Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druid Mana Regen, What Happened Blizzard?

Ok so I play a druid on skullcrusher, my mana is around 98k in a 10 man and around 100k in 25 mans depending on food/buffs/cauldrons the guild has. I'm not complaining about how my heals are(Top healing around 12.5-14k hps) But I am complaining on how fast I drain mana. I can't use regrowth as a dot heal anymore too early in the fight, because of the mana cost and how low mana regen is for druid's right now. I am glyphed for innervate so i get double mana when i cast on myself or if i cast on another heals i get innervate too. But innervate is 2 min cd and most fights last longer and by the time innervate is up im usually 20% mana and healing pretty hard if im main raid heals(25 mans are a lot easier on my mana pool healing wise). I'm having this problem even though im gemming spirit and enchanting SP for the talent for increase of spirit for every sp i have. My main heal right now is healing touch, since blizzard decided to nerf nourish, and its a good heal(hits around 40k) but takes so much mana especially when im an wild growthing and lifeblooming the tanks. If any other druids have any input to help me not lose my mana within 3 to 4 minutes of the fight while shaman and priest healers keep their mana throughout the whole fight please tell me, its not a big deal just seeing if the scaling for combat regen is too low for druids right now.

Innervate is 2 min CD? I wish.

Your main heal when you obtain raiding gear should be rejuv, followed by WG, followed by LB, depending on the fight ofc.

Post your armory if you want help.

i too play a druid but have a little less mana than u do i have 86k mana and am doing 10k hps and i too agree that regen is too low but i always get through the fight by looking at the healbars more than i use to i only heal tanks under the 70% mark an the raid gets healed at 65% and i know your saying dam thats low but if the raid and the tank know what there doing and u have other healers to help u u will save alot of mana. also make sure your raid group does not stand in unesisary junk on the ground and make sure the tank does the same and also communicates through vent or what ever it is u use to say like incomming big damage so u can quickly switch to him and bring him to top health

I think your problem is that you think glyphed innvervate gives you additional mana.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    I think your problem is that you think glyphed innvervate gives you additional mana.
    ^ i LOLed also

Druid mana regen is fine you should be gemming/enchanting for INT not spirit. im at 139k int buffed now and mana isnt really a problem anymore trade innervates with another resto druid call for priests mana hymn before you innervate be an alcy and use potions. any resto druid under 100k mana is doing it wrong or is way to poorly geared to be raiding. i remember having over 100k at ilvl 350.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Innervate is 2 min CD? I wish.

Your main heal when you obtain raiding gear should be rejuv, followed by WG, followed by LB, depending on the fight ofc.

Post your armory if you want help.
    Both of these.

Even tank healing, HT shouldn't be your #1 and glyhed innervate gives you nothing if you cast it on yourself.

Regen is fine as it is right now. If you gear and spec correctly it's working exactly the way they want it to. You need to think about what heals you are going to use before you use them, not just mindlessly spam what you want. Regen works better this expac than it ever has.

Deleted
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect. Currently sitting on 116k-118k raid buffed in a 10 man with 354ilevel. Mana regen is not a huge problem with my current setup, thanks to having as much of an uptime on Lifebloom as possible. That constant Replenishment is delicious, especially when Power Torrent procs. My gear is definately not bis gear, and could be ripped apart by a good few Tree's out there, but it's currently helping me hit roughly about 11k healing, and I can generally last right to the end of most fights, as long as i'm not mucking up on Lifeblooms.

In short, keep Lifebloom up, try to use your innervates on other healers if you can afford it and it's glyphed, cause it's nice to help your other healers and keep your clearcasting procs for Healing Touch/Regrowths.

PS: I also switch to Boomkin when needed, popping out around 13/14k, mostly due to not being great with the rotation so far.

If you need the armoury, it's Moounter on Draenor - EU, guild Vendetta

Deleted
    how does a resto druid have under 100k mana ub?

Stop trying to get your Epeen(hps) up spamming high cost heals and heal what needs to be healed instead, you'll save mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatoan View Post
    how does a resto druid have under 100k mana ub?
    this ^

I thought players with such low mana pools didn't know about this site^^

Ok OP post made me LOL
    1. Glyph of Innervate doesnt give you extra mana unless trading it with another druid
    2. In 10 mans mana should be much more manable. You shouldnt be blanketing rejuv anymore
    3. 25s you tend to use much more mana due to rejuv alot more
    4. In 10 mans for instance Magmaw heroic I keep LB on tank 100% time nourish spam when he does AoE throw WG use Tree on the aoe damage and blanket LB's I ALWAYS keep a rejuv up on our Hpally/Hunter/FDK since they are always at range and taking damage but I never OOM during the fight untill 15% due to the aoe damage becoming rediculas and you needing to spread and spam out mass heals. Pop tree/LB spam.
    5. NEVER NEVER NEVER Unless your doing Chim use Regrowth unless its life or death I se Regrowth ALWAYS during a CC proc but that makes it cost 0% mana which is when your supposed to di t

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 04:47 PM ----------

Also with Tsuami/4peice which is ALWAYS UP I have 2854 Spirit which I feel is the point were you really dont need more mana regen

Innervate glyph is only for innervating someone else, at 50% effect also applied on yourself. Also, make sure you have, preferably, 3 pts in moonglow, 2 in furor, and 3 in revitalize with at least 1 in malfurians gift. Keep up use of lifebloom, use procs of omen of clarity for regrowth or healing touch, dont spam rejuv (only when group takes heavy damage, tree form if needed - wild growth then rejuv or rejuv then wild growth depending on your preference) and make use of your swiftmend and efflorescence. At 355 ilvl and only 1600 spirit on my gear before tsunami card, I have little mana issues. Stack gems and enchants for intellect, get power torrent for your weapon as soon as you can afford it, and you should be fine as long as you use your heals smartly. I have 126k mana full raid buffed at this ilvl, and it works since replenishment and revitalize effects make up a huge part of resto druid mana regen. Most of the time I dont ever have to stop for mana in heroic 5mans and can maximize my mana usage without waste in raids. I tank heal and raid heal for my raids, always 40-55% of the groups heals when we use 3 healers, at 10k-18k hps depending on fight and heals set up. helpful info from my own creation: I use tree of life early enough when needed to where I have it up for when I am about to run out of mana without innervate, using it and lifeblooming and using procs of omen of clarity, along with swiftmend and enough rejuv, I can heal with almost no mana for that duration plus over 60seconds more without going oom, running at 9k hps during the time after tree goes away. Intellect stack makes this possible.

this. dood. you have no reason to oom on a druid. none.

in my 346 blues i healed through 2 group facepulls in grim batol...
    and only reason youre ooming in raids is you dont know your class.
    which you proved by saying innervate glyphed gives YOU any benefit. l2read

i also solo-healed valiona + theralion. (but that was in 359s). spell priority bro, learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthuzan View Post
    Ok so I play a druid on skullcrusher, my mana is around 98k in a 10 man and around 100k in 25 mans depending on food/buffs/cauldrons the guild has. I'm not complaining about how my heals are(Top healing around 12.5-14k hps) But I am complaining on how fast I drain mana. I can't use regrowth as a dot heal anymore too early in the fight, because of the mana cost and how low mana regen is for druid's right now. I am glyphed for innervate so i get double mana when i cast on myself or if i cast on another heals i get innervate too. But innervate is 2 min cd and most fights last longer and by the time innervate is up im usually 20% mana and healing pretty hard if im main raid heals(25 mans are a lot easier on my mana pool healing wise). I'm having this problem even though im gemming spirit and enchanting SP for the talent for increase of spirit for every sp i have. My main heal right now is healing touch, since blizzard decided to nerf nourish, and its a good heal(hits around 40k) but takes so much mana especially when im an wild growthing and lifeblooming the tanks. If any other druids have any input to help me not lose my mana within 3 to 4 minutes of the fight while shaman and priest healers keep their mana throughout the whole fight please tell me, its not a big deal just seeing if the scaling for combat regen is too low for druids right now.
    You are doing something wrong my friend. My druid has 120k mana in 10 mans with food and flask. And I innervate the other healers using the glyph of innervate because they run out of mana way before I do. I don't even have to drink in 5 mans through multiple wrath style pulls, including bosses.
    Last edited by Train Heartnet; 2011-04-14 at 07:57 PM.

Gemming/enchanting for spirit is stupid, just go for intellect. It gives you more regen than you realize (via Revitalize/Replenishment/Innervate) and increases your mana pool (more mana means you're able to cast more before running out) in addition to increasing your healing done.
    Last edited by bigdumbfartlord69; 2011-04-14 at 08:06 PM.

You can't spam your high-cost heals just to try to top meters. That's not how it works.

Nourish should be used- don't ignore it. It's cheap and refreshes LB.

Something tells me you use the spirit flask? Please don't if that's the case.

Fwiw I don't run into mana problems. Keep up LB stacks on tank (only let them fall off as a last resort big heal). WG off cd, regrowth on OoC procs, rejuv as needed, efflo on stacked groups, and when you're not doing anything, nourish.

Aww a fellow druid from skullcrasher. While I don't think mana is a huge issue, when I am going ballz to the wall, all out, I can start having mana issues about 1/2 or 3/4 through the fight, but I also tend to do 15% more healing then the holy priest in my grp and 18% more healing then the shammy (I am about 1 ilvl higher then both). I have accepted that while my efficiency is not as great, I make up for it in thorough put, I have a boomkin innervating me on CD, I innervate when priest pops hymn and I try to have trinket procs up when shammy uses mana tide. Your group comp may not be as good, but use what you have.

Regrowth only on CC proc, so you can get haste buff unless you are spot healer on chimeron. And as noted, you don't get double mana on glyphed innervate. That glyph is awsome though if you have another boomkin or resto to trade innervates with.

Only thing that really sucks is my overhealing, which is high, but that comes from the my rejuvs, WGs and LBs, not from any direct heals.

At lower levels, I defenitely had mana issues that were frustrating.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    in approx 354 i-lvl offspec heal gear, I run approx 116k mana and have approx 2500-2700 spirit depending on buffs, procs / trinket choice etc. Am able to comfortably maintain 75%+ mana for the length of most fights. Always use your innervate at no lower than 50-60% mana and save your mana pots for next time you need a boost, use pots of concentration when able etc. Mana regen as a druid when handled properly and geared/reforged properly is fine:

1. Gem int or int/spir (purified cut), not pure spirit.
    2. never use regrowth or nature's touch unless a CC proc is up or its an absolute emerg
    3. in 10mans, always keep 3 rejuvs up at a time and keep lifebloom on your assigned tank target or whoever, and keep it up w/nourish. If you do it properly, you spam nourish on targets at 65-75% + health w/the 30% talented haste bonus from Nature's Bounty... and you NEVER even come close to going oom.
    4. use wild growth on cd to help raid heal since its a smart heal, and efflorescence w/swiftmends on grouped up times or on the melee/tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit spamming Healing touch, quit spamming Regrowth. Healing- Wild Growth on CD, Rejuve on 3 lowest members, Swiftmed on the one in a group, spam nourish until Rejuve falls off, repeat. 3 stacks of Lifebloom on tank.

If you have Tree of life up, Wild Growth, spam Lifeblooms on lowest targets, Regrowth on CC procs, swiftmend the regrowths.

If you are gonna use Tranquility, make sure to use Wild Growth first.

Btw, Moounter, ima plagiarize and take a part of what you said for sig. Never had something said so simply so funny

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say lack of int I sit on like 140k in raid, are you in full blues? :/