10+ Year Old Account

Need some help understanding Push/Pull Configuration with H50

So, my ram came in today. Installed it, tried putting the Silver Arrow back on, and no luck the fans sit on the ram, which then puts the fans out of my case, so now I can not close my side door. So instead of sitting here wishing I had the money to get my HAF X right this second, I am unfortunately going to have to return my Silver Arrow, and purchase a H50 from my local best buy. I really just want my rig up and running, so this is what I am doing.

Also, recommend 2 fans that would be good to use for the Push/Pull if you know some as I will be purchasing those as well.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-03-30 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Retarded post

15+ Year Old Account
    H70 is far superior to the H50, if it's available I'd recommend it instead.

You want to pull air from inside the case into the radiator, then pull air from inside the radiator to outside the case

<--air--- [fan][case][radiator][fan] <--air---
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. I had already watched the video right after I posted this, so I have an understanding of what I need to do know

Now to find 2 quiet fans, but powerful, and the right screws to hold the fans on..

Look into the AP-15. Some of the best mid-range fans out there but they can be hard to get a hold of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephasaurus View Post
    Look into the AP-15. Some of the best mid-range fans out there but they can be hard to get a hold of.
    Yeah they are

Newegg is out of stock.

What you need to optimise an H50, is four fans.
    Two that you'll use, and two that you'll break and only keep the brackets. You put them like, <-Fan<-bracket<-Radiator<-bracket<-Fan<-

Quote Originally Posted by Zephasaurus View Post
    <3
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have the H50 in push/pull? I am trying to figure out the wiring.

I have the back fan (Corsair one) plugged into the CPU Fan pulling in air. Then the Radiator, and then the second fan, which is plugged into the PSU I believe its called the Molex, and then I have one 3 pin that's coming from the H50 unit, which I believe is the pump. I have 2 3 pin connections on my mobo. One is called the 3 pin CHA_FAN2 and the other is called the 3 pin PWR_FAN1. Which one does the units 3 pin plug into? I put it in the PWR one, but have not tried hooking it up yet till I get a solid answer.

I watched the installation video since the instructions on paper were retarded. He only says Header, but I don't know which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Anyone have the H50 in push/pull? I am trying to figure out the wiring.

I have the back fan (Corsair one) plugged into the CPU Fan pulling in air. Then the Radiator, and then the second fan, which is plugged into the PSU I believe its called the Molex, and then I have one 3 pin that's coming from the H50 unit, which I believe is the pump. I have 2 3 pin connections on my mobo. One is called the 3 pin CHA_FAN2 and the other is called the 3 pin PWR_FAN1. Which one does the units 3 pin plug into? I put it in the PWR one, but have not tried hooking it up yet till I get a solid answer.

I watched the installation video since the instructions on paper were retarded. He only says Header, but I don't know which one.
    I was under the impression that the pump plugged into the CPU fan header on the MOBO. I could be wrong, as I do now own the product.

-Varr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varrusk View Post
    I was under the impression that the pump plugged into the CPU fan header on the MOBO. I could be wrong, as I do now own the product.

-Varr
    According to their manual, "Connect Fan power connector to CPU_FAN header on motherboard. Connect pump power connector to any available 3 pin fan header on motherboard"

That's it :/

What is the difference between 3 pin CHA_FAN2 and 3 pin PWR_FAN1?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    H70 is far superior to the H50, if it's available I'd recommend it instead.

You want to pull air from inside the case into the radiator, then pull air from inside the radiator to outside the case

<--air--- [fan][case][radiator][fan] <--air---
    <fan<radiator<shroud<fan

works much better if you have the space to fit a shroud.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    <fan<radiator<shroud<fan

works much better if you have the space to fit a shroud.
    No clue what a shroud is

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 12:16 AM ----------

I got it up and running. Just in the process of installiing all my stuff again.

I idle around 28-30C, which from what I have read, is ideal for my CPU. I have yet to test it in gaming though to see what I get under full load.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically it just something to provide a space between the fan and what it is cooling. Car radiators have shrouds. Every fan ever invented has an airflow dead spot at the center where each blade attaches to the hub. A shroud provides a gap in which that dead spot can be eliminated. So without a shroud the center of your radiator will be hotter than the edges being cooled by the fan. An easy to make shroud involves cutting the fan assembly out of an extra fan so you just have the square piece the fan sits in. That piece is now your shroud.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    Basically it just something to provide a space between the fan and what it is cooling. Car radiators have shrouds. Every fan ever invented has an airflow dead spot at the center where each blade attaches to the hub. A shroud provides a gap in which that dead spot can be eliminated. So without a shroud the center of your radiator will be hotter than the edges being cooled by the fan. An easy to make shroud involves cutting the fan assembly out of an extra fan so you just have the square piece the fan sits in. That piece is now your shroud.
    Ahh, exactly what Tetrisgoat recommended a few posts up. Should use 2 Shrouds, or just one?

EDIT: Nvm, http://www.clunk.org.uk/martins-liqu...d-testing.html explains it all.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-03-30 at 08:38 AM.