Thread: I miss...

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I miss...

Okay so there are numerous posts about "I miss vanilla this" and "TBC that". Now, I'm all for nostalgia, but come on, give it up already. I can tell you right now I miss playing my old Nintendo games, and I bet when I'm 50 I'll miss being able to look at young girls (without it being considered creepy), but I'm not about to make a QQ thread about how much I miss something (or will I?).

So as to completely contradict everything I just said, and to create a thread that's been done before (yea I know against the rules), post 1 thing you miss about a certain video game.

Note: Not sure if this belongs in General Discussion or General Off-Topic as I'm not specifically talking about WoW, but would like to see the responses of the Warcraft community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good games such as Earthbound and Ocarina of Time.

Also I foresee a huge wave of WoW before it catered to casuals, gear being hard to get, etc...

Deleted
    Proper 2d sonic games (I dont consider sonic 4 good)

Deleted
    The old school donkey kong.

nuff said!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    might and magic role playing games..love em all.
    wizardry games...especially wizardry 8.
    first 7 final fantasy games.

ten characters
    Last edited by DariusMDeV; 2011-03-24 at 04:31 PM. Reason: misunderstood the "Not sure if this belongs" part

Deleted
    Super Nintendo is still my most favoured video-game machine ever. Metroid, Super Mario, Donkey Kong... I feel sad for the children who grow up without those awesome, classic games

I miss the world map system in Final Fantasy. It last appeared on IX, and while XII was awesome without it, I seriously missed it in X and XIII.

Wing Commander and space-flight sims that aren't EVE.

Probably goes in off-topic->video games.

I miss the days when games had "the sexy chick". Keep with me here.

Back in the good old days there was usually only one member of the female cast wearing revealing clothing. Maybe two if the cast was pretty large. Nowadays every female character is wearing something revealing and is rocking at least a D cup.

I like to use the Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur series as an example. Back towards the beginning the sexy chicks were Ivy and Taki and they were counterbalanced by characters like Cassandra and Sophitia who were actually wearing outfits with armor and there were characters who fell in between like Seong Mina who showed some skin. That was great! But by the time we're on Xbox 360 and PS3 Ivy is damn near wearing nothing and Sophitia is wearing an almost transparent tutu and every female character in the series has had a boob job or two (EVEN TALIM! THE JAILBAIT!).

Don't get me started on stuff like Dead or Alive, Bayonetta, and all of the awful action games to toss out a woman wearing barely enough leather to make a wallet out of.

Sexy is fine, but too much sexy is just killing the mood.

I miss you Jessica. I... i thought you were the one. I... loved you!

It's not so much the games themselves that I miss... since in most cases I can bust them out of the closet or d/l an emulator, or find a copy of it on live/ps network... but its the feeling of when the games were new that I miss. I'll use our beloved World of Warcraft as an example... remember the first time you set off into Azeroth to start exploring and learning the game? THAT was an awesome experience.

Thank you Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlevicar View Post
    The old school donkey kong.

nuff said!
    http://www.brothersoft.com/games/don...-download.html

great memories

Deleted
    Playing Prince of Persia - Sands of time on ps2 for the first time.
    Crash Bandicoot 1 on Ps1
    Playing Sonic 2 on the Sega

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss games taking longer than 3-4 hours. It seems like as graphics get better and better in games, content gets shorter and shorter.

^ ^ v v < > < > (B) (A) (Start)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wish they would make another warcraft rts game. i still have RoC and TFT installed on my comp and still play them from time to time

I miss when Final Fantasy was more than just Pretty Graphics > Storyline. :|

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i wish they would make another warcraft rts game. i still have RoC and TFT installed on my comp and still play them from time to time
    Definitely. I personally liked Warcraft 2 the best =) The story in 3 was good, but I loved the little spritey character models more in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I miss games taking longer than 3-4 hours. It seems like as graphics get better and better in games, content gets shorter and shorter.
    Not just that. Games that are actually longer usually are because they padded out gameplay by making you repeat stupid shit.