Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guil View Post
    I am quite confused right now since I try very hard but still can only pull 7k dps max. I must be doing something terribly wrong.
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Guil
    Well to start off you have nothing enchanted. You have several pieces with spirit, which is pretty much a wasted stat for us. Also quite a lot of mastery (you have more mastery then me at ilvl 362) which is the least of the dps stats. I understand you're still gearing, but try to aim more for haste and crit. Only get more hitrating if you're planning to do some raiding.

Secondly, heroics are often fast paced and a poor test for comparative dps. Even so, you should use Conflag on cooldown and try to keep dots running on anything that lasts 10+ seconds. Also, Shadowflame is awesome and if you really want to spike damage on a boss drop an Infernal .

Testdummies are slightly better, but don't forget that in groups and raids you usually will have some raidbuffs that can alter your damage substantially. A 5% haste aura from an spriest or shammie can push your immolate into an extra tick which also increases your Conflag damage significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Well to start off you have nothing enchanted. You have several pieces with spirit, which is pretty much a wasted stat for us. Also quite a lot of mastery (you have more mastery then me at ilvl 362) which is the least of the dps stats. I understand you're still gearing, but try to aim more for haste and crit. Only get more hitrating if you're planning to do some raiding.

Secondly, heroics are often fast paced and a poor test for comparative dps. Even so, you should use Conflag on cooldown and try to keep dots running on anything that lasts 10+ seconds. Also, Shadowflame is awesome and if you really want to spike damage on a boss drop an Infernal .

Testdummies are slightly better, but don't forget that in groups and raids you usually will have some raidbuffs that can alter your damage substantially. A 5% haste aura from an spriest or shammie can push your immolate into an extra tick which also increases your Conflag damage significantly.
    Thank you Kilmir for your advice. I will definitely do that. Just curious, how can people do 25k+ dps in raids? Do the buffs and better gear change your dps that dramatically (doubling or even tripling your dps) ?

Ok to start things off here is my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/steak/simple

i feel like my dps on all the boss fights are very low and that Simulation craft says that i should be doing 25k dps

This is my world of logs for the guild i am in worldoflogs.com/guilds/85332/

What do you guys think i can do to get my dps up?I am a very skill player and i always try to read up to look what i can and can't do on boss fights.I have a logitech g510 gaming keyboard and with the gkeys i can make it so i just have to hold down one of the gkeys and it will spam the spell i want it to.If i did that would it make my dps higher or you don't think i should do that becuase i can get banned?

I know what I'm doing, but I'm not above criticism or suggestions, I'm looking to gain another 3k dps on Magmaw and push for #1.

any suggestions?

[ world of logs ] /reports/mjgb5f6bow5q6pw4/sum/damageDone/?s=47&e=475#Brokrone

[ battle dot net ] /wow/en/character/malfurion/Brokrone/advanced

Edit: in related news, when do I get link privileges?
    nice

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...e=475#Brokrone

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krone/advanced
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2011-04-17 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guil View Post
    Thank you Kilmir for your advice. I will definitely do that. Just curious, how can people do 25k+ dps in raids? Do the buffs and better gear change your dps that dramatically (doubling or even tripling your dps) ?
    There are many factors. For one, you get to use your infernal which is a nice boost but skews numbers. Secondly many fights have secondary targets. This means you get to use Bane of Havoc as well as an additional target for dots. In some fights you get to nuke adds which can give Soul Shards for more instant Soul Fires.

Also, some bossfights have extra ways to increase damage. Puddles from Arcanotron, Halfus +damage debuff and Maloriaks green phase for instance can throw dps numbers really high.

All the buffs and debuffs, heroism, as well as Dark Intent uptime can give you something like 50% more dps in total. Basically if you can get up to, say, 16k dps on a dummy you should break 20k on bossfights rather easy if you know what you're doing (taking dps loss due to movement into account). On multiple target fights like V&T, ODS, Conclave and captain planet you can break 25k due to Havoc and multi dotting.

Of course when you get into hard modes, you have so much going on that you typically have a hard time doing anything

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I know what I'm doing, but I'm not above criticism or suggestions, I'm looking to gain another 3k dps on Magmaw and push for #1.

any suggestions?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...e=475#Brokrone

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krone/advanced
    1. Do you pre-pot?
    2. Tell your raidmembers to stop dieing so the fight time is shorter and Heroism counts for more
    3. Perhaps keep your imp on Magmaw so it won't lose casttime/bolts due to adds dieing. This should also increase Burning Embers uptime a bit
    4. Imp Soul Fire uptime is at 63%. I know this fight is typically hard to keep imp SF up all the time, but at least try to refresh it before Shadow Flaming those adds (hard to tell if you already do that or not).
    5. 7 Soulburns already, but you might be able to squeeze a few more out. Looking at your Shadow Burns I assume you replenish your stock constantly anyway.

That's all I could think off. Keep up the good work

1. I do, but I think recently I've been forgetting to use it during BL, gotta do better on that

2. lol

3. I'll do that, good suggestion

4/5. I do try, but I'll and be more mindful of that

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 02:05 AM ----------

nah I give up, everyone just AoE'd this week like twats

Hello. A new challenger has arrived!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4175&e=4532

I am shadocaster on that kill, and I am the lowest DPS out of all the DPS that stayed alive for that halfus kill. Browsing around the logs you can look at other fights. Where are some areas that I can improve? I am a good player(or at least I hope I am), so what is separating me from being higher on the charts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    1. I do, but I think recently I've been forgetting to use it during BL, gotta do better on that

2. lol

3. I'll do that, good suggestion

4/5. I do try, but I'll and be more mindful of that

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 02:05 AM ----------

nah I give up, everyone just AoE'd this week like twats
    I was wondering, are you just shadowflaming the parasites to gain dps or because you're being asked to? My guild has the adds kited and no ranged dps them on hard mode.. just wondered what your guild does.

To gain dps because of Havoc, otherwise it'd just be padding

Quote Originally Posted by Shadocaster View Post
    Hello. A new challenger has arrived!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4175&e=4532

I am shadocaster on that kill, and I am the lowest DPS out of all the DPS that stayed alive for that halfus kill. Browsing around the logs you can look at other fights. Where are some areas that I can improve? I am a good player(or at least I hope I am), so what is separating me from being higher on the charts?
    On halfus you need to be selfish to crank up dps, but first you need to know mechanic of the fight. Halfus takes additional damage when you kill drakes, and this increase is cumulative. So you start the fight buy opening on halfus and usually when you are done with all the dots you need to put bane of havoc on halfus, by that time tank will pick up one drake and then you need to change target to drake.

Usually tanks start the fight with whelps too so you will need to position your self in melee range in order to be able to put strike all the whelps, boss and active drakes with shadow(cleave)flame. As those whelps don't die ridiculously fast ass many adds do now days, they are optimal for multidoting tactic, so you will need to put immolate on every single one, boss and drake and keep shadow(cleave)flame on cd. I use mouse-over immolate macro and addon that displays my dots on enemy plates, i think it is called platebaffs or something, to effectively multidot.

When whelps die out put bane of havoc on active drake and keep imolate on it, be in melee range and shadow(cleave)flame on cd, and selfishly main target halfus. Imo i use /focus in same macro as bane of havoc so i can with my mouseover immolate macro keep immolate on drake by just mouseover targeting focus frame.

With this tactic you will easily be on top of dps in your guild, as first one on that list has lower dps then I have done on halfus normal 10man. Good luck in avoiding getting aggro form your guild leader, but you will get respect from your dps.

and one more thing, if you are bad on other fights not just halfus, if you don't maintain exact simcraft rotation, then take tame and learn your class, or try some addons like Ovale spell priority and custum scripts, one written by me for destro warlocks, you will find that in ovale forums.

Hi, this is a combat log of my guild's progress on h valiona and theralion, dont have a solo combat log so i dont know if this will suffice :/
    w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/qpib22vipy90zm0e/details/2/

this is a link to my armory.
    w ww.wowstead.com/wow/characters/9046728-bitemeplease
    u s.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/bitemeplease/simple
    (both are the same links in case one is not working.)
    note: there is a space in between the links as i cant post links because my post count is too low.

my guild hasnt effectively downed Heroic valiona yet... best attempt was at 23% if i'm not wrong. well my dps is around 21~22k , destro specced, and a fellow guildie who's affliction does around 26k (granted , she has a few heroic pieces) . somehow i feel i can improve my dps somehow?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u5...ses&boss=43296
    Here are my HM Chim attempts. Some of them are higher than others, but here's what I'm concerned about:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u5...?s=3787&e=4111

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../rethea/simple
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

First off, let me say this is currently my alt, but I am interested in making this my main but unfortunately, I'm not quite doing decent enough dps for that. The best I've done in a raid environment is pull 15.6k in BH.

Here's a log of a BoT pug I did with the Val and Ther fight. I did die, as it was my first time doing the fight as ranged, but i was alive long enough through 1 phase of each dragon.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../0/?s=60&e=483

Here's a link to my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arshade/simple

I have switched since that log to shadow bolt spec versus affdrain spec, just to see if I performed better, but I have yet to raid as SB aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkle View Post
    First off, let me say this is currently my alt, but I am interested in making this my main but unfortunately, I'm not quite doing decent enough dps for that. The best I've done in a raid environment is pull 15.6k in BH.

Here's a log of a BoT pug I did with the Val and Ther fight. I did die, as it was my first time doing the fight as ranged, but i was alive long enough through 1 phase of each dragon.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../0/?s=60&e=483

Here's a link to my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arshade/simple

I have switched since that log to shadow bolt spec versus affdrain spec, just to see if I performed better, but I have yet to raid as SB aff.
    from the look at the logs you died roughly 4min into the fight but when i look at debuffs i get
    Corruption 50 218.9 51.6 % #
    Shadow Embrace 28 204.7 48.3 % #
    Bane of Doom 4 203.6 48.0 % #
    Unstable Affliction 13 190.1 44.8 % #
    Haunt 17 185.5 43.8 %
    Shadowflame 5 31.0 7.3 % #
    Bane of Agony 4 16.1 3.8 %

the uptime on them seem pretty low as that you should be using bane of agony and soul swapping to the flying dragon for maximum dps
    the only advice i can tell you is practice on dummy to get at least 85% uptime on all the debuffs as well as refreshing them on time
    you can clip the last tick of dots now so u refresh unstable afflication when u have 2 sec left or doom when u have less then 15sec left

My toon name is Kryptanite and im on the server Malfurion as a horde player i am mostly in regular raiding epics almost all 359+ in every slot and i was wondering if there are other dest locks out there that are in similar gear what sorta dps you all pushing i dont have combat logs or even recount pics but i do know in most fights i can maintain an avg of 15k+ dps with moderate moving involved and if its juststraight out dps fight no moving at all its more or less a bit higher then 15k+dps and i usually see a top end with trinket usage of about 21k dps just looking for some input or even some suggestions on my gear or reforging or anyting anyone can think of.

quick question, Dose BoH still work on magmaws exposed head? Haven't played destro for a while now.

Affliction Warlock low on dps

Hi guys,

I am very desperate. But let's start with some background information before: I changed from my former destro spec to affliction (using drain life as filler). I am following closely the guide posted on elitistjerks. But it seems my dps isn't very high compared to our hunters or even to our rogue.

My char: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/runetotem/nocturnis/simple (please consider that I changed to SB as filler before I logged out, so don't look at spec there )
    My spec: wowtal.com/#k=1zgpUk9S.ala.warlock.
    Example log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o94gpox4wa7yqo4f/sum/damageDone/?s=10309&e=10596
    Sadly I have no very recent log reflecting my problem. Meanwhile our mages switched to arcane, our hunters got better weapons. I am waiting for the log of yesterday and as soon as I get it I will post it.

My spell opener:
    I always start with Shadow Bolt , then I cast Haunt, Bane of Doom, Corruption , Unstable Affliction and use my drain life filler. When target reaches 25% health I switch to drain soul.

Thank you for your help!

Ama

Edit: Could not directly put up a link as I am very new on the board (always read so far, never wrote)
    Last edited by Amarynth; 2011-05-12 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarynth View Post
    Hi guys,

I am very desperate. But let's start with some background information before: I changed from my former destro spec to affliction (using drain life as filler). I am following closely the guide posted on elitistjerks. But it seems my dps isn't very high compared to our hunters or even to our rogue.

My char: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/runetotem/nocturnis/simple (please consider that I changed to SB as filler before I logged out, so don't look at spec there )
    My spec: wowtal.com/#k=1zgpUk9S.ala.warlock.
    Example log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o94gpox4wa7yqo4f/sum/damageDone/?s=10309&e=10596
    Sadly I have no very recent log reflecting my problem. Meanwhile our mages switched to arcane, our hunters got better weapons. I am waiting for the log of yesterday and as soon as I get it I will post it.

My spell opener:
    I always start with Shadow Bolt , then I cast Haunt, Bane of Doom, Corruption , Unstable Affliction and use my drain life filler. When target reaches 25% health I switch to drain soul.
    Try to maximize the uptime of your dots.

Haunt has 60-70% uptime, this should be at the very least 90%. Bane of Doom can be higher aswell; you can clip it easily. UA 83%. Improve that. Also try to NOT go for spirit gear, if you have to get a blue instead, it's usually still better.

You might also wanna consider swapping out Glyph of Fear for Glyph of Life Tap (Or soul link actually ) on raid bosses, and taking Power Torrent on your weapon even tho it's blue.

Going closer on your specc and seeing the WoL, you're using DL filler. When you do so, you don't need the points in Bane. Get them out of it. Make sure you cast Haunt every CD in order to keep your Shadow Embrace up, since also that seems to be a tad low.
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2011-05-12 at 10:27 AM.

Hi Prozac,

at first: Many thanks for your hints. I was very happy to get an answer so quickly

But I've got some little questions:
    • Regarding Dot-Uptime:
      Sometimes when there is a lot of confusion I've got little problems to overview my DoT-Status. That's why I configured Power Auras to show me vanished DoTs, which I casted on specific targets before. But it would be also great to have some kind of reminder telling me 2 or 3 seconds before dots vanish in order to recast them for nearly 100% uptime. Do you use such things or know a good addon?

By the way: Is it possible to see the uptime of dots directly after a fight? To see possible improvements?
    • Regarding Shadow Bolt or Drain Life spec:
      At the moment my home-latency is about 20 to 30 ms. My world latency varies from 50 ms to 180 ms, with emphasis on 180 ms. Does Drain Life still be better than the SB spec? I remember to have read something about SB being better when overall latency is above 150 ms, but I am not sure

Thanks for your patience

Ama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarynth View Post
    Hi Prozac,

at first: Many thanks for your hints. I was very happy to get an answer so quickly

But I've got some little questions:
    • Regarding Dot-Uptime:
      Sometimes when there is a lot of confusion I've got little problems to overview my DoT-Status. That's why I configured Power Auras to show me vanished DoTs, which I casted on specific targets before. But it would be also great to have some kind of reminder telling me 2 or 3 seconds before dots vanish in order to recast them for nearly 100% uptime. Do you use such things or know a good addon?

By the way: Is it possible to see the uptime of dots directly after a fight? To see possible improvements?
    • Regarding Shadow Bolt or Drain Life spec:
      At the moment my home-latency is about 20 to 30 ms. My world latency varies from 50 ms to 180 ms, with emphasis on 180 ms. Does Drain Life still be better than the SB spec? I remember to have read something about SB being better when overall latency is above 150 ms, but I am not sure

Thanks for your patience

Ama
    1. Uptime: I personally use Forte, but it's quite a pain to configure it all cool. I think you should simply search arround to stuff to your liking. When you just started it's always gonna be rather frustrating to keep your dots up in heavy movement fights (e.g. Atramedes airphase), but on a certain moment, after much practice, you will get the flow and automaticly feel when you miss a dot on the target or when it's gonna run out, since it's always gonna be the same ammount of seconds afterall ^^.

2. Uptime tracking: 50/50. I figured recount has an option for DoT uptime, however I cannot guarantee if it works.

3. SB/DL specc: I have no clue about latency and influence on specc, ofcourse I can imagine SB would indeed be better on higher MS because DL is such a short cast. There's luckely more people then me reading this, who knows they might have the answer!