than black is pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. Both in animation and story, it's about giant robots and leave it at that. only about 30 episodes long, but that's all it needs to express its sheer epicness. Also has some great humor.
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Great story, good action sequences and some funny bits.
    Code Geass - Serious anime, very good with lots of WTF just happened?! moments (the good kind).
    Fairy Tail - If you enjoy One Piece, you'll probably like this too....kinda the same only replace pirates with mages.

and Juri ftw. 3rd fav SF character after Cody and Cammy.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

i think what im really looking for is something close to highly skilled people fighting but somehow though training they gain powers and special abilites and such. though super natural might go in that catagory. i do like seeing ghosts and such and for some reason alot of them have some type of demon.

Last edited by shocktopuslol; 2011-03-10 at 08:51 AM.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

www.animedreaming.tv

last exile, darker then black, Heroic Age, Full Metal ALch: Brotherhood, Air Gear, Fairy Tail ( this trumps the typical Naruto/bleach suggestion) Code Geass and almost every other suggested already.

Just hop on a sight, pick and go!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    hmm prehaps you can explain wolf and spice. i see it as your sig. so i assume you like the show.
    Sure thing.
    Spice and Wolf is quite an peaceful animé, it's an mix of so many diffrent genres, like romance, action, comedy, but it's also very serious at times.
    The show is about 2 people, an traveling merchant named Lawrence, and an wolfgod in human form named Holo (or Horo. she has been called both.) The two of these meet by an accident, and Lawrence promise to give her a lift in his wagon. they start talking and he decides to help her home to the north. (she had spent many many years living in the crops at an village.)
    Along the way they ofcourse, have to make money, a lot of things happens, etc etc
    you should check it out and see if you like it.

http://psgels.blogsome.com/2008/03/2...-review-85100/
    http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/a461.html
    http://twitchfilm.com/news/2009/08/s...olf-review.php

^ some reviews about the animé. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i think what im really looking for is something close to highly skilled people fighting but somehow though training they gain powers and special abilites and such. though super natural might go in that catagory. i do like seeing ghosts and such and for some reason alot of them have some type of demon.
    If this is really what you're looking for...then i'd recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It includes pretty much everything you said there. It's 103 episodes, and one of the best i've watched. It's kind of slow the first 20 episodes or so..(yes that many) but after that, it really gets awesome.
    If you have patience, i'd recommend Hitman Reborn.

Then i really think you'd enjoy Code Geass or Gantz if you can stand alot...lots and lots of blood....LOTS.
    Also Fairy Tail is quite awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc0dc02ab222; 2011-03-10 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    Fairy Tail - If you enjoy One Piece, you'll probably like this too....kinda the same only replace pirates with mages.

and Juri ftw. 3rd fav SF character after Cody and Cammy.
    just want to point out:

The artist is actually the guy who did RAVE MASTER( Groove Adventure Rave) and his name is, Hiro Mashima.
    Oda is the guy who does One Piece.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Exile, Death Note, Code Geass and Eden of the East are good too.

There's a new movie series by the people who make geass/gundam called Breakblade, but its currently unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    just want to point out:

The artist is actually the guy who did RAVE MASTER( Groove Adventure Rave) and his name is, Hiro Mashima.
    Oda is the guy who does One Piece.
    Yeah the rave master guy copied one piece, pretty obviously too. If you've seen his Monster Hunter manga series, the main character is a direct, obvious, copy of luffy, it's pretty lol. But hey, I guess shonen anime heroes arn't that diverse anyway. It's not like there isn't room for 2 one piece like shows, just like bleach and naruto share the martial arts 13-15 year old demographic spotlight.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2011-03-10 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe you'd also like One Piece or Death note aswell..
    Both very very good animés.
    But i still recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Updated post above.