Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Fire or arcane 4.1 ?

Have anyone done some testing ? What is best now ? arcane or fire ?
    And if arcane what is the rotation ?

obviously fire mage dps arcane for going when dps high rotation, full arcane movement large boss raiding fire wins does less dps.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2011-04-27 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Just me who had huuge problems following that? Looks like you just smashed a bunch of words in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not do both?
    "I may as well jump"
    Anyone who recognises it is awesome

Deleted
    For raiding i think that fire will be better on some bosses like chogall because we need the aoe and dragons breath

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    obviously fire mage dps arcane for going when dps high rotation, full arcane movement large boss raiding fire wins does less dps.
    Total Fail.

Tested Arcane last night on a dummy in Org. Was able to pull a constant 15-17k DPS over about 4min. Sub-par geared. iLVL353.

What rotation did you use ?

Deleted
    Well arcane is better for boss's were u have short time to do dmg cuz arcane has massive Burn phase.. in the breaks of the boss fight u use the time to reg as much mana as possible...
    Fire is the best for Aoe and okay for normal dps, but u have to watch ur mana aswell...
    But im mainly Ice on my mage and I do very good dps on single target no mather if its a moving boss fight or standing still, and never have to think about my mana running out... which is a nice thing.!

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    What rotation did you use ?
    Use Arcane Missiles when you need mana?

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

fire mage dps arcane for going when dps high rotation full arcane movement large boss raiding fire wins does less dps.
    Please start punctuating, what you wrote really doesnt make a whole lot of sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    11111111111111111111111111111111111111111121111111 1111111111111111111112.
    Use Arcane Missiles when you need mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Merely a Setback View Post
    Saw that video when it came out. It made my day, and I showed everyone i knew, even those who don't play WoW. +10 internets to you for showing it to me again.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

Quote Originally Posted by Omegasupreme View Post
    Please start punctuating, what you wrote really doesnt make a whole lot of sense
    why? if you try have sense to fully check read over my post making perfect sense and once read after again.

why? if you try have sense to fully check read over my post making perfect sense and once read after again.
    English isn't your first language is it... Trust me, as a native english speaker, your first post made zero sense, and your second wasn't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    English isn't your first language is it... Trust me, as a native english speaker, your first post made zero sense, and your second wasn't much better.
    i have been born in english dont talk sense post everyone sees it before written.

understand it.

Deleted
    Yeah sorry, it's worded awfully.

Right, here's how I see it:

Changes to Arcane have only come in the form of CAST-TIME reduction. Effectively, this means that the DPS will be higher than it previously was, however it will also be less sustainable as mana issues have no beet addressed, A key feature of this build.

So what does this mean? Well, Arcane will now be much more viable on fights which involve a degree of movement, but not large amounts like Al'Akir. This is because DPS can be thrown out in large quantities when you have the opportunity to, and your mana regeneration / CD's tick down during the periods when you cannot (i.e. during movement) - thereby allowing for other nukes when the time is right.

Either way whatever specc will vary massively from fight to fight.

I'd recommend you have one talent specc as your main, and the other as your offspec. Inbetween bosses, you will need to neogitate with your RL to teleport to SW and reforge your gear so it complements your specc optimally for the next boss, only to be summoned back. There are a few addons out there which 'save' your reforge status on gear (similar to WoW gear sets in the character menu) and will make that a process which shouldnt take longer than a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Yeah sorry, it's worded awfully.

Right, here's how I see it:

Changes to Arcane have only come in the form of CAST-TIME reduction. Effectively, this means that the DPS will be higher than it previously was, however it will also be less sustainable as mana issues have no beet addressed, A key feature of this build.

So what does this mean? Well, Arcane will now be much more viable on fights which involve a degree of movement, but not large amounts like Al'Akir. This is because DPS can be thrown out in large quantities when you have the opportunity to, and your mana regeneration / CD's tick down during the periods when you cannot (i.e. during movement) - thereby allowing for other nukes when the time is right.

Either way whatever specc will vary massively from fight to fight.

I'd recommend you have one talent specc as your main, and the other as your offspec. Inbetween bosses, you will need to neogitate with your RL to teleport to SW and reforge your gear so it complements your specc optimally for the next boss, only to be summoned back. There are a few addons out there which 'save' your reforge status on gear (similar to WoW gear sets in the character menu) and will make that a process which shouldnt take longer than a minute.
    silly. i never meet those respect under minute

speak me awful wording but paragraphs long of nothing truth?

i have been born in english dont talk sense post everyone sees it before written.

understand it.

Comedy gold

On topic, I will wait for more evidence from EJ before deciding which way to go in 4.1.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Just me who had huuge problems following that? Looks like you just smashed a bunch of words in there.
    No. It was, infact, the most retarded sentance ever written.

EDIT: Correction:

understand it.
    and

silly. i never meet those respect under minute

speak me awful wording but paragraphs long of nothing truth?
    trump the previously most retarded sentances.