Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Pretty much this yeah, pokemon went from looking animal like to horror movie like.
    What animal, pray tell, is Jiggllypuff?
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    My in-game team in english black:
    Serperior - Natrix (Evil snake with evil boost move called Coil, even whooped cynthia's team's arse after 6 coils [spiritomb just double teamed hehe])
    Zoroark - Golbez (All this guy has done until i got shadow ball TM was dark pulse lol it just learns freaking physical moves, and yes it was bred in japanese white)
    Braviary - Garuda
    Mienshao - Chun Li
    Gigalith - Rhok'zun (God this guy is SLOW, well it's equipped with rocky helmet so audino double-slap themselves to death >)
    Simipour - FailFish (HM slave, nothing else)

My competitive team in eng black (UU team):
    Mienshao - Jetto Haki (Lead of the team, main idea is to stop opponent's leads doing their plans with fake out, taunt and powerful moves)
    Basculin - MadTuna (Life orb sweeper that does ridiculously high dmg with waterfall and aqua jet, thx to it's ability)
    Braviary - Starfighta (Life orb [which doesn't hurt Sheer force pokemon lol] sweeper that does good amount of dmg)
    Vanilluxe - Aino (Choice specs sweeper that does insane dmg)
    Lilligant - Mashiro (Sunny day setupper for my main star of the team)
    Typhlosion - Nemesis (Choice scarf sweeper that's supposed to spam eruption to destroy EVERYTHING, does ridiculous dmg even to those that resist it when it's sunny)

Competitive team in japanese white (OU team)
    Hippowdon - SandCoffin (Setups rocks and sandstorm for others to benefit, also walling physicals.)
    Magnezone - Bzzzt (Anti-ground, Balloon as item, magnet rise and physical wall built up)
    Tyrannitar - Try it (Bulky bastard that hits hard)
    Heatran - Maggie (Revenge killer and fire eater)
    Garchomp - Chompy (Dragon tail and choice band is evil combination with bulky EV's especially with stealth rocks on)
    Excadrill - Xbarty (Sandstorm sweeper)

10+ Year Old Account
    Current team : Serperior/Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Scrafty/Reuniclus, Archeops, Excadrill, and Chandelure/Darmanitan. (x pokemon/y pokemon means pokemon that I occasionally switch each other with)

So far it's worked quite well for me.
    I'm only somewhat human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    My in-game team in english black:
    Serperior - Natrix (Evil snake with evil boost move called Coil, even whooped cynthia's team's arse after 6 coils [spiritomb just double teamed hehe])
    Zoroark - Golbez (All this guy has done until i got shadow ball TM was dark pulse lol it just learns freaking physical moves, and yes it was bred in japanese white)
    Braviary - Garuda
    Mienshao - Chun Li
    Gigalith - Rhok'zun (God this guy is SLOW, well it's equipped with rocky helmet so audino double-slap themselves to death >)
    Simipour - FailFish (HM slave, nothing else)

My competitive team in eng black (UU team):
    Mienshao - Jetto Haki (Lead of the team, main idea is to stop opponent's leads doing their plans with fake out, taunt and powerful moves)
    Basculin - MadTuna (Life orb sweeper that does ridiculously high dmg with waterfall and aqua jet, thx to it's ability)
    Braviary - Starfighta (Life orb [which doesn't hurt Sheer force pokemon lol] sweeper that does good amount of dmg)
    Vanilluxe - Aino (Choice specs sweeper that does insane dmg)
    Lilligant - Mashiro (Sunny day setupper for my main star of the team)
    Typhlosion - Nemesis (Choice scarf sweeper that's supposed to spam eruption to destroy EVERYTHING, does ridiculous dmg even to those that resist it when it's sunny)

Competitive team in japanese white (OU team)
    Hippowdon - SandCoffin (Setups rocks and sandstorm for others to benefit, also walling physicals.)
    Magnezone - Bzzzt (Anti-ground, Balloon as item, magnet rise and physical wall built up)
    Tyrannitar - Try it (Bulky bastard that hits hard)
    Heatran - Maggie (Revenge killer and fire eater)
    Garchomp - Chompy (Dragon tail and choice band is evil combination with bulky EV's especially with stealth rocks on)
    Excadrill - Xbarty (Sandstorm sweeper)
    Wait, Garchomp and Heatran were moved back to OU? God damn it.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    What animal, pray tell, is Jiggllypuff?
    Or voltorb, or electibuzz, or mr. mime and jinx, or clefairy... The list of "horror movie" creatures goes on.

Also, my team is:

Zoroark / Inari
    Hydregion / Chimaera
    Ferrothorn / IronMaiden
    Apollo / Valcarona
    Glitch / Porygon Z
    Charlie / Keldeo (Hes a legendary and not legit so I can't use it like ever, in which case hes replaced by Jellicent... I have it based on how CUTE it is amigad)

And my threes team is:

Siren Song / Alomomola with healer ability (30% chance every turn to abolish all status issues)
    Monzoku / Cradily with Stormdrain ability (Not yet captured, need to wait for Dreamworld to get stormdrain :C)
    U MAD? / Rhyperior with lightning rod ability
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2011-04-01 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn... am i the only one who still remembers venusaur, blastoise and charizard? :/

Deleted
    Wait, Garchomp and Heatran were moved back to OU? God damn it.
    Atleast they were OU when i made that team at autumn lol

Edit: Still are, confirmed thru Pokemon online
    Last edited by mmocc9de2ce60c; 2011-04-01 at 08:56 PM.

I've beaten the main storyline, and my team is:

From left to right: Victini (Fire/Psychic), Serperior (Grass), Lapras (Ice/Water), Bisharp (Dark/Steel), Excadrill (Ground/Steel) and Sawk (Fighting). All are level 60+.

It isn't the best team defensively, but I've got every enemy-vulnerability covered with that team, so I have at least one Pokemon that is super effective against every type. Since Victini is a legendary, I'll usually put Volcarona (Bug/Fire) in while on the Battle Subway (I've never played in a competition).

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    damn... am i the only one who still remembers venusaur, blastoise and charizard? :/
    Not at all, I haven't played since they turned the Dreamworld back on, but once I get in there I plan on getting myself at least a Bulbasaur to swap out Serperior.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-01 at 09:16 PM.

In-game I'm still working on it, but I have:

Emboar lvl 70
    Reshiram lvl 68
    Golduck lvl 69
    Krookadile lvl 70
    Simisage lvl 70
    Archeops lvl 70.

Will be eventually changing it to:

Emboar
    Archeops
    Excadrill
    Jellicent
    Hydreigon
    Simisage

Not really into EV training/competitive battling.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atleast they were OU when i made that team at autumn lol

Edit: Still are, confirmed thru Pokemon online
    Ugh, and here I was enjoying the notion that those two would be in Ubers, where they damn belong. Oh well, guess I have to catch an Excadrill and Ferrothorn now.

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 09:17 PM ----------

Still seeking a Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken, pst.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Playing Black I've beaten e4 and N and Ghetsis with Sawk,Emboar,Unfezant,Simisage,Darmanitan and Haxorus all were lvl 50.
    Now im raising Dragonite,Tyranitar,planing to get Metagross.
    Atm got lvl 64 Hydreigon,lvl 65 Archeops,64 Chandelure,58 Haxorus,59 Sawk,55 Dragonite,58 Tyranitar.Still deciding what to use in my team to beat e4 for 2nd time and Cynthia.Im playing it on pc tho since I dont have DS so no fancy trading or anything:<,but boy does speed up get in handy when playing on pc,playing on like 400% speed when lvling something from scratch takes boredom of lvling away.

dragon moves aren't just sp. attack it is also attack

Deleted
    Ugh, and here I was enjoying the notion that those two would be in Ubers, where they damn belong. Oh well, guess I have to catch an Excadrill and Ferrothorn now.

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 09:17 PM ----------

Still seeking a Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken, pst.
    Blaziken is uber now unfortunately. I've been tracking smogon site recently.

I planned also having speed boost chicken in my non-sandstorm OU team, but oh well...

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas1989 View Post
    dragon moves aren't just sp. attack it is also attack
    I bet he just moved from 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen to 5th gen lol

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    Playing Black I've beaten e4 and N and Ghetsis with Sawk,Emboar,Unfezant,Simisage,Darmanitan and Haxorus all were lvl 50.
    Now im raising Dragonite,Tyranitar,planing to get Metagross.
    Atm got lvl 64 Hydreigon,lvl 65 Archeops,64 Chandelure,58 Haxorus,59 Sawk,55 Dragonite,58 Tyranitar.Still deciding what to use in my team to beat e4 for 2nd time and Cynthia.Im playing it on pc tho since I dont have DS so no fancy trading or anything:<,but boy does speed up get in handy when playing on pc,playing on like 400% speed when lvling something from scratch takes boredom of lvling away.
    Entralink exp bonus says hi. I get ridiculous exp with it. Tho it does need 2nd DS/game xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Blaziken is uber now unfortunately. I've been tracking smogon site recently.

I planned also having speed boost chicken in my non-sandstorm OU team, but oh well...

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 09:31 PM ----------

I bet he just moved from 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen to 5th gen lol

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 09:32 PM ----------

Entralink exp bonus says hi. I get ridiculous exp with it. Tho it does need 2nd DS/game xD
    Blaziken is Ubers but god damn Garchomp is OU?!?!?! Did they not compare stats, movepools, and typing? God damn it. Screw it, back to making a pure Gen 5 OU team. Thank god Volcarona is still beast for that. Only qualm I have is whether or not to bother with any Bug STAB moves or run with Quiver Dance+2 Fire+Wild Charge (Wild Charge is there for coverage).
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Blaziken is Ubers but god damn Garchomp is OU?!?!?! Did they not compare stats, movepools, and typing? God damn it. Screw it, back to making a pure Gen 5 OU team. Thank god Volcarona is still beast for that. Only qualm I have is whether or not to bother with any Bug STAB moves or run with Quiver Dance+2 Fire+Wild Charge (Wild Charge is there for coverage).
    Wild charge is a physical move, it doesn't work well with Volcarona.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Wild charge is a physical move, it doesn't work well with Volcarona.
    It doesn't gain full benefit from its super high SA, but it does give it the lacking coverage it needs against bulky waters and flying types.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    It doesn't gain full benefit from its super high SA, but it does give it the lacking coverage it needs against bulky waters and flying types.
    Hidden power?

Deleted
    wow people still doing this pokemon stuff

Really only consisting of previous gens, have beaten the game, so meh.

Venusaur:
    Earthquake, Energy Ball (would have loved Giga Drain instead), Frenzy Plant, Sludge Bomb.

Nidoking:
    Shadow Claw, Earthquake (I think), Surf, Megahorn.

Starmie:
    Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam.

Dragonite:
    Fly (Would normally replace with Fire Punch), Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt, Dragon Claw.

Magmortar :
    Psychic, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Brick Break (for the dark E4).

Electivire: (would normally go with Fire-, Ice- and Thunderpunch with Earthquake, but too lazy to breed)
    Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Brick Break.

Really just an all out offensive set because I don't bother with all the technical shit, and believe me, it works just fine (probably because people don't expect me to just charge head in with a Venusaur).
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2011-04-01 at 10:08 PM.

the team i used to get through white was:

Scrafty (71) (rocky helmet) ability:moxie = increases attack one stage each time you knock out an opponent.
    -Brick break, Crunch, Head smash and Dragon claw
    (has 115 base defence/S.defence and 90 base attack, so its a good one, moxie is really great when lvling it)

Dragonite (73) (expert belt) ability:inner focus = cannot flinch
    -Extreemespeed, Aqua tail, Thunderpunch and Outrage
    (*shrug* your standard bulky sweeper)

Tentacruel (72) (big root) ability:clear body = cannot have its stats lowered by an opponent.
    -Ice beam, Sludge bomb, Giga drain and Hydro pump
    (has 120 base S.defence and 100 base speed, with 80 S.attack, so its a solid pokemon)

Ampharos (74) (razor fang) ability:static = 30% chance of paralyzing the attacker when taking a physical attack.
    -Thunderbolt, Signal beam, Power gem and Cotton guard
    (has 115 base S.attack and has other good stats, but Cotton guard makes it a beast physical wall)

Cloyster (73) (shell bell) ability:skill link moves that hit 2-5 times, always hit 5 times:
    Rock blast, Icicle spear, substitute and shell smash.
    (its a natural water/ice physical wall with 180 base defence and 95 base attack, shell smash is what makes it deadly, it lowers both defence and S.defence, but sharply increases attack, special attack and speed. moves like rock blast and icicle spear will always hit 5 times with cloysters ability, making them have 125 attack power each, substitute helps with absorbing attack before shell break.

Milotic (71) (leftovers) ability:marvel scale = ups defence to 1.5 when induced with a status effect.
    Rest, Aqua ring, Ice beam and surf
    (AR+leftovers restores 35-40hp per turn + rest activates marvel scale. great special wall, has good S. attack and other stats)

its a overall defensive team, but some of them have some really great offensive potencial aswell.
    (i borrowed my friends DS, and transferred them over from my SS to his white, then to my black after i beat the first gym
    Last edited by noxusnorsk; 2011-04-01 at 10:12 PM.