Thread: Holy Questions

Holy Questions

1. How important are the 2 points that lower chakra by 6 seconds?
    2. If you are using Inner Will, is it still mana-ineffecient to hot every1 up with renew?(e.g. chimeron fight)
    3. Does haste affect Echoes of Light?
    4. What tends to be the best Major glyphs for holy priests?
    5. Does glyph of dispel work for mass dispel?
    Man I get any tips or advice on gear and spec? (i know my wand, rings and cloak suck, bad rng)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otastic/simple

Deleted
    Hello there.

1) I'm usually skipping it, getting spec like this: wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhrrRorkczobb (You can switch between Darkness and Mental Agility in order to achieve 12.5% Renew haste cap, which you don't have as of now ).
    2) Well, it certainly is mana inefficient on Chimaeron, because most of heals will technically go into overhealing. (Unless you speak about stack phase, where PoH is better option, you can just maybe throw some Renews while running to stack point to people that are dropping most.)
    On other fights, it may not be mana inefficient, I haven't really tested this as an option. I'll do some HPM/HPS maths on this when I'm online today.
    3) Unfortunetaly, it does not.
    4) Prayer of Mending, Dispel, Circle of Healing (at least for raids)
    5) Nope.

Gear:
    1) Reforge crit on neck,
    1.5) you are missing enchant on shoulders,
    2) switch Hurricane to Heartsong (it does a lot for holy's),
    3) get Tear of Blood from heroic Stonecore (best pre-raid trinket you can get, switch it with Sea Star),
    4) get pure int gem into your red socket in legs (unless you need it for activation of meta, which you don't),
    5) reforge crit on your legs.
    6) And also, try to achieve 12.5% haste. If you plan to run raids with either boomkin, spriest or shaman willing to pop +5% haste totem, you can get just 7.5% and then go for mastery. Otherwise, just reforge to get to that 12.5%, it helps a lot.

Deleted
    Before we get another tread about the "12.5% haste cap", there is NO 12.5% haste cap, at most it's a haste platue giving renew another tick (real damn important) but getting more than 12.5% haste is NOT bad. I would advice on stacking HST over MST. There are loads of threads about this already so I'll leave it at that.

Haste will only give you higher HPS if your Manapool is able to support this playstyle whereas Mastery is a mananeutral stat to boost your HPS - if the HoT-Portion is "allowed" to heal. If the target is capped, Mastery translates to pure overheal.

In a nutshell: haste is definitely not bad. But if you're in a situation where more haste means quenching that extraheal in that saves lives (to be blunt: if you're doing the more complex heroic raidbosses) you should've gained enough experience to judge by yourself whicht stat you would like.
    For starters, especially in terms of manaefficiency, ~13% in a raidenvironment is sufficent whereas mastery will allow you to heal more without sacrificing extra mana.

Deleted
    To expand on what TenDance said with a fresh example.

We've been progressing Chimaeron for quite a while now, MST in that fight would give me pure extra healing pushing my HPM lots higher but not giving me much higher chance of saving someone from death. HST on the other hand would let me cast faster and the way the fight works sometimes you don't have time for echo of light to tick (like healing someone after spit) making HST > MST for that fight. Surely, there are people that would disagree with me but that doesn't matter since I'd rather heal faster than get stronger ticks on EoL since it's mostly overhealing in that fight anyway.

Ran 1600 haste, 900 mastery when we downed him and managed to push 16k hps without going oom with double int trinkets + all int gems (4t11 enabled me to reforge spirit into more mastery since I had haste on most items already).

With a boomkin/spriest/shaman I would be able to get my heals down to 2.0s cast time with my current gear levels but unfortunatly we don't have one of those atm(I was the spriest ).

Deleted
    Wablakin>> I understand you being ironical about that "real damn important" 12.5% haste Renew cap, but honestly, it's very important treshold for using haste as holy priest and it should be achieved, unless you are really ignoring Renew as healing option.

But yea, it certainly does depend on your feeling about what you should stack / how you should balance your mastery and haste. On Chimaeron, I understand your need for faster heals, but let's face it, this fight is really specific in this matter and on other fights, 0.1s cast speed won't make a difference. (Unless you are drowning in mana, which you might be with t11 4s bonus - I'm on 7/13 HC and still don't have it.)

As I believe that Blacklisted is starting with raiding as holy priest, I'll keep my advice to get 12.5% haste (or slightly over, it won't hurt ofc), avoid crit and get rest of your secondary stat budget into mastery.
    In time, you will learn to manage your reforges on your own, but for starting, I say use this.

thanks for all your help guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynique View Post
    As I believe that Blacklisted is starting with raiding as holy priest, I'll keep my advice to get 12.5% haste (or slightly over, it won't hurt ofc), avoid crit and get rest of your secondary stat budget into mastery.
    The only thing I questioned was the use of "12.5% haste cap" instead of "get atleast 12.5% haste for extra tick on renew". But I agree, for the general fight I use HST/MST with haste being a tad bit higher at my current gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynique View Post
    6) And also, try to achieve 12.5% haste. If you plan to run raids with either boomkin, spriest or shaman willing to pop +5% haste totem, you can get just 7.5% and then go for mastery. Otherwise, just reforge to get to that 12.5%, it helps a lot.
    Most of what you said is fine, but this is flat wrong, and I wish people would stop saying this. First of all, Haste is multiplicative, not additive. If you have 3/3 Darkness and the 5% Haste buff, you only need 4.022% Haste (or 516 Haste Rating) to achieve 12.5% raid buffed, not 7.5%.

Second, and more importantly, going straight Mastery past that point is BAD advice, and this is from someone who generally prefers Mastery to Haste. The usefulness of the two stats at that point is pretty close to even and their value depends upon whether you're raiding 10s or 25s, what your role is, your mana situation, and even the specific fight. For instance, if you're working on Chimaeron, Mastery is borderline useless and Haste is extremely valuable; on a fight like Cho'gall, where there is plenty of time to top off and the healing intense portion is constant increasing damage, I find Mastery very useful and Haste rather meh. In fact, if one is struggling to heal up Caustic Slime targets on Chimaeron, or going OOM on Cho'gall as progression fights, some reforging for one or the other is a consideration.

In short, there is no flat single gearing method and seeing this advice thrown around on the Priest forum constantly ignores the other benefits of Haste because adding a tick to Renew which, btw, shouldn't be a significant enough portion of your healing to make that plateau as significant as that advice implies. In most encounters, your top heals will be PoH, CoH, and PoM, all of which benefit from the faster GCD, and PoH specifically benefits from faster casts too. It is this ability to pump out faster heals when needed most that makes Haste valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEY LOOK! Theres that rotting, maggot-infested dead horse that we still keep flocking to the field to beat with our baseball bats.

To the OP: if you want to read the haste bs mastery discussion. Theres one a page or so back that has "12.5% haste mandatory?" or something in the title.

Can we please close this thread? So tired of this effing discussion.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15