Poll: Do you like water?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The taste of water

I was drinking a glass of water today and I started to think about the taste of water. I mean, it doesn't really have a taste, does it?
    Sometimes I hear people say: ''Ah.. I love the taste of water!'' and then I think: ''Hm, it doesn't really have a taste in my opinion.''

So what do you guys think? Does water have a flavor, and do you like (drinking) water or not?

Water is pretty much all I drink. does it have a taste? not really. but I guess how refreshing it can be is what people describe when they talk about it.

Unless you have some dirty tap water then it tastes like nothing.

The reason people say that is because they're either really thirsty or have an increadibly dry mouth at that moment, and thus the water gets a very good taste as it solves this problem sorta...yea...

the water that comes out of my fridge tastes like plastic or something so i dont drink water out of the fridge at my house. and yes the filter is fresh. i guess whatever the water comes out, it kinda drags the essence of its surroundings with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    My tap water tastes like burning plastic with lemon. Mmmmmm

Deleted
    actually it does have a taste ... depending on what minerals it contains ...
    e.g. hard water (alot of lime) tastes disgusting ...
    or: once i drank from the pipe in great britain ... they clean their water with chlorine ... disgusting too ^^
    last but not least: i come from southern styria. we have clean and clear drink water ... that's a great taste !
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2011-04-24 at 08:09 PM.

Water is king of all refreshments.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    the water that comes out of my fridge tastes like plastic or something so i dont drink water out of the fridge at my house. and yes the filter is fresh. i guess whatever the water comes out, it kinda drags the essence of its surroundings with it.
    Ah yeah, I forgot that in some countries like the USA etc tap water is mixed with chlorine so you can't really drink it. Here in Holland it isn't mixed with the water so we can just directly drink it

10+ Year Old Account
    Water has no taste, you taste all of the minerals and bacteria in the water, also , the taste of what your drinking out of impacts it, i'll drink water from a plastic cup, but Styrofoam water is nastay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheros View Post
    Ah yeah, I forgot that in some countries like the USA etc tap water is mixed with chlorine so you can't really drink it. Here in Holland it isn't mixed with the water so we can just directly drink it

... I drink tap water every day. It just TASTES nasty. Colder it is, the less you taste it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about in Europe, but in the US municipal water "tastes" horrible. Where I live, it often tastes of chlorine accompanied by a hint of metallic aftertaste. I grew up on rural well water, though, which tastes like water ought to taste: like the aquifer or spring it came from. Slightly minerally (from the minerals found naturally in the ground), no aftertaste. Sometimes a little sediment in the bottom of the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    ... I drink tap water every day. It just TASTES nasty. Colder it is, the less you taste it.
    Really? From what I have heard it can make you sick and give you a stomach ache etc.

Deleted
    I got a friend of mine who can't dare to taste water cuz she think it tastes like blood... Got issues, Think so.

Up here in north on the winter it's so cold u can't drink it right away,

I think really cold water tastes nasty,
    And medium is perfect,

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Christchurch, NZ. Best water in the world.. its from the mountains, its fresh and cold... its amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Fodjo View Post
    I got a friend of mine who can't dare to taste water cuz she think it tastes like blood... Got issues, Think so.

Up here in north on the winter it's so cold u can't drink it right away,

I think really cold water tastes nasty,
    And medium is perfect,
    Cold water tastes really good in my opinion! Although, I suppose the water up there in the north may be far colder than what I'm used to.

Water does have a taste... It tastes like Kool-Aid without the mix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheros View Post
    Really? From what I have heard it can make you sick and give you a stomach ache etc.
    Depends on where you live. In some countries you REALLY don't want to drink tap water (and that's not just third world countries, also several European ones), and in some countries you just drink it.

Water definately has a taste.

Buxton water is the best imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    of course water has a taste... try different sorts of fresh ground water, e.g. vittel and others. there is a difference in taste, caused by clarity, the ground where it's from, the filling part in factories etc.

Deleted
    Bottled water tastes different from tap water, and tap water can vary if there's something iffy with the pipes, so... Cold water actually does taste a bit different from warm water imo as well.