Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vampiric Touch Dispelling Penalty

Yesterday, in arena, against Lock/Rshaman (us playing Spriest/Rshaman), I nearly cried at the thought on how well Warlocks work against us using dots.

Couldn't kill the lock, so i tried my hand at the shaman -

Shadow Word: Pain - Instant dispel
    Vampiric Touch - Dispel with a 2 second fear that gets PUT onto the DR.
    Devouring plague stays on doing how little damage it does..

Does no one else think this is a bit unfair? Locks have alot more dots compared to Spriest, and no, im not saying we need more dots, I'm saying we need more protection for our current dots on the target - because ATM, Vampiric touch which is an essential spell for setting up a kill is getting dispelled as if it were nothing.

Welcome to the warlock world, where all of our essential dots are being removed without penalty. I'm surprised you actually took the time to post this to be honest.

Deleted
    Draphen... You don't even have ramp-up time for your dots to do damage though.

I'm sure the lock felt the exact same as you did with your shaman dispelling all of his/her dots AND shadow's embrace/haunt.
    Although the shaman would only need to remove SE/Haunt and Earthliving proc would out-heal the meagre dot damage.

Deleted
    I play both a lock and a SP... And i can tell you that i much prefer the SP against resto shamans for a few simple reasons.

1. Locks gets instant dispelled aswell, and our penality is even more shit than yours
    2. Priests have manaburn (Yes, you will oom the shammy and land a kill)
    3. Priests have mind spike x 3 + mindblast

Anyone saying that a shadowpriest is not prefered in 2s over a lock (Against shammys anyways) is not playing enough arena.

Deleted
    Unstable affliction dispel protection will be buffed in 4.1, but shadow priest dispel protection will remain as the utter shit it is. However we have great burst and no ramp up time with mind spike to compensate.
    Resto shaman dispels will be nerfed in 4.1 too, in their current state they are horrible unbalanced.

But shadow priests will lose their friendly in 4.1 too, ending the era of shadow priest pvp that started in vanilla wow, ended in season 1, restarted in season 8, and will once again end in 4.1.

At least we have discipline.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post
    1. Locks gets instant dispelled aswell, and our penality is even more shit than yours
    2. Priests have manaburn (Yes, you will oom the shammy and land a kill)
    3. Priests have mind spike x 3 + mindblast

Anyone saying that a shadowpriest is not prefered in 2s over a lock (Against shammys anyways) is not playing enough arena.
    Just... no
    1. the backlash from UA is much better than that of VT because:
    It doesn't DR anything, not even itself (VT DR's itself as well as Psychic Horror)
    2. You won't burn a decent rsham if you play rsham/spriest outside fears/hexes and the shaman will still tremor half of those fears.
    Even when they're out of mana they can, with the current state of cleansing waters, outheal spriest damage with the assistance of LoS purely on what they get back from spirit regen.
    3. You can't just name random abilities as an argument, sure, priests have MSx3 + MB but with the team comp he is playing it's unlikely that you will get it off because you don't have anyone to keep your target in place. I can just go on ahead and say something like "warlocks have spamable fear", doesn't make it a good argument.

Spriests shouldn't be playing 2v2 as healer/dps, neither should warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Draphen... You don't even have ramp-up time for your dots to do damage though.

I'm sure the lock felt the exact same as you did with your shaman dispelling all of his/her dots AND shadow's embrace/haunt.
    Although the shaman would only need to remove SE/Haunt and Earthliving proc would out-heal the meagre dot damage.
    You sir have no clue.

In order for SP dots to hit their full dmg potential you need to channel up 5 stacks of dark evangelism, wait for a shadow orb to proc, get off a mindblast and redot. This rampup adds atleast 35% more dmg to our dots. Please dont tell me thats not a rampup. If our dots are being instant dispelled we wont be getting orbs thus not hitting our maximum damage potential. Ever.

Deleted
    Yes it is unfair... In 3s I just chain dispel vt not even thinking about it, it keeps the shadowpriest busy and I don't have to worry about him doing dmg if he doesn't have dots up. I find unstable afflic much worse since it doesn't DR with itself, 5 second silence is worse than 3 second horror that drs with itself.

Deleted
    wow this is roflcopter.
    You know you're shield you can cast on yourself ? It absorbs the full dot damage we do with our 3 dots up. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    wow this is roflcopter.
    You know you're shield you can cast on yourself ? It absorbs the full dot damage we do with our 3 dots up. Just saying.
    a disc shield may possibly be strong enough for that indeed, but i'm pretty sure sp shields are very far from it, or else you have to be seriously lacking gear.

My shield in full epic is worth 15.3k absorb...
    I too tried some shadow/healer last Nyt and loved gettin chain dispelled...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    You sir have no clue.

In order for SP dots to hit their full dmg potential you need to channel up 5 stacks of dark evangelism, wait for a shadow orb to proc, get off a mindblast and redot. This rampup adds atleast 35% more dmg to our dots. Please dont tell me thats not a rampup. If our dots are being instant dispelled we wont be getting orbs thus not hitting our maximum damage potential. Ever.
    Is your Dark Evangelism target specific? i.e. can it be dispelled along with your dots? Do shadow orbs act the same way where they are also target specific? No. In fact, shadow orbs in a pvp environment stack REALLY damn fast, don't try to bullsh*t me on that one, and dark evangelism is a synch to stack (comparatively speaking) considering it procs from Mind Flay.

Shadow's embrace and Haunt, both of which are only applied with cast-time spells (or a 2/4% rng proc from a dot which is also insta-dispelled) amounts to far more difficulty in applying, especially when they can be dispelled along with your dots instantaneously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draphen View Post
    Locks have alot more dots compared to Spriest, and no, im not saying we need more dots, I'm saying we need more protection for our current dots on the target - because ATM, Vampiric touch which is an essential spell for setting up a kill is getting dispelled as if it were nothing.
    What exactly do you mean by 'Locks have alot more dots'? If you are talking about dot spells then warlocks have 3, just like shadow priests.
    And another thing.. these are probably the two specs (affli lock and shadow priest) that are worst for healer + dps set ups in 2v2. If you are actually any good at PvP and you start playing with a rogue, im sure you will stop complaining. The rogue will be putting up too much pressure that the 3 second fear from dispelling VT will actually help.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post
    Welcome to the warlock world, where all of our essential dots are being removed without penalty. I'm surprised you actually took the time to post this to be honest.
    Try casting Unstable Affliction.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. In fact, shadow orbs in a pvp environment stack REALLY damn fast, don't try to bullsh*t me on that one
    The only time they stack "damn fast" is if you're attacking the priest because they get one every time they get crit. Problem is, if you're being tunneled you're probably not in a position to get much use out of them.

The grass isn't greener on the other side. At least you have a viable nuke spells that we don't have (3 second shadowbolts cast). Shaman laugh at our dots and dispell them mindlessly even tough the UA silence them. And the other healers kinda dispell then with out care. If we are being focused it's hard to reapply the dots and trying to survive at the same time.

There is a reason why locks are getting a buff next patch (UA dispell doing more dmg, and shadow master getting a buff, and the felhunter dmg is getting a buff).

Quote Originally Posted by Gerti View Post
    The grass isn't greener on the other side. At least you have a viable nuke spells that we don't have (3 second shadowbolts cast). Shaman laugh at our dots and dispell them mindlessly even tough the UA silence them. And the other healers kinda dispell then with out care. If we are being focused it's hard to reapply the dots and trying to survive at the same time.

There is a reason why locks are getting a buff next patch (UA dispell doing more dmg, and shadow master getting a buff, and the felhunter dmg is getting a buff).
    And you have a different spell school which doesn't make you take 15% extra damage. And your "Viable Nuke" doesn't remove all of your DoTs from the target.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    And your "Viable Nuke" doesn't remove all of your DoTs from the target.
    Which are anyway dispelled already, remember?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    And you have a different spell school which doesn't make you take 15% extra damage. And your "Viable Nuke" doesn't remove all of your DoTs from the target.
    Are you seriously suggesting that it's even remotely viable to use fire spells as affliction if your shadow is locked out? And you're not taking 15% extra damage, you're losing your 15% damage reduction (slight diff here) and now able to heal yourself - PRETTY DAMN WELL - for a dps spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously suggesting that it's even remotely viable to use fire spells as affliction if your shadow is locked out?
    Searing Pain, warlocks have been doing it forever, maybe you should try it.

And you're not taking 15% extra damage, you're losing your 15% damage reduction (slight diff here) and now able to heal yourself - PRETTY DAMN WELL - for a dps spec.
    Yes, there is a difference, you're taking more than 15% extra damage.
    Normally you'd have an *0.85 modifier to damage taken, now it's *1.00 which is almost an increase of 18%.
    I don't even see why you even bring it up as it does nothing but hurt your side of the argument.

Besides, you're not going to shift out and start healing if someone is attacking you, you're already dead if you do.