Deleted

Strange freeze/lag in-game - anyone experienced anything similar?

Hey guys,

I have had this lag/freeze where everything and everyone around me stops running/doing anything and my casts are stuck and not working. ive had this problem for well over a year now. I bought a new PC a few months ago and im having the same problem as I had on my previous PC and my macbook has the same problem. I play a hunter most of the time but now im playing a shaman healer and i can barely heal a group trough a dungeon because my game sometimes freezes up for 10 seconds(somtimes I DC after that other times i can continue playing) so i am not a reliable healer. after i DC from WoW i can logg straight back in and i have no lag at all and can play fine. its like i lose my internet for 1 second and then it kicks me out of the game.

This problem is really making me go nuts atm so I hope anyone here knows anything about how to solve this or maybe you experienced the same problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by mmocc0cd18ad5c; 2011-03-27 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like it's your internet. On your desktop do the following, press windows+r, type cmd, and then type "ping -n 120 google.com". You'll probably get the same thing I get, low consistent numbers and then random spikes of 900+ms ping. Check that and see what happens, it's not your computer it's your internet for sure from the sounds of things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    It sounds like it's your internet. On your desktop do the following, press windows+r, type cmd, and then type "ping -n 120 google.com". You'll probably get the same thing I get, low consistent numbers and then random spikes of 900+ms ping. Check that and see what happens, it's not your computer it's your internet for sure from the sounds of things.
    Thanks il try it out!

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 05:50 PM ----------

done that test 3 times now, had an average ms of about 40 all the time. but the random in-game freeze happens maybs 2 times in 30 minutes, il run it a few more times and see what happens..

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 06:07 PM ----------

i saw it shot up to 1148 MS at some point but i didnt dc from wow nor any lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea then, could be an addon, I'm not entirely sure.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/addon-profiler/

Run this for like 600 seconds.

It'll be pretty obvious if you have a misbehaving addon.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you ENABLE CPU PROFILING, then RELOADUI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/addon-profiler/

Run this for like 600 seconds.

It'll be pretty obvious if you have a misbehaving addon.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you ENABLE CPU PROFILING, then RELOADUI.
    Hm, does that run in the background? Like 50% sure that you couldn't find all the glitches with an addon if it doesn't go through every function...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of modem do you have? Maybe check if other people are having the same issue with WoW and that modem. If it's a speedstream 4100, I had that and I ended up just getting a new modem. Or, it may be an issue with the security settings on the modem. The troubleshooting on battle.net has information about it.