Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Limited portals are back, LMFAO!!!

I guess they finally caved to the QQing. Gave a good excuse too...
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Wonder how long it'll take before the rest of the portals are back aswell, maybe even with the new Cata portals added aswell, lol.

yeah this deserves a thread

A single portal to your factions main city is fine and it should have been that way at the start. It was a hassle to level multiple alts and not have any portal at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this just as good as having ports to every major city in the game? They didnt cave into anything, they just gave a direct path back to SW or Org.

Go ahead and set your hearth back to Dalaran. Im sure you will be happy with the extra 30 seconds you spend when you take the portal back after hearthing there.

Yeah the excuse is just epic. About 90% of players were trying to figure out how the hell do they get out of Dala/Shatt since November and now they are experiencing a sudden urge to help those poor 10% that never logged since Cata launch

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    Yeah the excuse is just epic. About 90% of players were trying to figure out how the hell do they get out of Dala/Shatt since November and now they are experiencing a sudden urge to help those poor 10% that never logged since Cata launch
    I dunno about shat, but Dalaran's command board gave you a 1 time use hearthstone for org/stormwind once you hit 80.

Seems to me like half the playerbase complain that changes aren't made and the other half complain when they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet Control View Post
    A single portal to your factions main city is fine and it should have been that way at the start. It was a hassle to level multiple alts and not have any portal at all.
    This
    adding characters to make a post 10 long is stupid.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

87% of all statistics are made up 68% of the time.

Deleted
    Yes, ladies and gentlemen... We have now seen everything:
    This is a direct complaint about Blizzard listening to the community...

No, it's not. I leveled 2 to 80+ and basically you just take two trips instead of portals during all your way to 80 - a flight to Shatt at 58 and a zeppelin/boat to Northrend at 68, and that's all. You'll never need to set your hearth somewhere else while you're in that expansion lvl range just because you have all the trainers, bank and AH available there.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 08:28 AM ----------

Majority and minority instead of 80% and 20% if you like

I dont see the harm in this really...

I honestly think hanging out in org/sw will still be more valuable than dal/shatt. Portals to cataclysm zones are right in there and not in dal/shatt.

It was just more of a convenience thing and it is...very...convenient

Majority and minority instead of 80% and 20% if you like
    Fact remains that 87% of all statistics are made up 68% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiletpaper View Post
    Wonder how long it'll take before the rest of the portals are back aswell, maybe even with the new Cata portals added aswell, lol.
    I hope never. The portals and unlimited use of high speed flying mounts is one of the many reasons the game world itself is nearly dead. I think I saw one other player while I was leveling my huntard earlier today..... In 4 hours.....
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Fact remains that 87% of all statistics are made up 68% of the time.
    That's cool.
    You can copy it to a signature, you know, to avoid extra typing if all of your posts look this way.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Give more Bots to crowd the places! It is as above poster said, you won't find any players anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    78.7%, actually

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Yes, ladies and gentlemen... We have now seen everything:
    This is a direct complaint about Blizzard listening to the community...
    Don't you just love it? They complain when blizzard does and the complain when blizzard refuses to. I hate the youth of today =/

Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    Are you calclating on the metric system or the dewey decimal system?