Dragon Nest(Nexon's new game to be)

So back in March myself and a bunch of friends attended PAX east. Much fun was had and many games were played. But one stood out more than most, and not just because of a cool shirt and an amazing raffle. Nexon, the creators of the popular Maple story and Vindictus has created a new online multiplayer game, and although it is very "anime" and final fantasy looking it was for sure the funnest game I played at PAX. Nearly all of my friends that attended also played and really enjoyed the game as well.
    The Beta applications are now up and I swiftly sent one in.
    Now let us discuss thoughts on this free to play pretty cute and fun game!

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/home/index

Also the shirt is my favorite <3

Reminds me of final fantasy Crystal chronicles or FF9. Can't really say anything about the game until it gets out of the closed beta anyways, and the trailer doesn't leave much to talk about. Out of all the class videos though I like the sorceress. I'll never go back to a class that sounds like it'll get forced into healing like pallys have in wow.
    Last edited by Evilmaniac; 2011-04-22 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Reminds me of final fantasy Crystal chronicles or FF9. Can't really say anything about the game until it gets out of the closed beta anyways, and the trailer doesn't leave much to talk about. Out of all the class videos though I like the sorceress. I'll never go back to a class that sounds like it'll get forced into healing like pallys have in wow.
    I played the sorceress and it was very interesting to say the least. The controls are fairly different from what I am used to.

I applyd for beta and will try it out. Thank you for making the thread never would of heard about it otherwise :P

Wish I could ask more on the class ability system. One of my favorite RPGs is Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 &2. It had many different classes with different stat balances. All human types could heal and use magic while some specialize on one side of the damage/Magic spectrum or the other. The Robots were power houses and could see traps, and once forces got to high levels they were gods who practically carried groups through everything using super power magic and spamming rare weapon specials that would devastate enemies. An there were so many weapon choices that were good for different occasions. And not to mention the mag system which was an alternate form of character leveling by stat buffing characters. If the the world had more depth to it the game probably would have been the perfect rpg ever.

I'm also looking forward to this game. I app'd for the closed beta also, fingers crossed xD

I tried it out, but the constant zoning started to frustrate me. The game doesn't have super long load times or anything, but there were quests requiring me to go back and forth between 2 zones like 5 or 6 times in succession on multiple occasions. They're not even really zones, they're more like mini-zones in between zones. You walk a few steps... zone. Walk a few more steps... zone. I'm not sure if it gets any better, but I sure as heck didn't like that as part of a beginning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Wish I could ask more on the class ability system. One of my favorite RPGs is Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 &2. It had many different classes with different stat balances. All human types could heal and use magic while some specialize on one side of the damage/Magic spectrum or the other. The Robots were power houses and could see traps, and once forces got to high levels they were gods who practically carried groups through everything using super power magic and spamming rare weapon specials that would devastate enemies. An there were so many weapon choices that were good for different occasions. And not to mention the mag system which was an alternate form of character leveling by stat buffing characters. If the the world had more depth to it the game probably would have been the perfect rpg ever.
    I loved Phantasy star also. From what I saw the system wasn't very similar to phantasy star but it felt like a mix of many things I have played.

I am glad you guys are happy I posted this lol

As for the constant zoning. It was A little annoying but I didn't see it as a huge deal. If anyone has played Vindictus this game plays a bit like that(makes sense same company) But for some reason this game feels less grindy and blah and I don't really know why. I did not enjoy vindictus as much as this.

Let me guess it will be US only and EU don't get a look as per usual because they are a shit poor company! zing.

I had heard about this game a while ago (before Nexon announced it) and was interested in it from the start. Will try it, but the fact that Nexon America is the company behind it already saps a lot of the hope I have of it being a good game. Nexon America tends to ruin every game it gets its claws on.

The story is written in a very amateur way, but that could just be because english isn't their first language. Game looks like it could be kinda fun, but it looks more like a hack-n-slash than an mmo.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 09:02 AM ----------

I could not get the passport signup to work. Every time I tried it would tell me the verification code was wrong, but I made sure it wasn't.