I have no idea how to gem as holy!

I keep seeing disagreements on the forums about priest gemming.

I understand we get spirit gear. Then, haste to 12.5% (but I've seen people disagree with this). Then mastery. Then int. Forget crit.

Right?

So, I have 15% haste. Should I undo some of my reforges and go mastery? Because, I've also heard people say that haste is always helpful. I know there really is no *right* way and that it's based on play style. But, I don't know that we priests have a "play style" like we used to in wrath. In wrath you could be a renew healer or a PoH healer. In cata, it seems like you just go with whatever spell will get it done at the time.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aisey/advanced

Now, if a priest applied to my guild with that armory I think I'd wonder why they were doing straight mastery gems. But, I think it's right since my haste is so high? I honestly don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choose Haste or Mastery, whichever you prefer (really: your choice!).
    Then for gemming:
    Red sockets: Intellect
    Blue Sockets: Intellect + Spirit
    Yellow Sockets: Intellect + Haste/Mastery
    This way you maximize your socket bonuses and get your most useful stat (INT) a lot, while still having the other stats you need/like.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The 12.5% Haste thing is silly, seeing as you don't use Renew to raid heal. Sure, the extra tick is nice, but you don't just stop haste at that point.

Just gem/reforge haste until you're comfortable, around 2.1/2.2 sec cast Heal, then go where you want from there. More haste is always useful though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Choose Haste or Mastery, whichever you prefer (really: your choice!).
    Then for gemming:
    Red sockets: Intellect
    Blue Sockets: Intellect + Spirit
    Yellow Sockets: Intellect + Haste/Mastery
    This way you maximize your socket bonuses and get your most useful stat (INT) a lot, while still having the other stats you need/like.
    This...

As for the 12,5% haste discussion, it's just a minimum that most agree that you should at least have. Wether you decide to pursue mastery or haste after that is entirely up to yourself.

Deleted
    You should gem for int while sticking to socket bonuses. Like Ynna said, red should be +40 int, blue should be +20 int and +20 spirit (or +40 spirit if you feel your regen is too low), yellow should be +20 int +20 haste (until you feel comfortable) then +20 mastery. How much haste you get is up to you and also depends on your talents (if you have 3 points in darkness, you need less) and your raid (if you get a 5% hastebuff always in raids, you can go way lower).

You should gem...

Red: Intellect
    Blue: Intellect
    Yellow: Grab two Intellect+Haste gems (or Int/Mastery, if that's how you roll) in the best slots you can for your meta, then more Intellect gems.

It's the only way to increase your spellpower, and it also increases your regen. Sure, you can cross over if a socket bonus is really good for a blue, by going Int/Spirit, but 9 times out of ten it's not. If you need more haste, or mastery, or even spirit, look at your reforging options. But not taking advantage of raw red gems is really limiting yourself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Have to agree with Kelesti

Two orange gems, be they Artful or Reckless cuts to activate your metagem, then all Brilliant cuts. The only time not to install a pure Int gem is if the socket bonus is +20 Int or better. Typically you're only going to find this scenario with a helm.