Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Sylvanas the only female who does anything? (lore)

I'm sure you know who this is, Lady Sylvanas Widnrunner. The Queen of the Forsaken, the strongest dark ranger, and the only woman in World of Warcraft capable of functioning without a man. She might not look like the friendlist person in the world, but she is an undead after all..

Now we have introductions out of the way, I would like to inform you of the few things this woman has been doing since the cataclysm. Personally leading her army into gilneas, crashing down on them and only retreating after killing their prince and a midnight 7th legion raid. Leading her army in silverpine, beating the entire Alliance somehow and managing to secure the "valkyr"'s loyalty.. to the point where even a bullet in the head cant keep her out of the picture. Riding through her land firing arrows into worgen's heads. She reappears in the plaguelands and steals Koltira deathweaver for kinky stuff and to make him less of a pushover "beneath the undercity".

Now I'd like to throw you some other names. Tyrande Whisperwind, who after seven years of afking in her temple has managed to LEAVE IT.. with the help of her superman husband who shows up everywhere.

Jaina proudmoore, who was turned into a crying wreck after varian got shoehorned into ICC.. and seems to have forgotten that hes not her king... theramore (the country you lead) is equal to stormwind in the Alliance... so you know.. she then disappears into thin air after babysitting Andurin in the shattering. Hm.

Lady liadrin, who once was this sortof badass female paladin who stole the light and had 1 mill HP in tbc. Not sure what happened to her actually but im sure shes been wubbified and given a male to do her job.

I'm just saying. The only female in this entire storyline with any independence or decent input isnt even alive.

Why?

Deleted
    Because the most important thing for Sylvanas is to survive together with the forsaken, and she will do anything she can to make sure. also she is very powerfull and has probably one of the biggest army at her command. also she has to make up for the deaths of the orcs at the wrathgate incident.

Sylvanas is strong and has been through alot, the other females u named are just carebears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lady Proudmore (sp) has done quite a bit too in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Now I'd like to throw you some other names. Tyrande Whisperwind, who after seven years of afking in her temple has managed to LEAVE IT.. with the help of her superman husband who shows up everywhere.
    So I take it you missed the battle against Eranikus in Moonglade prior to the opening of the AQ gates?
    Jaina proudmoore, who was turned into a crying wreck after varian got shoehorned into ICC.. and seems to have forgotten that hes not her king... theramore (the country you lead) is equal to stormwind in the Alliance... so you know.. she then disappears into thin air after babysitting Andurin in the shattering. Hm.
    Theramore is not a nation and it sure as shit is not equal to Stormwind.
    Lady liadrin, who once was this sortof badass female paladin who stole the light and had 1 mill HP in tbc. Not sure what happened to her actually but im sure shes been wubbified and given a male to do her job.
    Lady Liadrin did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

She was appointed leader of the blood knights and yet all she did was meet with A'dal and other members of the Sha'tar and Shattered Sun Offensive.
    I'm just saying. The only female in this entire storyline with any independence or decent input isnt even alive.

Why?
    Alexstrasza, Ysera, Therazane, Magatha Grimtotem, Vanessa VanCleef, etc.

There are strong female characters in Warcraft. They can't all be doing everything at the same time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lady Liadrin for Blood Elf leader.

That chick was pretty cool (and hot). It's too bad Blizz seems to forget about 90% of the characters they introduce.

According to Blizzard the only woman who's good for anything is a dead woman.

P.S. Blizzard is sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The way I see things, the major females of wow are like this:

Jaina: Boo too Arthas! I'mma be friend with Thrall for little bit, while I'm glued to Varian

Tyrande: boo hoo Malfurion, /afk for years

Ysera + Alex: Lets get shit done. Our knucklehead brothers have been screwing around for too long.

Sylvanas: /rage WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! GET OUT THERE AND KILL SHIT!

For the most part, WoW female major characters don't really have as much meaningful GIRL POWER! limelight as males do, except Sylvanas and more recently Alexstraza and Ysera
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-04-27 at 07:30 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Unholy said, it's not quite that bad. Everyone you listed has been active enough at one point or another. Give or take Tyrande.

Though as the most awesome racial leader, Sylvanas would probably appreciate chilling out and passing the conflict ball to someone else...

If you go into Sylvanas's room in Undercity, have your character lay down in the correct position under her dress, and point your camera angle up, you will learn the ultimate truth that explains all this.

Lemme just say... duct tape.

Deleted
    Alexstrasza is playing a pretty huge role in Cataclysm.

OP, your point is invalid.

Deleted
    wooh! SYLVANAS <3 the only female pride left in WoW. i love everything about her and the fact that being nice and good is overrated and unnecessary to be awesome and admirated. definitly one of the few original features of this game.

and Liadrin had personality, and still has, to take the leadership of silvermoon. atm im very disgusted by the strange and scattered loyalty among the blood elves. i hope blood elves get something important involving their leaders before high elves ruin the game's lore

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you read stormrage tyrande was pretty fucking crucial in defeating the nightmare, freeing Ysera and Malfurion and stoping staghelm. But hey because she likes to get dicked down by her man makes her a nobody in your feminist regime.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

What about Ysera, Alexstraza, and Garona? They have all been pretty active during Cata

Deleted
    Dunno why you even would bring up Dragon Aspects into the discussion, since its pretty much obvious that the OP is talking about Horde/Alliance females.

Wow players will complain about anything.

Feminists will complain about anything.

Put the two together, and the sky's the limit.

Seriously, there are other characters, you just seem to be ignoring them.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

....I'm just saying. The only female in this entire storyline with any independence or decent input isnt even alive.

Why?
    Srry OP but when you word it like that it's apparent you're view of the story is missing some rather noticeable chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Dunno why you even would bring up Dragon Aspects into the discussion, since its pretty much obvious that the OP is talking about Horde/Alliance females.
    "I'm just saying. The only female in this entire storyline with any independence or decent input isnt even alive."

10+ Year Old Account
    Garona, Ysera, Alexstrasza, Azshara, Earth Mother Therazane, Lady Vashj, Sinestra....

Elune....

I'm not running out of names.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Wow players will complain about anything.

Feminists will complain about anything.

Put the two together, and the sky's the limit.
    ROFL! Soooo funny

Deleted
    Actually, Jaina was broken more by the rejection of Arthas, the corruption of arthas, and the millions of lives taken by the Lich King. Varian Wrynn being in ICC is nothing in comparison, technically, he is still her king as Varian is leader of the alliance, like Garrosh is leader of the Horde!