10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    For people who also read manga, I would really advise you to read "onani master kurosawa". It's a 4 volumes story that's not really widely known, but I can safely say it's one of the greatest stories I've ever read in a manga (and I've read lots).

The beginning may feel weird (or downright disturbing/vulgar depending on your sensitivity). Look up the meaning of "onani", or a summary/synopsys of the manga to get what I mean by that. But seriously, just continue reading, it's worth it. The amount of emotions that are conveyed by this manga is just astonishing.

So read it. Now!
    Read it and yeah it;s a pretty awesome read. Also somewhat tame compared to some other stuff out there.

Deleted
    Watching Shakugan no Shana Second atm.
    But thanks to you guys i've now got a huge list of things to watch, aint getting bored soon i guess =P

who here thinks that this gundam novel will become a anime someday http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mob...rozen_Teardrop
    just wondering because Gundam Unicorn was also written as a novel before they made the OVA of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    have yet to check out the Narutaru ones yet though. Probably gonna check out the manga of narutaru through manga------.net
    1. Narutaru is far and away worse than Bokurano.
    2. Yes, Darkhorse did stop releasing it, but not because of the things you mention. Trust me, it is much worse.
    3. Try to find an unedited scanlation if you can. The deleted frames by Darkhorse are uber disturbing, but without them the mood of the scenes are lost.
    4. For some reason this mangaka's work grips me with a sick fascination. I think it's mostly that I want to see what happens to the kids (hoping against hope that they will be alright), but deep down knowing it's not going to be a pretty site. I do like that he doesn't paint life in Japan as all roses and rainbows like so many manga and anime do. While it is exaggerated, bad stuff happens here just like everywhere else, whether Japanese people want to admit it or not. Gives a more real view on society, even if it is the dark disturbing picture that most people tend to ignore.

Finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai last night. Holy crap, what a good show. A must watch, imo. Also, made me wish for a second season of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, to do a nice clean wrap-up like Kai did. Maybe they will sometime soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    1. Narutaru is far and away worse than Bokurano.
    2. Yes, Darkhorse did stop releasing it, but not because of the things you mention. Trust me, it is much worse.
    3. Try to find an unedited scanlation if you can. The deleted frames by Darkhorse are uber disturbing, but without them the mood of the scenes are lost.
    4. For some reason this mangaka's work grips me with a sick fascination. I think it's mostly that I want to see what happens to the kids (hoping against hope that they will be alright), but deep down knowing it's not going to be a pretty site. I do like that he doesn't paint life in Japan as all roses and rainbows like so many manga and anime do. While it is exaggerated, bad stuff happens here just like everywhere else, whether Japanese people want to admit it or not. Gives a more real view on society, even if it is the dark disturbing picture that most people tend to ignore.

Finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai last night. Holy crap, what a good show. A must watch, imo. Also, made me wish for a second season of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, to do a nice clean wrap-up like Kai did. Maybe they will sometime soon
    Yeah i know i really do want to see an undedited version just hard to find i suspect the one i found might be one seeing as it seems to go to the end. Still curious though i might send you a link to see if it;s the real deal or not in a pm.

hmm, is it worth finishing Umineko? I made it up till about episode 10-11 before I got tired of it. I liked it at the beginning (before that annoying bitch showed up) but once she was there, it seemed like every episode was Battler explaining for 10 minutes to Beatrice how she's not a witch or something. tbh the opening/ending were like the main reasons i was able to make it that far lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    hmm, is it worth finishing Umineko? I made it up till about episode 10-11 before I got tired of it. I liked it at the beginning (before that annoying bitch showed up) but once she was there, it seemed like every episode was Battler explaining for 10 minutes to Beatrice how she's not a witch or something. tbh the opening/ending were like the main reasons i was able to make it that far lol
    I started to lose interest about the same spot that you are now, but trust me, just power through the next few episodes, and things really start looking up. It gets really good. Totally worth the wait. Thinking about buying the game so I can find out the rest of the story.

damnnn alright. i knew i shouldn't have deleted it :S

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 09:50 PM ----------

oh yea, thanks for recommending Bokurano, Sorrior. just when i thought a show couldn't get more disturbing than Higurashi's first season, i was proved wrong :/

10+ Year Old Account

oh yea, thanks for recommending Bokurano, Sorrior. just when i thought a show couldn't get more disturbing than Higurashi's first season, i was proved wrong :/
    Really? Are you talking about the manga or the anime? If it's the manga I'd agree, but the anime, not so much. Bokurano is much tamer in anime than in it's manga form, and the anime doesn't come close to Higurashi as far as dark and disturbing goes. Bokurano is depressing as hell, and has disturbing moments, but isn't as wholly demented as Higurashi is. (the anime anyway, the manga is fucked up)

10+ Year Old Account

Your perfectly welcome man and more power to ya now if only we could each find unedited Narutaru manga scanlated.

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 04:36 AM ----------

Really? Are you talking about the manga or the anime? If it's the manga I'd agree, but the anime, not so much. Bokurano is much tamer in anime than in it's manga form, and the anime doesn't come close to Higurashi as far as dark and disturbing goes. Bokurano is depressing as hell, and has disturbing moments, but isn't as wholly demented as Higurashi is. (the anime anyway, the manga is fucked up)
    Dman i really do gotta start reading that manga now just to decide to read the english version or the fan version. Meh fan version probbaly though my dad's gonna read some of bokurano. He's an ex english teacher so will be nice to see his take on it.

woah you guys like some darker anime. I can not handle that stuff and surprised at first that even exists. I think from reading and watching Japanese media I turned into a baby by American standards. I'm all into kawaii boys and girls glomping each other in lolita and goth clothes and talking furry friends that darker stuff scares me. I looked up some of the animes you guys mentioned. I kept reading Narutaru as naruto so I was confused that was supposed to be dark. I thought I had missed something lol I read a review and summary of onani master kurosawa. It actually sounds amusing Im not sure I would want to watch it I would probably feel really ashamed and awkward for the boy at certain points in the series so I probably will pass but it was worth hearing about and fun to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    woah you guys like some darker anime. I can not handle that stuff and surprised at first that even exists. I think from reading and watching Japanese media I turned into a baby by American standards. I'm all into kawaii boys and girls glomping each other in lolita and goth clothes and talking furry friends that darker stuff scares me. I looked up some of the animes you guys mentioned. I kept reading Narutaru as naruto so I was confused that was supposed to be dark. I thought I had missed something lol I read a review and summary of onani master kurosawa. It actually sounds amusing Im not sure I would want to watch it I would probably feel really ashamed and awkward for the boy at certain points in the series so I probably will pass but it was worth hearing about and fun to think about.
    Well truth be told i mainly read/watch the darker stuff when i;m doing well lately well more like for about a year and a quater or more i;ve been having some problems identity issues nervous breakdown basically the stuff most people deal with as a teen and am having some real problems mentally. Though i;ve been getting better lately i keep havibg flashbacks so i;ve been watching series like you mentioned more than i would in the past. Hell the whole mess with the site we were talkinga bout a few oages back has been my big issue lately. Heh i just wanta free world where the iodea of fantasy as fantasy exists instead of all these crazy laws.

edit oh yeah and if you think those are dark ypou should see some of the hentai i've read you might wanna kill yourself after those. But again that was in the past and i need to rebuild myself mentally before i can go back.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-03-10 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like any anime that has interesting characters that get me involved with the story. Whether it is dark and disturbing, or light and fluffy, I'll watch it. I like the darker stuff because it is a perfect counter for people who say that "cartoons are for kids". Anyone who would let their kids watch Higurashi, Umineko, Bokurano, or Narutaru, not to mention countless others, has no right to be a parent imo. No way I would let my children, when i have them :/, watch that stuff until they were older. But, it gets my friends who don't like anime off my back. My watch list is quite an even mix right now I think.
    Watching:
    Freezing (not really dark...kinda darkish i guess. Serious i guess you'd say)
    Kore wa Zombie Desuka? (through and through comedy, with random bouts of seriousness.)
    Infinite Stratos (typical Harem, looking like it might have more to the story than they are making obvious atm.)
    Star Driver (epic mecha meets mahou shounen O.o)
    Index Season 2 (fantasy/sci-fi action anime, good fun to watch)
    Kimi ni Todoke S2 (slice of life/dramedy)
    Dragon Crisis (fantasy action/harem, really good ending song ;D )
    Puella Magi Madoka Magika (dark mahou shoujo, incredible, kinda sad it is almost over )

So yea, I like my dark and dreary as much as my bright and cheery (cwutididthar?).

10+ Year Old Account
    I like any anime that has interesting characters that get me involved with the story. Whether it is dark and disturbing, or light and fluffy, I'll watch it. I like the darker stuff because it is a perfect counter for people who say that "cartoons are for kids". Anyone who would let their kids watch Higurashi, Umineko, Bokurano, or Narutaru, not to mention countless others, has no right to be a parent imo. No way I would let my children, when i have them :/, watch that stuff until they were older. But, it gets my friends who don't like anime off my back. My watch list is quite an even mix right now I think.
    Watching:
    Freezing (not really dark...kinda darkish i guess. Serious i guess you'd say)
    Kore wa Zombie Desuka? (through and through comedy, with random bouts of seriousness.)
    Infinite Stratos (typical Harem, looking like it might have more to the story than they are making obvious atm.)
    Star Driver (epic mecha meets mahou shounen O.o)
    Index Season 2 (fantasy/sci-fi action anime, good fun to watch)
    Kimi ni Todoke S2 (slice of life/dramedy)
    Dragon Crisis (fantasy action/harem, really good ending song ;D )
    Puella Magi Madoka Magika (dark mahou shoujo, incredible, kinda sad it is almost over )

So yea, I like my dark and dreary as much as my bright and cheery (cwutididthar?).
    Yet again this man says what i will far better. Fact is cute and fluffy or dark and dreary doesn;t matter. Just look at my watched list on the link in my sig.

Well truth be told i mainly read/watch the darker stuff when i;m doing well lately well more like for about a year and a quater or more i;ve been having some problems identity issues nervous breakdown basically the stuff most people deal with as a teen and am having some real problems mentally. Though i;ve been getting better lately i keep havibg flashbacks so i;ve been watching series like you mentioned more than i would in the past. Hell the whole mess with the site we were talkinga bout a few oages back has been my big issue lately. Heh i just wanta free world where the iodea of fantasy as fantasy exists instead of all these crazy laws.

edit oh yeah and if you think those are dark ypou should see some of the hentai i've read you might wanna kill yourself after those. But again that was in the past and i need to rebuild myself mentally before i can go back.
    I try to be tough though. Just like how I can not eat spicy food and Ill try to order something mild and still sweat like a pig and my nose will run like crazy and everyone in the restaurant will be looking a me... I try to see if I can handle some darker or maybe less rainbows and unicorn anime but it usually doesn't end well. Im sorta into darker appearing stuff but thats just it I'm just in it for looks really and I guess some psychological things too. I was so excited when i first saw and heard about Elfen Lied. I saw the art of it and I was like I can handle this but then my head almost exploded a few times. Im just realy sensitive I cant differentiate fictional happenings from reality at times so keeping it light hearted is what I learned works the best. But I still cry during about every pixar movie and even the most random things. I think I was geneticist created to make sure tissue brands never go out of business but probably have killed a whole rain forest by myself > <Sorry to hear about some of the issues you are facing. I'm sure you considered it already but maybe if you avoided darker anime do you think it might help? I know its likely no where related but I have dealt with depression for a while now and I learned I need to avoid certain things one in particular country music, that stuff is just really depressing if you ask me. That stuff just ruins my day somehow not sure how people thing its wholesome and beautiful its all about sad things or cheating stealing drinking lying.... I might as well listen to gangster rap than country. Are you into skelanimals or like the brand Tokidoki? Thats about as dark as I get =D

Ok cya guys. Im gonna try to read some more of The Elegance of the Hedgehog so I can get back to manga for the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to be tough though. Just like how I can not eat spicy food and Ill try to order something mild and still sweat like a pig and my nose will run like crazy and everyone in the restaurant will be looking a me... I try to see if I can handle some darker or maybe less rainbows and unicorn anime but it usually doesn't end well. Im sorta into darker appearing stuff but thats just it I'm just in it for looks really and I guess some psychological things too. I was so excited when i first saw and heard about Elfen Lied. I saw the art of it and I was like I can handle this but then my head almost exploded a few times. Im just realy sensitive I cant differentiate fictional happenings from reality at times so keeping it light hearted is what I learned works the best. But I still cry during about every pixar movie and even the most random things. I think I was geneticist created to make sure tissue brands never go out of business but probably have killed a whole rain forest by myself > <Sorry to hear about some of the issues you are facing. I'm sure you considered it already but maybe if you avoided darker anime do you think it might help? I know its likely no where related but I have dealt with depression for a while now and I learned I need to avoid certain things one in particular country music, that stuff is just really depressing if you ask me. That stuff just ruins my day somehow not sure how people thing its wholesome and beautiful its all about sad things or cheating stealing drinking lying.... I might as well listen to gangster rap than country. Are you into skelanimals or like the brand Tokidoki? Thats about as dark as I get =D

Ok cya guys. Im gonna try to read some more of The Elegance of the Hedgehog so I can get back to manga for the weekend.
    MM not quite my issues stem from a medical test messing with my self perception. That combined with odd phsyiology/neurology means that even that test that messed me up could be wrong even slightly. Add in that every time i started to recover more shit hit me my mind just about gave u[. Truth be told i'm almost fully healed mentally or i was then some other stuff came up. As my therapist says i seem to be unusually resiliant fact is i've seen and experienced shit in my life that some people are traumatized by into their 30s and 40s if not for life and i'm mostloy pover that. Just lacked time alone to recover.

As for the depressing stuff getting to me yeah they did but after about 1-2 days at most i'm better. Just imagine having issues keep coming at you RIGHT as you're getting better that's what got me. Then again so,me shit happened in regards to one of my main hangouts in the past with someone saying it was illegal and that caused some more problems. I should be better mentaly by end of next month at the latest.

As for anime and manga(gotta keep my post somewha on topic not like this is well the site i was reffering to above) anyone else here really like Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari?

It was mentioned the other day and I will get back to you when I have time to watch it. Likely this weekend, I haz exams and some other stuff keeping me occupied. Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari seems cool from what I can tell in seeing first few minutes and I read a review of it so Im looking forward to it and Ill get back to ya once I have something useful to mention so I can put something helpful and on topic in one of my posts =D

10+ Year Old Account
    It was mentioned the other day and I will get back to you when I have time to watch it. Likely this weekend, I haz exams and some other stuff keeping me occupied. Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari seems cool from what I can tell in seeing first few minutes and I read a review of it so Im looking forward to it and Ill get back to ya once I have something useful to mention so I can put something helpful and on topic in one of my posts =D
    LOL ok just get ready for a very old school style series. It wasdone by the guy who did the tenchi muyo series as well as dual. It's alot of fun though most episodes are more comedy/plot oriented while the battle episodes a fairly few but so damn badass. It's sorta aced like the original tenchi ovas if you've ever seen em.

another awesome SD Gundam cutscene

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    As for anime and manga(gotta keep my post somewha on topic not like this is well the site i was reffering to above) anyone else here really like Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari?
    Ya, I really liked it as well. I liked all the characters and the high quality animation. My only complaint was how long a gap there was between each episodes release date. It'd be awesome if they made a series out of it, I'd watch it for sure.