Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "blizzard: We have no plans to introduce tanking heirloom" - Community reaction: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
    "blizzard: We are introducing tanking heirlooms" - Community reaction: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

ppl these days.... -_-

Sure you can tank with DPS heirlooms. You can also drive a car with your feet if you want, but that doesn't make it a good idea if you have the option of using your hands.

I have three arguments against heirlooms in general.

1. Leveling is too fast for my tastes already. (Opinion)

2. They trivialize the leveling dungeon drops/faction rewards/pvp rewards up to cata content (Opinion+Fact)

3. People bitch about anything to do with heirlooms on both sides all the time... (Fact)

Whatever they do they will be uber failures to around half of the active playerbase... In spite of my arguments against them i have many myself... Why? because it makes leveling alts painless... not just the xp gains, but the fact that i can carry most of the big slots till at least 78-80 including enchants... i just don't have to think about it... All this mess about tanking vs. dps heirlooms really doesn't matter in the least, they are doing it. Will they make a significant difference in the leveling instance experience? i doubt very seriously that it will until cata 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    This is wrong. It's actually a standard part of the DK class to intentionally take magic damage to generate runic power. Go read some guides. The only situations where you don't intentionally take magic damage are situations where you either take enough already (such as Cho'gall) or situations where you cannot take magic damage at all (like Saurfang).

In leveling dungeons, you never have to worry about it because the mobs will never be threatening. Why is this so hard to understand? What is so hard to understand about the fact that a ret pally using righteous fury can easily tank a 5 man leveling dungeon because the damage intake is already minimal? I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp. It seems absolutely simple to me.

Mastery is mitigation, not avoidance. Avoidance == avoiding a hit completely. Mitigation == removing a portion of the damage. You don't even know the basics bro! You don't even understand the basic tanking terminology! Why do you think you can argue against me when you have no knowledge of this topic?
    No. No it's not.

It's part of the DK class to do so WHEN IT IS SAFE. That meant every encounter, in wrath. In cata, it generally means farm content. I have never once seen our DKs dive into fire to get more rp when doing heroic content. To do so means death.

Mastery is avoidance. Depending on class, of course. I do count block as avoidance rather than mitigation - if it was 100%, it'd be mitigation. Since it's not, you avoid some of the attack on an % basis, making it avoidance.

As for "ret pali in a 5 man with rf", try doing that in a cata normal. You will get stomped, laughed at, then kicked to the curb for the failure you are. And yes, that IS a leveling dungeon still. As well, some of the mobs in BC dungeons can stomp any non-tank simply because the pulls are so big. Wrath is piss-easy, you could probably have a mage tank them.

What seems absolutely clear to me is that you're talking classic dungeons only. Classic dungeons can get away with murder - you don't need a healer OR a tank for them. Then things start ramping up to where you need a TANK, not a dps subbing in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    Don't speak for me, I am glad tanking heirlooms are being put in.
    I'm buying 'em, even if it were for the fact i got bored of the dps ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Counter your points? Don't be so full of yourself. You didn't make any points. That was the reason behind my comment.[COLOR="red"]
    I didn't? So even tho everyone can see you're garbage ass characters and see for a 100% fact that you're not an expert of anything you still dodge everything you don't agree with by saying some random "im smart, ur dumb" comment.

You are pathetic.

Because you touch yourself at night,that's why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Warriors receive rage from avoiding attacks now...
    Warriors recieve rage from 2 (+1 talented) source.
    1) Direct damage
    2) White attacks
    3) Blocks

Block = Mitigation =/= Avoidance

Because plate Heirloom gear looks stupid, and the New tanking ones look cool. That's why.

Nah, you just don't know what your tanks are doing. They aren't telling you that they are wearing a belt with hit and expertise, they are already wearing it.
    no, they are not.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    What it sounds like is you have a problem with rage generation. Why can't you generate enough rage wearing the gear you're suppose to? Other warrior tanks seem to do it just fine. And same with bears. You talk about survival and avoidance which reduces damage is key to survival. You may need to make sure you know your spell priorities because if you aren't finding opportunities to rage dump then you're doing it wrong.
    Uhhh that's wrong. Every tanking board I post on, tanks wear dps gear in 5 mans because without Vengeance stacking, missing a single attack is the difference between holding threat and not holding threat when your dps is actually competent.

And it's not just rage tanks. It's all tanks. Even DKs and paladins have threat issues. Especially paladins. In fact, I haven't met a paladin tank that can hold threat off my dk dps yet.

Deleted
    You don't even know the basics bro! You don't even understand the basic tanking terminology! Why do you think you can argue against me when you have no knowledge of this topic?
    HERP DERP I has 1/13, you only have 8/13. 8 is less than 1, right? Haha, you have no knowledge or experience, you can't argue against me! I obviously am the best expert out there!

D'oh. Seriously, stop trying to look smart. You prove no valid points, your "tank leveling Experiece" amounts to leveling a tank 2 expansions ago - or at least that's all you are using as proof in your arguments. The moment you said that taking more damage on purpose can be feasible for a tank at any point was when you lost the little shred of credibility you had.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I didn't? So even tho everyone can see you're garbage ass characters and see for a 100% fact that you're not an expert of anything you still dodge everything you don't agree with by saying some random "im smart, ur dumb" comment.

You are pathetic.
    My characters aren't garbage though. Why do you keep saying that? I still know many people that struggle with downing Magmaw on normal. In fact, the majority of people have never even killed a Cata raid boss. You do know this, right? You haven't become so out of touch with most WoW players that you don't know anything about what's been going down since Cata was released, have you? Sure seems like you have.

Again, you've posted nothing worth responding to. It's like you don't even know what this thread is about. You're just babbling. It's a bit depressing actually. You think this is how people argue?

Quote Originally Posted by kimchii View Post
    Well see, the OP feels like he knows more about tanking than anyone.
    And your first sentence is obviously false and a direct indication that you don't know how to read.
    You just lost all credibility you didn't really have to start with. Why? Because you said this:

You are speaking to someone that is an absolute expert at leveling tanks. No one out there has more knowledge than me about leveling tanks.
    You CLEARLY do think you're better than anyone else, because you said so yourself. Then, when called out on it, you try to deny having said that. I know this is a thread you started, but get the hell out. You're clearly nothing but a jerk who doesn't have the balls to give a valid argument. "I'm right because I SAY I'M RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG." Is not a valid argument. Sorry.

By the by, try getting some real raid content down before talking shit like that. Bane of the Fallen King? Come back when you have Blackwing's Bane or Dragonslayer.

To stay mildly on topic. Tanking Heirlooms are useful to a point. In vanilla dungeons any idiot in leather or above can just about tank because the mobs are tuned so weakly (I ended up doing this a lot on my rogue because I am an aggrowhore). Starting somewhere around halfway through the trash before the first boss of Ramps, however, mobs start to hit hard enough that anyone without semi-proper tanking plate is going to get themself turned into a fine red paste, along with the rest of their group (also learned the hard way). Especially once you get into Wotlk and Cata dungeons - even on normal difficulty.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    I like the idea! Can make ppl lvling as tank and actualy train theyr spec!

A question off topic, will be possible to mail heirlooms to other realms or only accts?

Have you said anything worth reading yet?
    Have you said anything other than the same "TANKING HEIRLOOMS ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE IM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME" yet?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Uhhh that's wrong. Every tanking board I post on, tanks wear dps gear in 5 mans because without Vengeance stacking, missing a single attack is the difference between holding threat and not holding threat when your dps is actually competent.

And it's not just rage tanks. It's all tanks. Even DKs and paladins have threat issues. Especially paladins. In fact, I haven't met a paladin tank that can hold threat off my dk dps yet.
    You do know I addressed this, right?

When I said at a certain gear level, subbing in hit + expertise helps threat?

Except you don't get raiding gear in leveling, so that point doesn't come for leveling. Additionally, you can get one-two pieces of hit and still wear the tanking hierlooms just fine if you find you absolutely have to have the hit/ expertise

Deleted
    From the little I've managed to understand from the blues posts, it only stated that you can transfer them to another WoW accounts inside the Battle.net account, nothing said about cross-realm mail... Could be wrong, and wouldn't be the 1st time either.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    HERP DERP I has 1/13, you only have 8/13. 8 is less than 1, right? Haha, you have no knowledge or experience, you can't argue against me! I obviously am the best expert out there!

D'oh. Seriously, stop trying to look smart. You prove no valid points, your "tank leveling Experiece" amounts to leveling a tank 2 expansions ago - or at least that's all you are using as proof in your arguments. The moment you said that taking more damage on purpose can be feasible for a tank at any point was when you lost the little shred of credibility you had.
    Nice attempt at saving face. I just wrecked your post man. Of COURSE tanks try and take more damage to tank 5 mans better. They've been doing this for years! This is obvious! If you don't know this, then you don't know anything about tanking. In Wrath, I would actually "tank" my daily 5 man in ret spec. Or I would stay a tank and my healer would go dps. We would never do 3 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. We would do 4 dps and 1 tank or 4 dps and one healer. Why? Because the damage input was too low to be threatening.

We are almost at that point in Cata heroic 5 mans. We've always been at that point in leveling 5 mans. Durp.

Could it be that those tanking heirlooms serve a deeper purpose than stats alone. Making the available as a tanking set seems like a convenient subliminal way of teaching young and up coming tanks (I'm not talking about the MMO guru's leveling their millionth alt) about gearing in the endgame as well. Chew on that one for a while.