Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Stop trying to defend the indefensible. There is a difference between making a profit and being outright greedy. Blizzard has become greedy.
    All you people blathering about "a company has to make a profit" need a lesson in morality.
    Blizzard is already making hundreds of millions if not billions in profit, when is enough enough?
    And don't give me that crap about "the law says they have to make a profit" that fucking law was passed to stop companies from deliberately having losses to get tax write offs not as a tacit go ahead to abandon all morality for profit.
    You actually need a lesson in morality. A drug company charging ungodly amounts for AIDS meds after there R&D has been paid for 20 times over is immorral. A game company who offers optional services and goods that are in no way required to play the game, or even to play it better than everyone else; a game mind you noone is forced to play. That isnt immoral its amoral. They are a business and a business has a duty to its share holders to profit. I cannot believe that people actually bitch about services that in no way effect game play. So you cant afford a guild transfer that doesnt mean you cant log in and play. The perks of guild rank offer items of convienience and not items that are required to be playable. I have an idea why dont't you stop qqing about something as irrelevant as this and actually focus your energies on something that matters. If you disagree with Blizzard's business model then show them by taking your 15 bucks a month a way. I am sure they will miss it.

Yes I am sure blizzard is designing this just to make money, and that no one has asked for a service that would make it so someone wouldn't have to re-grind all their guild rep, or so a guild didn't have to waste 15+ k gold to re-buy guild tabs. I'm sure blizzard is just out to ruin the lives of its player base while they slip them poisoned apples and try to cook your kids.

If these services don't concern you than, LOLYUMAD. As for all the guild leader xfer nonsense, they can already do all the things you are crying about. The can take your perks away and reset your guild rep ( lol kick and ignore ). They can take all the mats and gold from your bank and transfer with it ( lol get gold capped, keep valued items on my 10 26 slot bags, if there's left over gold buy stuff you can AH on new server ).

Attention trolls above post is tldr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

[...] I’m going to point out a lot of design flaws in our game. “Oh no! Goatcaller admitted WoW was deeply flawed! It’s shark-jumping time!” Look, Blizzard is very critical about our own designs. [...]
    brb, making character named Goatcaller...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    So a GM can up-and-run to another server, change the guild name, his name, he race and faction?

I guess this means that if your GM wants to move, he will move and take the guild bank with him. Maybe you are not making good enough progress and he wants to try another realm. While giving a GM this power, the small guys like us ..... lose all our guild perks.

VERY bad idea IMO.
    If you have a GM like that, I feel sorry for you. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    This is the generation of free to play mmorpgs, not pay pay pay pay to play.
    Even those "free-to-play" MMOs will probably end up costing you money, especially if you want all the things that WoW includes as part of the subscription. Want an extra bag slot beyond the 2 free ones? $5 per month. More than one character slot? No problem, only $15. How about that new raid we just developed that drops all the new BiS gear? We'll unlock it for only $3 per month more. Or you can just give us $50 and we'll mail all that gear to you without you needing to actually complete the content.

Free-to-Play MMOs are still run by companies that are looking to make a profit. The only difference is that instead of charging you up front, through a subscription, they charge a little bit for all the extra features. They are almost like a drug dealer, in that the first taste is free but if you want more it'll be $$. They are basically counting on a certain % of their playerbase being willing to fork over the cash for all the extras so that they turn a profit.

Seriously, when did it become evil for a company to want to make money? Blizzard is providing a service that, in most circumstances, was not available before, and is not necessary to play the game. If you don't want to pay for the service, you can choose to not use it. You people act like Blizzard just announced that it will now cost $25 to be able to equip anything better than greens. THAT would be evil, cause they are impacting game play, and charging for something we used to get automatically.

I am thrilled to be able to purchase a guild name change. I bought a guild for 350g (4 tabs) from someone in trade chat who was leaving the server. The guild was a steal at that price and unfortunately it never occured to me ask what the name of the guild was. I will be first in line to use this service.

10+ Year Old Account
    April fool's

Paid guild name change and server transfer. bwahahahahahahahahahaha So now the real reason for guild perk implementation comes out.
    +1

oh look something else thats done automatically and costs them less than a 1/1000 of a penny to do that they will inevitably charge out the nose for >>.

also lulz@ dev blogs ,I look forward to seeing them completely have no fucking clue how the current pvp state is.

As if guild stagnation has not gotten bad enough already. Guild reputation grinding just to have access to guild perks, ontop of having to build guild XP through dozens of members doing stuff in game to unlock the perks. No one will ever want to leave or move from a guild again. Guild is dying? "Well, i can't leave now I just got to exalted." Strong guild with l25 perks? "Why should we let these new members in just to freeload off our benefits?" Sadly the implementation of a revenue generator for Blizzard means they're happy with the design.

If you don't like the way they run their business, then do what you'd do if you decided you hated the local deli - stop paying for the product and go find something you do like. If you are a shareholder and don't like their profit model, sell your shares and buy something else. Paying to play their game doesn't give you a right to a fair or balanced or perfect or morale game - it lets you play the game they are producing.

Guild transfers are a great thing - if a group of people want to transfer with the GL, they don't have to throw away four months of leveling and 25 levels worth of perks. The downside? It makes guilds a commodity - now someone can sell their level X guild, and the buyer can take it wherever they want and change the name to something they like.

The new dev blogs could get really interesting, with some more focus on specific issues, which could make room for more focused discussions. I don't think big parts of the community can handle such information (already been proven here a few times), but personally I look forward to getting a few more glimpses of what's going on at their design meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Even those "free-to-play" MMOs will probably end up costing you money, especially if you want all the things that WoW includes as part of the subscription. Want an extra bag slot beyond the 2 free ones? $5 per month. More than one character slot? No problem, only $15. How about that new raid we just developed that drops all the new BiS gear? We'll unlock it for only $3 per month more. Or you can just give us $50 and we'll mail all that gear to you without you needing to actually complete the content.

Free-to-Play MMOs are still run by companies that are looking to make a profit. The only difference is that instead of charging you up front, through a subscription, they charge a little bit for all the extra features. They are almost like a drug dealer, in that the first taste is free but if you want more it'll be $$. They are basically counting on a certain % of their playerbase being willing to fork over the cash for all the extras so that they turn a profit.

Seriously, when did it become evil for a company to want to make money? Blizzard is providing a service that, in most circumstances, was not available before, and is not necessary to play the game. If you don't want to pay for the service, you can choose to not use it. You people act like Blizzard just announced that it will now cost $25 to be able to equip anything better than greens. THAT would be evil, cause they are impacting game play, and charging for something we used to get automatically.
    the problem is that there is more than 1 way to make profit. 2 example I can thing of, either by trying your best, making it more attractive for customers, but not charging them more, or, trying to take the easy way out, and offering things that doesn't cost you much.
    In the last couple of months, I'm seeing more and more changes and announcements that requires less than before.
    now, if new items looked like vanilla's ones (way better looking), if models weren't reuse every Tier, if mobs models were actually created more than recolored, THEN I woudn't have this feeling.
    But when old successful raids are removed just so that they can put them back in and call it new content, when they make announcements such as this week, saying they want to tune down instant spell dmg and the day after you see them buffing it (so that they can say "yes, that direction wasn't the best, so we'll remove the buffs; what changed in the end? yeah nothing), those are sneaky ways to keep players in, while doing the least amount of work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Stop trying to defend the indefensible. There is a difference between making a profit and being outright greedy. Blizzard has become greedy.
    All you people blathering about "a company has to make a profit" need a lesson in morality.
    Blizzard is already making hundreds of millions if not billions in profit, when is enough enough?
    And don't give me that crap about "the law says they have to make a profit" that fucking law was passed to stop companies from deliberately having losses to get tax write offs not as a tacit go ahead to abandon all morality for profit.
    First, Revenue != Profit. Second, Morality (as has been suggested in a few other posts) is absolutely subjective, especially in the business world. The value of a company is very rarely described as "is it making money?" Rather, it is "Are they making as much money as they could be?" It just boggles me that you think Blizzard's efforts to increase revenues is somehow "evil." I mean, who loses out in this deal?

Mark me down as one of the few who like the guild relocation service.
    I have a bank alt guild on a server which I started for myself and my son when he first started playing.
    The server is neither in our time zone nor in our part of the country, so our latency can be vicious.
    So recently we rerolled on a server that better fits our needs and I would love to bring that guild over so that we have the supplies and mats and whatall we collected on the server that we no longer game on.

I understand the fear that a GM would rip a functioning guild out from under it's members, and yeah, that would stink. But a GM who would do that would eventually screw everyone over anyway - one way or another.

Someone has already stated if the guild transfer system was free, it would be abused to no end, I can't believe people are frickin' complaining about this.

Remind me again why we are complaining that its a paid service? If you dont want it, dont get it.

It merely opens possibilities for those that are in a situation where this kind of thing would be great. The fee, yes, makes Blizzard some money but imagine there was no cost for this. Guilds would be transferring servers all the time and no body wants that.

And at the end of the day, more money to Blizzard = better games in the future.

It amazes me how many people are "Shocked" and "Disgusted" that a business is actually trying to make money and the last time I checked that is what a business did, make money. If blizzard didn't try to make money then you could kiss this game good bye, because I am pretty sure that they crew who works at blizzard aren't running all these kind of games and services for free out of the kindness of their own hearts. Such a perfect world does not exist.

uhm, if you don't like it, don't use it?
    i'm pretty sure if your gm just takes off with your guild and bank you can report him and have stuff reimbursed, its been done before, there are even topics about it.

i'm just wondering, if you can faction change a guild as well.

I was really hoping that when they decided to to do this that the GM could just pay like a solid 100-200 bucks to just pull all the members over. Instead they all have to pay if they want to come.... Yea I'm a bit disappointed