Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliahna View Post
    You forgot Mind Vision. I've never used that one in a raid. Hell, I think I only used that a few times while leveling just to see what it did. LOL
    Holy Nova doesn't have enough love. I still think that should've been Discipline's AoE.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Zodisius View Post
    you can't honestly say that not having HF be hit capped when they want you to use it for extra healing isn't broken.
    Uh...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
    L2read patch notes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Uh...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
    L2read patch notes?
    Posting something from a day and a half ago, coming in on another page completely, and posting a half-trollish response...

Uh... learn to reply?

... I just read with amusement the enduring blizzard comments, reporting that shield spamming is not how they want us to play, apparently because it's mindless and takes no skill.

How ironic then, that their entire investment in expanding the scope of the spec has been to encourage us to simply spam a different spell that of all things chooses our heal target for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubali View Post
    ... I just read with amusement the enduring blizzard comments, reporting that shield spamming is not how they want us to play, apparently because it's mindless and takes no skill.

How ironic then, that their entire investment in expanding the scope of the spec has been to encourage us to simply spam a different spell that of all things chooses our heal target for us.
    On the contrary. Atonement works in some situations, and not in others.

They want you to use all your tools. Shields, Penance, Mending, Prayers, and direct target heals. Sometimes smiting (now with added Holy Fire! For your balanced breakfast) can fit into that.

They just don't want you to cast Shield, Shield, Shield, repeat ad nauseum.

Really there's only one encounter you can do that with Smite, and it's a gimmick.

I like the idea that they are playing around with atonement, but if you really want to make atonement useful increase the healing radius yet again (on some fights, like atramedes, if the tank stands on the outer edge of the hitbox he won't get hit by atonement, this in my opinion is a design flaw) and possibly let atonement heals stack Grace. I have been raiding in atonement spec from pretty much the start, and whilst it is a bit situational I do believe it's a useful tool in the box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    I thought they'd all be going OOM from doing that by now. Didn't they try to nerf shield spam with higher mana cost?
    click inner will and keep on spamming

ot: attonement is fun :> if they feel it´s lacking then it´s good that they buff it, otherwise it would be a completely useless talent. if it´s viable on a few encounters then i´m totally fine with that, as long as it isn´t op ( halfus hc, i´m looking at you!)
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2011-03-13 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    click inner will and keep on spamming

ot: attonement is fun :> if they feel it´s lacking then it´s good that they buff it, otherwise it would be a completely useless talent. if it´s viable on a few encounters then i´m totally fine with that, as long as it isn´t op ( halfus hc, i´m looking at you!)
    It really isn't OP on Halfus anymore. It's nice, but I wouldn't say it is overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealic View Post
    I think there is a "easy" way to solve this. Make PW:S 50% Absorb, 50% Healing. No more pre-shielding, it will have much less HPS if the target is already at full health. It fixes the "problem" about shields only having a 15 seconds duration (with raid-healing in mind), and doesn't fuck up tank-healing, since we always overheal tanks anyway. (Much like the current Glyph works, but instead replace that with something that boosts the Absorb or Healing part.) Now give a PoH/CoH-like absorb ability with a 10-15 second cooldown, and we're good to go.

Edit: As I read my suggestion again, I really liked the idea of a PoH/CoH-like absorb ability. It'll remove the problem of carpet-bombing the raid with shields too. Limit it too 3-6 targets, with the same amount of absorb as a CoH/PoH?
    Pre bubbling isnt the issue, as for Mana rofl lawl wtf 25m heroic raids usually have multiple tides at this point Moonkins are not spending there innervates on themselves. What it comes down to is knowing when to shield and when to smite. Personally i PoM/Bubble/penance and obviously raid bubble/pain suppress. Lets not forget Our lil fiend he is a good dude. Bubble spam is fully possible in Mastery/Spirit specs.