Thread: NFL Lockdown...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would not be spending 20 hours a week on my fantasy teams.

I'd probably spend the time masturbating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

I wouldn't care the slighest bit. It could actually be the thing i'd care about the least.

Deleted
    /shrug

at least i wouldnt have to spend 3 weeks watching the BBC try to hype up a single game at wembley...only to have it shown live at something stupid like half 2 in the morning to suit the yanks rather than the host country

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Do less flashback changing back and forth from the baseball games until November. Then wish there was more baseball to watch with no football around.

I like football. I LOVE baseball.

Side note. WHy do people who obviously have no interest in sports keep feeling the necessity to come into the Sports section of the forums and leave comments? That's like me going into the rogue forums and complaining about how I hate rogues. Which is true, I hate rogues, but I don't go to the rogue forums to make such a statement.
    How does someone who has been on the forums as long as you not realise these threads appear on the front page whenever someone posts.

OT: Not much. In fact if it stops them churning out another Madden game il be happy.

I'll probably just play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would definately celebrate and laugh at all the people i know who normally watch it

Hope that there will be more lacrosse on television because of it. I don't know why I LOOOOVE college football but never got into the NFL.

Deleted
    IF it would happen, it'd sadden me quite alot. I love watching the game. Huge Cowboys fan, despite our terrible year.

But when it comes down to it, chances are we won't miss out our '11 season. I mean, when you think about it, currently it's just alot of teethgritting back and forth, but the players and the league will both realize they need the money. I think the pre-season will be dull this year, however, unless they settle. Might even miss out a few of the first regular season games, but after that - I'd be suprised to see them not settle with something.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Australian here so I'm a little confused. But why wouldn't there be an '11 season? Isn't NFL your biggest sport?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusetheweak View Post
    Sorry Australian here so I'm a little confused. But why wouldn't there be an '11 season? Isn't NFL your biggest sport?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12720827

from what i gather it about splitting the revenue, but i dont know enough about it to be 100% sure

I'll prob save $100 by not doing a fantasy football team this year. Other than that, instead of watching football and being pissed or happy about my fantasy football team, i'll probably just play wow or xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    As a life long nfl fan I will stop watching the nfl. I'm serious. Even when it comes back I will never watch it again. I can enjoy college football and not miss it. The scope of the greed and the disregard for the fans and the low level people who support the game is so blatantly over the top I simply will give it up and not care anymore.
    The college game is just a greedy if not more greedy (think about it before raging on me)

On topic...I would be disappointed but, hey, at least I will get to say my Green Bay Packers were Super Bowl Champs for 2 years in a row!

I wouldn't be 2 bummed but it would ruin thanksgiving traditions.

And if you don't like NFL why bother coming in this post to tell everyone how glad you would be, I'm sure you would get all pissy if a sports fan laughed at you if wow got canceled.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I wouldn't be 2 bummed but it would ruin thanksgiving traditions.

And if you don't like NFL why bother coming in this post to tell everyone how glad you would be, I'm sure you would get all pissy if a sports fan laughed at you if wow got canceled.
    So true. But for some reason, alot of people tend to fail at realizing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Do less flashback changing back and forth from the baseball games until November. Then wish there was more baseball to watch with no football around.

I like football. I LOVE baseball.

Side note. WHy do people who obviously have no interest in sports keep feeling the necessity to come into the Sports section of the forums and leave comments? That's like me going into the rogue forums and complaining about how I hate rogues. Which is true, I hate rogues, but I don't go to the rogue forums to make such a statement.
    Baseball reminds me of Blizzard...too imbalanced.

Some teams can spend unmentionable millions to improve their teams while others can do nothing. I mean, honestly, what are the chances of seeing a small market world series (Royals vs Brewers).

Baseball is too flawed to peak my interest. Meanwhile the smallest market in all of sports (Green Bay, Wisconsin) just won the Super Bowl.

I will be kinda pissed but honestly I am not gonna complain all year. To much money to be gone forever, I will get to see my beloved Rams on the field again soon enough.

I'd laugh knowing that the idea of collective bargaining has failed for a THIRD time in little under 20 years, meanwhile soccer has been played routinely worldwide with little or no issue. The whole revenue sharing thing is great in theory, share out the revenue to benefit the smaller teams in order to build a fairer competition - but ultimately it's caused strikes in baseball, hockey & now football, fairer competition, but ultimately no competition for a year, is that worth it?

Look for example at the Premiership - for those unfamiliar that's the biggest, most succesfull soccer league in the world, it contains teams from all around England from big markets (London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool) to teams from not so big markets (Stoke, Blackpool, Wigan, Wolverhampton). Yes you hear the likes of Blackpool or Stoke complain that the Man Uniteds of the world have better finances than them - but ultimately they realise it's down to marketability & their position in football, Man United will always outearn them due to the fact they have a bigger, better club. As a result the smaller teams take their cut of the TV rights they're entitled to, play their season knowing their chances of winning the premiership are slim & understand hey, we're just happy to be here & play for maybe the FA/League Cup, doesn't stop them going out and shocking the big teams every once in a while & dreaming of one day winning the Premiership. That's just LIFE - the chances are there's always going to be someone with more money & better resources than you, you can't beat that system!

Classic example of how revenue sharing is screwed, look at Baseball. You have arguably the single most recognised sports brand in the world, you can visit any country in the world, show them the Yankees logo and they know exactly what it is - if you ask anyone anywhere in the world for the first thing that comes to mind when they think baseball, outside the US chances are they'll say "New York Yankees". However you have a 30 team league, not all of them are household names, do you think most people in non-traditional baseball nations will know say the Diamondbacks, Bluejays or Reds? They've all won world series, but they're barely drawing the numbers yet they want to be competitive with the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies & Mets despite the fact those 4 teams trump them in TV revenue, fanbase, stadium attendance & international appeal, so in order to achieve this, they use the Yankees money which they earn by virtue of being the biggest most recognisable brand in sports. Where's the fairness in that to the team who earns it? Not the Yankees fault - they're world famous, yet they're propping up teams like the Marlins, for years the Rangers because they happen to be in markets where they can't draw the way some others do.

People laugh at soccer for being this pansy ol game where people dive around & feign injury, only the same handfull of teams win the big leagues & the smaller clubs struggle to survive - but the reason it's the most popular sport worldwide is because of that simplicity! We've got our rules & that's all that's needed, when it comes to TV rights they're split evenly amongst the league, anything extra above that is earned (say European TV rights, cup games) by virtue of performance. No striking, no "oh no, this season might not go ahead" and no charade that my Glasgow Rangers are in any way shape or form equal to Man United or Barcelona - we just go out there, play the game & have done with it, hasn't stopped us earning draws against both of those teams in recent years!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

there will be a season because 1 side will give becuause wanting a better contract and waiting is making them lose more money than going with what was a fair deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the billions of dollars at stake, an agreement will be reached without question. It may take concessions, but at the end of the day, no one is going to give up that giant nut that is the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zztank View Post
    I'd be happy as well.

Major League sports are a waste of money. The US cancelled it's space program but all people care about is their sports. I know if there weren't any sports that money wouldn't go to the space program but still... It's ridiculous....
    I didn't know the government was paying for these sports team?

I'd be upset, simple as that. I'd move on in life.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.