is this even possible?

It is indeed possible.

This:
    /cast Freeze
    /cast Frostbolt
    /petpassive
    /petattack
    I think should do the trick.

Been trying to finetune a macro that will put my Arc Barrage, Fireblast and Ice Lance on 1 button, and use whichever is not on CD... found the following macro by googlnig but it doesn't really work, its based on an older wow version, but not sure what to change.

#showtooltip Arcane Barrage()
    /castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] reset=3 Arcane Barrage(), Fire Blast(), Arcane Barrage(), Ice Lance()

Deleted
    delete those "()"?

15+ Year Old Account
    The initial post is in serious need of an update. A number of the macros are either obsolete or unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrand View Post
    Been trying to finetune a macro that will put my Arc Barrage, Fireblast and Ice Lance on 1 button, and use whichever is not on CD... found the following macro by googlnig but it doesn't really work, its based on an older wow version, but not sure what to change.

#showtooltip Arcane Barrage()
    /castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] reset=3 Arcane Barrage(), Fire Blast(), Arcane Barrage(), Ice Lance()
    First, you need to think about why you want those three spells on one button. They are all from different schools and I can't think of any reason that you would want to use all three.

But whatever your reasoning, I can understand if that is what you want to do, then it is possible; since two of those spells have a cooldown - and if you are not a Fire mage, then those two have a fixed cooldown time, making it a predictable macro.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=3 Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Barrage, Ice Lance

That should take care of it. It's essentially ArBarr but with the other two instants active while it is on cooldown, with FB being given priority.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2011-01-31 at 05:42 AM.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    The initial post is in serious need of an update. A number of the macros are either obsolete or unnecessary.
    I absolutely agree, but you guys have got to help me :P

Quote Originally Posted by ololo View Post
    Hai guys.

I was wondering if you could help me update some of the front page macros for cataclysm, as I am no longer playing WoW.
    I would like feedback if you find any macro that isn't working, so I can update it on the front page, and I would really appreciate if any of you could look into especially the AoE rotation macros and update them for cata!
    Cheers !
    So if you could point out the obsolete macros, or suggest any updates I'll be more than glad to update the OP!

Quote Originally Posted by ololo View Post
    I absolutely agree, but you guys have got to help me :P

So if you could point out the obsolete macros, or suggest any updates I'll be more than glad to update the OP!
    On a first quick view:
    Flamestrike Macro <- No more Spellranks, maybe replace with /cast !Flamestrike
    Mana Gem <- Needs to be updated to cast "Conjure Mana Gem" and use "Mana Gem"
    AoE Rotaton <- Same as Flamestrike Macro, maybe something like /castsequence !Blast Wave, Dragons Breath, Flamestrike
    Intellects <- Both Spells are now one spell, Arcane Brilliance

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have not seen it while reading though and if I missed it I'm sorry, but I'm looking for a macro that will cast ice block and then click it off just after I cast it, almost to have it work like an extra trinket. If anybody has this I will be a really happy mage ^_^

*EDIT* Right now I have
    #showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancel aura Ice Block

which is makes me have to push the hotkey twice, but I was wondering if it can all be done at once
    Last edited by Starcrossedd; 2011-02-03 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    It can not.

This thread is awesome.

any specific ones that fire mages should have?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    This thread is awesome.

any specific ones that fire mages should have?
    Have a look through the thread. I don't think people are going to be supplying you with macros simply because you're too lazy to find them yourself

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    I might have not seen it while reading though and if I missed it I'm sorry, but I'm looking for a macro that will cast ice block and then click it off just after I cast it, almost to have it work like an extra trinket. If anybody has this I will be a really happy mage ^_^

*EDIT* Right now I have
    #showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancel aura Ice Block

which is makes me have to push the hotkey twice, but I was wondering if it can all be done at once
    As far as I know, you can't buff and debuff with one click of a button. Two is the minimum you can have; first click to buff and the second click to debuff.

It's not as if it's hard to press one button in quick succession though, is it?

I don't know if one like this has been posted yet, but here's my arcane blast macro that has an instant cast when presence of mind is up.

#showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast Arcane Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu View Post
    I don't know if one like this has been posted yet, but here's my arcane blast macro that has an instant cast when presence of mind is up.

#showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast Arcane Blast
    That's a horrible macro. You want to save PoM for when you have 4 stacks, not just wire it into your rotation.

Would it be wise to macro beserking with combustion? I think it would be good just wondering what the rest of you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaingean View Post
    Would it be wise to macro beserking with combustion? I think it would be good just wondering what the rest of you think.
    No, no it would not.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Is this to simple? Yes it assumes your LB is less than 13 seconds and your nuking a single target ... but this should keep up LB right?
    #showtooltip Fire ball()
    /castsequence reset=13 Living bomb, Fire ball()

Deleted
    Assuming you have to have (ew...) Living Bomb in a separate button to cast it when you have to change your primary target and put Living Bomb up again, imo it's a bad macro. And adding "target" to the reset statement would not make it any better, because there are situations in which casting Living Bomb is a waste of time, and when you get back to your main target u will probably smash your threeorlessseconds Living bomb with a new one.

Just keep an eye on living bomb, is not THAT hard. Try using PowerAuras adding a special sound when it goes off, it works very well for me.

Anyone know how to make a macro for when Cauterize happens IB goes off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javamohava View Post
    Anyone know how to make a macro for when Cauterize happens IB goes off?
    /use Left Eye
    /use Right Eye
    /cast Left Hand
    /cast Ice Block
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    /use Left Eye
    /use Right Eye
    /cast Left Hand
    /cast Ice Block
    Best macro ever.