10+ Year Old Account

Remote World of Warcraft

Not very functional, the refresh rate and graphics are horrible, but I was able to quest on my iTouch from 50+ Miles away, today. <3
    Application is called TeamViewer. Available on both iPhone and Andriod. I think this is one of the coolest things I've stumbled upon-- ever.

How, if I may ask, are you running addons on a phone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How, if I may ask, are you running addons on a phone?
    Hm? The addons running? I'm sure it's bogging my phone down quite a bit, but those are very low memory usage addons.

World of Warcrack on mobile devices - I can see the headlines now: "Paragon scores world first Sinestra + 25 pedestrians kill"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Hm? The addons running? I'm sure it's bogging my phone down quite a bit, but those are very low memory usage addons.
    I just didn't know there was support for addons to run on a phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I just didn't know there was support for addons to run on a phone.
    It was actually running on my home computer. If you were sitting in front of my computer, you would have seen the mouse moving, the computer basically controlling it's self. >.> I bet that'd look creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Haha whoa! Now i have a reason to get an iphone. I imagine controlling it is awkward though.
    A little. I enabled click to move, and if you look at the little black bar, the mouse icon is right click. So it was a little runescapey. I was able to do a few quests on my level 11. I can see myself getting in trouble with this at school...

He's using an RDP program on his phone, logmein/teamviewer, been using it for AH for ages
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Deleted
    It doesn't RUN on the phone. The application is just showing the user what's on the computer. VNC did this like 2 years ago.

More than 2 years ago actually, and still going. Some program won't forward non 2D, so you cannot play games on some. I used Portal when I had an iPhone, it's a VNC client though and I don't remember if it would transmit 3D. I know Remote Admin wouldn't when I used it a few years ago. Remote Admin is awesome btw, but not free.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

This can't end well. Lol

Deleted
    Even if you have a wifi-connection that can support streaming 1080p (or whatever resolution you are using) to a phone I don't think there is any device that can handle it. The best I've possibly reached using VNC is maybe 2-3 fps, which IMO isn't playable.
    Like someone above mentioned, this method of streaming your desktop to your phone works wonders for using the chat or checking AH - but not so much for actually playing.

I'm curious though how this looks on an iPad 2, as it has much stronger processing power.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Even if you have a wifi-connection that can support streaming 1080p (or whatever resolution you are using) to a phone I don't think there is any device that can handle it. The best I've possibly reached using VNC is maybe 2-3 fps, which IMO isn't playable.
    Like someone above mentioned, this method of streaming your desktop to your phone works wonders for using the chat or checking AH - but not so much for actually playing.

I'm curious though how this looks on an iPad 2, as it has much stronger processing power.
    Processing Power has VERY little to do with it. It's more network limited, since it has to transmit the entire screen to you.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you're a WoW addict when...

Would other VNC clients work better? Maybe something like TightVNC for Android?

I've used teamviewer for years, and I've used it on my iphone, but I've never run wow over it. Usually I can't see what's going on, but that's a decently clear picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Haha whoa! Now i have a reason to get an iphone. I imagine controlling it is awkward though.
    It doesn't require an iphone per se. VNC clients and such are available for many platforms.