Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Unhappy It Official WoW has " DBZ Syndrome ".

Yep title says it all. And it shows in just about all aspects of the game.

DBZ syndrome: A story with a plot that doesn't go much beyond "the most powerful warrior in the world" trying to destroy the world only to be defeated. Then some guy that is stronger and also impossible to beat shows up and is beaten. Repeat this proccess and you have Dragonball Z ......and now.....WoW

Expansion after expansion with constant buffs in strength and new spells, pretty soon we will be punching planets in half

true story.

/rip and mourn vanilla wow

No one who actually played vanilla WoW mourns it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id like to see where theres a DBZ syndrom other then Humans and Belfs having Sayain hair
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Isn't there a reason why DBZ is still so loved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    You just nailed it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Indeed.

And I wouldn't call it DBZ Syndrome, just RPG syndrome in general.

DBZ Syndrome would be like what happens in 90% of anime these days. Guy is super strong, guy gets beat by someone stronger, guy gets SUUUUPER strong and beats the person who beat him before. Rinse, repeat.

RPG syndrome is simply always improving, to the point of being Godlike.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Rubbish. It was as unbalanced as hell, but it had an epic feeling to the raids and world events that WoW hasnt been able to recapture since.

Deleted
    DBZ is awesom!
    Still hoping that Dragon Ball Online will be introduced in Europe *g*

10+ Year Old Account
    We faced deathwing once, before WoW was even released.. Nothing new with him.
    We also know about Sargeras, and the titans etc.

So, every "ultimate bad guy" we beat, is weaker than the final boss we are heading against. We know this.. That's why we fight them, and get stronger!

Also, the game would suck if we hit 60, and then had to fight every new boss, without lvling or getting gear. Heroic LK would be hard in MC gear at lvl60.

(also, troll somwhere else)

i think you couldnt be more wrong.

i think everyone who really played vanilla wow misses it. but we can go back and forth on this forever lol

you tell me you started in vanilla wow and all the bugs it had... but i think you probably started during a expo or took 2 years to hit 60 and missed out on all the truly fun content.

then you tell me im a noob, and we shall sling our imaginary swords for awhile.

either way i love you

Quote Originally Posted by Nuerotical View Post
    Expansion after expansion with constant buffs in strength and new spells, pretty soon we will be punching planets in half

true story.

/rip and mourn vanilla wow
    Yeah, there's a stellar idea! an entire expansion without characters (Or mobs for that matter) getting any stronger at all! It won't be much fun (After all, what is the point of RPGs besides becoming more powerful? finding out who has gone insane and needs to be killed this time?), but at least you're dodging the "Power creep"-pitfall :P

Yes actually, there are hundreds of thousands. Myself included

Deleted
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

OT: Isn't that how it always works in RPG's? If your character doesn't get stronger, what's the point of it being an RPG? Imagine if *insert your favorite RPG here* had you play it for 6 years without ever getting stronger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    Rubbish. It was as unbalanced as hell, but it had an epic feeling to the raids and world events that WoW hasnt been able to recapture since.
    Nothing like that epic feeling of farming shadow protection potions the whole day.

Just because it was pretty imbalanced and bad scripted bossfights (MC, some in BWL) it doesnt' mean the game sucked. The epic 40man raid feeling, the insane World PvP and how people cared more about having fun (doing X-roads raids, Orgrimmar raids etc.. FOR FUN) then getting their epics made the game such a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Nothing like that epic feeling of farming shadow protection potions the whole day.
    Yea, you had to struggle to get your gear and down bosses. But compare how happy you were, and how fun it was to actually beat a boss compared to now. Now, you're crying if you wipe more then 3-4 times on a new boss.

Deleted
    If you look at the surface of the game, then it may appear that way, but, when you look deeper, you can see that it is also full of Story, Interaction and Thought.

Each exspansion is taken from something in the Warcraft Universe, and has many different things going on.

Take WOTLK, yes the main selling point was to be able to t-bag the lich king, but what about the story of getting there? what about the Argent Tournament, what about the Wintergrasp (The first full pvp only zone i think)? Daily Questing, Professions,

There is much more to wow that people getting annoyed at the world, wanting revenge and being beaten by somebody else, You just need to look deeper into it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Yes actually, there are hundreds of thousands. Myself included
    To be fair, we don't have numbers on the amount of people who love it. Just counting people on these forums who loved(And played) it(For any reason) would still only come out to maybe 2-3k.

And you also have the people who didn't play it, yet still act like they did(I actually know a few people who do that >_>), but I have no clue how many of thems there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.
    I agree, kinda. I think saying people who wish it back have no brain is a bit overboard.

Umm, nothing we faced in Vanilla was even remotely close to "most powerful warrior in the world." Infact most of the stuff in vanilla was just child's play that any number of the heroes in Azeroth could have dealt with but had better things to do. In burning crusade it was kinda the same, although some of the things we faced were rather powerful.. still, some of the more powerful heroes in Azeroth would have had no trouble going in and just completing the entire Outland campaign by themselves.

When we hit Northrend we actually started facing some real challenging things.. Arthas and his army of undead actually gave pause to some of the most powerful beings in Azeroth, and only a few of them would have been able to take the Lich King himself on in 1v1 combat (Alexstraza, maybe Thrall or Malfurion, couple others may have had a chance of survival.)

When we get to Cataclysm we begin to start seeing some of the most powerful heroes of Azeroth actually fearing the villain or even being bested by him (Alexstraza fights Deathwing in a Twilight Highlands quest and it's a fairly even fight until she almost dies.)

Moving forward from here.. I dunno, we'll basically end Cataclysm being on par with some of the most powerful beings in Azeroth.. and there are many other bad guys out there that are MUCH stronger than Deathwing. Maybe new heroes in lore other than adventurers will have to rise up? Or maybe our current heroes will just continue to get stronger as we do?

But never in this history of WoW has any villain been labeled as anything resembling "most powerful warrior in the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    This right here says it all.

MMOs have stat inflation. More on this breaking subject, that has been occuring for over a decade, at 11.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.