Thread: New Build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking clocked or stock? ._. English IS my fourth-language, I do get confused sometimes.
    I'm talking both OC'd

Sig meaning signature. (I have both systems)

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    I'm talking both OC'd

Sig meaning signature. (I have both systems)
    Oh, then I wasn't confused. I was talking both stock, though. Since
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    He wants everything at stock speeds with no overclocks.

Oh, then I wasn't confused. I was talking both stock, though. Since
    I don't see why anyone would not overclock though, at least set it to some conservative clocks :|

I was meaning a 5.2 990x beats a 2600K @ 5.1 in most gaming, including WoW, and obviously rendering.

I don't see why anyone would not overclock though, at least set it to some conservative clocks :|

I was meaning a 5.2 990x beats a 2600K @ 5.1 in most gaming, including WoW, and obviously rendering.
    Obviously, I share your viewpoint.
    Some people just have reservations about messing with electronics and tinkering with your computer and just want the MAX you can buy on stock. I know several people like that. They don't care if there's neither no virtual or actual risk, and it's only positive gains. They don't want any part of it.
    And then there's those who have warranty as a sacred covenant.

And for those reasons, I tried to answer about stock ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking clocked or stock? ._. English IS my fourth-language, I do get confused sometimes.
    Stock, the 990x will inch ahead. Overclocked, the i7 2600k is capable of a little more. I also hear the 990 gets a little hotter than the 2600k, so that modifies it's ability to reach high clock speeds.

Also, jeebers, four languages? Impressive, I can barely grasp one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Stock, the 990x will inch ahead. Overclocked, the i7 2600k is capable of a little more. I also hear the 990 gets a little hotter than the 2600k, so that modifies it's ability to reach high clock speeds.
    Really? I'd believe it's the other way around. Of course, the only times I've touched an 990x-rig, it was stock, and the same goes for the sandy bridges. The turbo 2.0 on the i7-2600K alone is worth golden compared to the old x58-generation.
    Also, jeebers, four languages? Impressive, I can barely grasp one.
    I'm looking to pick up Esperanto as well

Obviously, I share your viewpoint.
    Some people just have reservations about messing with electronics and tinkering with your computer and just want the MAX you can buy on stock. I know several people like that. They don't care if there's neither no virtual or actual risk, and it's only positive gains. They don't want any part of it.
    And then there's those who have warranty as a sacred covenant.

And for those reasons, I tried to answer about stock ^^.
    I know, I fully get you but it just feels like a waste not to use what you're getting I guess. Its like getting not putting premium in your Ferrari, or never using 6th gear.

Really? I'd believe it's the other way around. Of course, the only times I've touched an 990x-rig, it was stock, and the same goes for the sandy bridges. The turbo 2.0 on the i7-2600K alone is worth golden compared to the old x58-generation.
    I could clock both at 5.0 and run some tests when I have some spare time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. I heard this from someone who attempted to build me a budget build and proceeded to recommend a two core AMD processor, so I'm not sure how credible I am. (Not trying to shift the blame, I was lead to believe this as well. I've seen some beautiful overclocking from both processors.)

Hm. I heard this from someone who attempted to build me a budget build and proceeded to recommend a two core AMD processor, so I'm not sure how credible I am. (Not trying to shift the blame, I was lead to believe this as well. I've seen some beautiful overclocking from both processors.)
    Oh god yes I love these chips <3

As much as I love turbo mode I actually have it disabled (I know turbo mode is a great way to push the power envelope at no risk and high efficiency).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god yes I love these chips <3

As much as I love turbo mode I actually have it disabled (I know turbo mode is a great way to push the power envelope at no risk and high efficiency).
    My turbo was messed up for awhile until I messed with it. I had it enabled, but I was running at 24/7 2.9 ghz. I turned it off for awhile, got annoyed with my computer running so hot when I was compressing my videos in the middle of the night, and turned it back on. Seems to have fixed the issue.

My turbo was messed up for awhile until I messed with it. I had it enabled, but I was running at 24/7 2.9 ghz. I turned it off for awhile, got annoyed with my computer running so hot when I was compressing my videos in the middle of the night, and turned it back on. Seems to have fixed the issue.
    I was under the impression most other OCer's either go OC via the turbo boost method or just turn it off and leave it 24/7