Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have 3 large dogs, and a cat. Go me! Yay for you for generalizing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Nomnomnomnom, flames.

Don't people that prefer the loyalty of dogs and to not be judged by animals seem a little... control-obsessed? I don't know but this far the only thing I agree with is the bunny's comment. I'm a green-ideologist so I bet my love for all sorts of life could be far more than many people's single love for one or many specific species.

But hey! This is about YOUR personality and values, not about your pet. I'm just analyzing people's awesome view and defence of their beloved domestical animals while they give a shit about other animals. So yeah, from what I've read in this thread so far there I can still point out control-obsessed, nonchalant, traditional and one-in-a-million simple people. There is indeed something interesting about small details... Oh, and yaaaay for the cat+dog owners, you must have a big heart.
    I dont remember anyone in this thread mentioning that they ONLY like dogs/cats and dislike all other animals. And YOU are the one comparing what type of pets people own to their personalities. You can of course think what you want to think though.

7 snakes
    11 chameleons
    7 geckos
    1 dog

Do your worst!

Deleted
    It's true that you can't judge a someone's personality by simply looking what pets they own, but at least you get a hint. And for your information, people, judging others because of their prejudges is just hypocrite. I mean c'mon. And for those that have many kinds of pets there is always a favorite you like the most in zoo, right? And of course, it's a lot harder to take care of multiple animals and treat them right, so you might be the first ones to go down even though you feel you broke the prejudge by showing off all your pokemons.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    lets just hope the OP never has any kids...
    Yeah, I don't want your genes and pedagogical methods to look bad in front of humanity.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-26 at 06:27 AM.

If you take every stereo type made for cat owners, then put them towards me (a cat owner), I'm afraid it'd be dead on. Goal is to have 20 cats and to be crazy by age 50. 1 cat and counting... it'll be a slow journey but well worth it in the end!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I said it on my first post and even the title says "prejudges", so I'm aware of what you're trying to teach me. And I'm glad that you consider yourself as an animal-friends, since we need more of those in these modern days. And I have no problem against prejudges as long as they do not cause any harm to any creature both psychologic and physic. Chances are earned, not given.
    chances are earned not given, but someone is not able to earn because you "cast them aside" on what little you know about them
    2) I like the cats because they can take care of themselves. If something happens to the owner and he/she isn't home for a long time, the cat will try to leave and survive while the dog would starve and rott. I just pity dogs and all animals that don't have the opportunity to survive by themselves. It has nothing to do with me not being willingly to take care of them, I just don't waste my feelings on something that is too delicate.
    so you like an animal that you don't need to care for/look after? I don't think people who own cats think "I know, I'll get a cat so I can ignore it, because it'll look after itself .... cats may have more independence, but as a pet owner, the type of independence you seem to be referring to is akin to abandonment

3) Hm, yeah. I can "throw prejudges" on you for such "little thing" as owning a dog. Though, being responsible for a life isn't something little at all. Now where did those 25 years of loving and caring go when you made such statement to degrade an animal's life to "little thing".
    i think it speaks of what kind of person you are to think i'd speak in such context

owning an animal is a little thing, not because the animal is not loved etc, when you look at what someone is, they're funny, attractive, happy, outgoing, they have political views, religious views, they have hobbies, things they enjoy or dislike

the way you are talking is "hmm, she owns a dog, I won't bother getting to know her, i know what she's like already", wheras i, dog or not would prefer to get to know the person, talk with her, learn about her, and her dog (or cat/snake/whatever)

owning an animal is a "little" part of someone's lifelong set of traits and virtues, but it seems to be a small part you are overly fixated upon the negative of

on the whole, from what I've read, I'd think such a woman as owns/likes a dog is probably lucky you've no interest in them, you seem to fixated on negative aspects of something you don't have the liking for to extremes

I myself dislike smoking, but i don't shun people who smoke, sure, I don't hang around them when they're smoking, but i value them as both human beings and friends (or potential) friends, smoking is a small part of who they are, but looking past that, they're a great person

perfect never has and never will exists in the eyes of anyone, but you're casting aside so many potentially nice people because of a little (yes i said little again) thing such as owning an animal

/rant over, OP is prejudice and sought for us to agree with him, for whatever reasons, if he'd have made this post about black people, or Chinese, or Jews or anything else (sorry for seeming to play a race card), it would have had completely different replies, when this is exactly the same thing, dividing people into a subset and disliking them because of that, and unless such subset was that of, for example, murderers/paedophiles, then any action (be it the none action of not even liking someone) is just as bad

erm, kinda went off on a tangent, but yeah .. hmm

Deleted
    Dawg, I'm not liking where you try to lead this discussion. Similarities with racism? I was talking about if it's right/somehow accurate to judge people by the kind of pet (race, behavior, health) they have from the first post and you and the " BLASPHEMER! TAKE HIM!" people with forks and torches are trying to make this thread a "us Vs. the OP" thing. That's a bad sign :'3

And just because an attractive and charismatic woman owns a dog doesn't mean that I won't care to get to know her, but I won't want anything serious since 98% of the girls with dogs (in this case) I've met in Scandinavia are arrogant and boring like lonely 40-year-old hags. And it would be awesome if I met someone that broke that prejudge I have. But I haven't been that lucky yet, even though I'm really open to any kind of people I'm just trying to look for a person with a pet that isn't lame (from my prejudged point of view) and all I get are stupid answers of persons that obviously are easly offended. You are right, it's stupid to judge by simply looking at the pet's qualities. But but but but yeah, hurray for a world with prejudges!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I have 3 large dogs, and a cat. Go me! Yay for you for generalizing people.
    Black lab, white Klee Kai, and white 'mongrel' cat! I guess we're just schitzophrenic

I don't judge a person by the pet they own but I definitely will judge a person by how well that animal is taken care of, the way they treat it, and how the animal behaves. These are all things the person has complete control over and if they can't handle them then they shouldn't have the animal in the first place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't judge a person by the pet they own but I definitely will judge a person by how well that animal is taken care of, the way they treat it, and how the animal behaves. These are all things the person has complete control over and if they can't handle them then they shouldn't have the animal in the first place imo.
    I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. Oh and Eliandal, want to see pic of the Klee Kai!

Dawg, I'm not liking where you try to lead this discussion. Similarities with racism?

And just because an attractive and charismatic woman owns a dog doesn't mean that I won't care to get to know her, but I won't want anything serious since 98% of the girls with dogs ..........are arrogant and boring like lonely 40-year-old hags.
    Nothing like Racism at all. You're not looking at a person and automatically assuming something about them, and forming a negative opinion about them before getting to know them.

I mean, you're not doing that at all. /rollseyes

Ever hear the expression "Don't judge a book by it's cover." ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Nothing like Racism at all. You're not looking at a person and automatically assuming something about them, and forming a negative opinion about them before getting to know them.

I mean, you're not doing that at all. /rollseyes

Ever hear the expression "Don't judge a book by it's cover." ?
    Wow, you just cut everything else and focused on just those words. Is that how today's journalists do it? You didn't even bother to undestand. Why do some people even try...

Moving on. Nothing interesting nor important...

Wow, you just cut everything else and focused on just those words. Is that how today's journalists do it? You didn't even bother to undestand. Why do some people even try...

Moving on. Nothing interesting nor important...
    You pretty much said, you'd be open, IF girls with dogs were different, HOWEVER 98% of them are, arrogant, boring, and lonely, like 40 year old hags.

Who are you to make such a far-fetched and repulsive generalization of 98% of women.

"I'm just trying to look for a person with a pet that isn't lame"

That part gets me everytime...

Looking at the animal Type ( not health ect) and forming an opinion on the person is kinda weird. It's like all men who own small dogs are gay.
    Look at American Staffordshire Terriers, Folks almost all ways think something shady is up with the owner or the dog is going to attack at any second.
    In my time in SF I saw a lot of dog owner insanity. My personal opinion is a lil skewed because I have seen folks get way out of hand over dog friendly space/the rite to have a dog in a comercial building and have been perched on by the random african grey parrot while at rite-aid.
    People are people and yea they can imprint their psychological issues on their pets but thats them not the pets.

Edit: My shep-collie sits at the dinner table, eats salad, and if you scold her she looks at you and makes some weird mocking halfbark/gurgle-yawn sound I guess thats crazy too eh?
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-04-26 at 05:45 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I own a cat & a dog. BOOM!

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    I own a cat & a dog. BOOM!
    Seek help friend!

:P

15+ Year Old Account
    OP, that is just absurd, and you have to know it. Cat owners more open-minded than dog owners? If you choose your friends based on whether or not they have dogs... wow. You are as close-minded as you apparently see all dog owners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    You pretty much said, you'd be open, IF girls with dogs were different, HOWEVER 98% of them are, arrogant, boring, and lonely, like 40 year old hags.

Who are you to make such a far-fetched and repulsive generalization of 98% of women.

"I'm just trying to look for a person with a pet that isn't lame"

That part gets me everytime...
    no, u'r doing it wrong. he said that he thinks that 98% of the girls he met (past) r stupid, even though he continues to be open (present). that would mean that he is anxious to notice something "positive" on those dog owners he meets (future). the only thing u, breyers, r doing is to increase his irritation against dog owners if u r one. still i feel like u r trolling, since u misinterpreted everything and keep flaming.

also "who are you to..." talk is just a pathetic and stupid ancient phrase. do u believe in a higher power or something to think that an individual dont have the power to do/think/feel/judge whatever he/she wants? this is a free continent, yaooo

Quote Originally Posted by Procadin View Post
    no, u'r doing it wrong. he said that he thinks that 98% of the girls he met (past) r stupid, even though he continues to be open (present). that would mean that he is anxious to notice something "positive" on those dog owners he meets (future). the only thing u, breyers, r doing is to increase his irritation against dog owners if u r one. still i feel like u r trolling, since u misinterpreted everything and keep flaming.

also "who are you to..." talk is just a pathetic and stupid ancient phrase. do u believe in a higher power or something to think that an individual dont have the power to do/think/feel/judge whatever he/she wants? this is a free continent, yaooo

Perhaps he should say "Wow, it sucks that a large portion of Scandinavian women I meet are Boring, Arrogant, and share similarities with lonely 40 year old hags."

It has nothing to do with the pet they own, that is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Also, "Free continent" = Free to be prejudice? I guess you believe the KKK are fine being racist and hating/discrimnating against everybody who isn't White?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't judge people based on what pets they own. As an animal lover, I've owned both a dog and a cat and any potential suitors must like dogs and at least tolerate horses to have a chance with me because they're a large part of my life, and I would not give up either for any human being - especially a guy. While I love nearly all animals, I find - in my experience - dogs to be better companions than cats. I'm not saying cats are not good companions, not at all, I'm just saying that I've known more fun dogs than cats.

The generalizations you make about dog owners compared to cat owners, as well as female dog owners, are absurd and outlandish. The fact that you've only ever known arrogant and boring women has nothing to do with the fact that they own dogs. I may at times be arrogant when dealing with somebody that cannot be handled by any other means because they suck, and the fact that I am generally untalkative and not interested in most of the the typical social activities of the 18-14 age range may qualify me as being 'boring.' That has 100% nothing to do with my dog. I own a fun, active breed and I embrace it in ways that are unique to me and my dog.

I may slightly prefer dog people and horse people because I have more in common with them than cat people or people with no pets, but I do not judge their character based on what pet they own.

That would be stupid.