Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hurdlers don't ask for the hurdles to be lowered; they jump higher.

Improve your game to match the skill requirements of the encounter.

Wrong boss lol

10+ Year Old Account
    the only time ive ever had trouble with him is when the group was melee heavy....if you have good ranged hes a cake walk imo

Quote Originally Posted by Eatfreshsub View Post
    Hes pretty easy, just have your healer stand in his totems and spam there fastest heal, if people still are about to die, huddle in the totem with them. The only boss I would consider hard is the hawk guy, its a bitch to do if all you have is melee.
    wai.. what?

Deleted
    Got him down today after 13 wipes. We just couldn't seem to get control over the adds in p2, and people were failing their body slams. Then, 14th attempt, magic happened. Not a single mistake, and we downed him. No agi staff or bow though. -_-'

Jin'do is easy... hide in bubble during shadows of hakkar p1, p2 have ranged kill any small adds going after healers, party gathers near the bubbles over the chains for the big guy to break them, dodge shadow crashes which move slow as shit, it's very easy. Get better and learn the fight. It's one of the easiest fights in the instance

if there was a way to control or even force the slams it wouldn't be so painful for the healer, but there isn't so suck it up and soldier on!

Deleted
    Joined with my mate, him healing me on a hunter and got stuck on that boss cause people couldn't move to the chains. in the end we let the other 2 DPS just die and it was a lot easier.

Deleted
    Well tips I can give. Take one big add per set of chains. After the first body slam nuke the big add to death regardless (even if someone screws up and the bodyslam misses) Your tank is free to gather up spirits while you leisurely bring down the chains without any pressing rush. First chains dead - get the next big add.

It's not about rushing, it's actually very easy to heal with no big damage if you just take your time.

And mark your healer and get them to stand still, it helps to pull adds off him as tank or dps, rather than him running around.

Deleted
    Had trouble on this boss for many reasons myself.

Main reason was the shades hitting my clothies for 27k ea and hitting my hunter for 14k ea. Second reason was the tank failing miserably. He never hit any of the small adds and never tried to get a big add. In the end whenever I joined a group i end up tagging a big add and screaming at the tank to pick it up before dying and being called a noob for doing something wrong.

Hell I even logged on today to give it one last shot, joined a group at dragonhawk in ZA and wiped. Other dps didnt do anything to the 2nd egg hatcher. One of them was an arcane mage who I yelled at for fucking up and he's like "I was doing 14k dps" and my reply was "14k dps? I did 17k dps and handled my adds like I was supposed to". I ragequit ¬_¬

Never pugging Zandalari again, not least for a few patches when everyone has enough welfare gear to get through the instance while they dribble on their keyboards.

Some people have said that it is incredibly easy and they have finished it in 1 to 3 attempts, others have wiped repeatedly and never finished. I have to wonder if there are some variables with the encounter that are maybe causing some randomness. Sometimes when doing jindo it seems like there are just a few shades and they are manageable, while other times it seems like they are spawning in hordes. Also their damage, sometimes they seem pretty light, but occasionally you get smacked for huge numbers. I was hit for 64k damage by one on my hunter. I was standing near a chain barrier and it spawned close, I shot it once and boom, was dead (had taken small chunks of damage earlier).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepres View Post
    Some people have said that it is incredibly easy and they have finished it in 1 to 3 attempts, others have wiped repeatedly and never finished. I have to wonder if there are some variables with the encounter that are maybe causing some randomness. Sometimes when doing jindo it seems like there are just a few shades and they are manageable, while other times it seems like they are spawning in hordes. Also their damage, sometimes they seem pretty light, but occasionally you get smacked for huge numbers. I was hit for 64k damage by one on my hunter. I was standing near a chain barrier and it spawned close, I shot it once and boom, was dead (had taken small chunks of damage earlier).
    Also keep in mind that the voids left by Body Slam increases damage taken by 100%.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Also keep in mind that the voids left by Body Slam increases damage taken by 100%.
    Yes I know, however I had not been anywhere near a body slam at this point

Only complaint is with Zanzil, as a druid tank, I find it very hard to tank him (as he is a caster) while running around clicking stuff.

We ended up 2 shotting it, on my alt druid who iirc is , 348 ilvl. And I believe we 3 shot Jindo.

This was with 3 dps pugs btw.

Also Vepres, the shades only have like 21k hp iirc? I have not had the chance to dps that fight yet but I cannot see how killing them would be too difficult?

I think the most common mistake that is made is the tank chain pulls the larger adds which doesn't allow for the healer to catch up on heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jin'do will just take time to get used to. Venoxxis is imo harder in the sense that there are more things to screw up and its harder to heal if ppl fail. Jin'do is very easy if people do what they're supposed to, which isn't very hard, it will just take a bit for everyone to get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had more trouble downing him with a guild group than I did with a PuG....kinda sad. The mechanics are easy once everyone knows what to do. At least having one melee for the Adds to keep them off the Healer is nice too.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

Deleted
    Had some problems on him on my Shaman healer, but I wouldn't say he is too hard to warrant a nerf.

First phase was cake, but i phase 2 I kept having adds on me 100% of the time and everytime hitting me from 25k to 50k crit. And on top of all they dazed me just to make fun of me while I tried to run away from them helplessly :| Oh how I wished I was still playing a pally with my delicious little bubble. Would've made everything so much easier.
    There were also sometimes me being one-shotted by something called "Voodoo Spirits" hitting for like 90k+ which I still have no idea where they came from.

In the end we managed to down him after around the 5th attempt.

Seriously, i even commented as we wiped and regrouped, "let's see how long this will take to get nerfed. I bet you alot of ppl will QQ".

so far, I've ran ZG twice. first time with a pug, we downed jin'do at our #11th. 2nd ZG run also with a pug, with the first tank we wipe 18x and second tank took us another 9 tries. Do I want it nerfed? TBH, no. I am a CASUAL player, and the encounter is sort of hard, yes. but i enjoyed it so much even with the huge bank breaking repair fee. I will be seriously sad if ZG get nerfed. This is a refreshing change from the drudgery of the nerfed cata heroics that has become like the mass crash and burn fest thats wotlk heroics.

Whoever that said "improved your game" is very much correct. Get some addon that helps, fix your UI so you can see better or IDK, change the way you move... maybe you are still keyboard turning? All these aspect upgrade your game so much and you will find the encounter easier afterwards.

And Zanzil for me is the easiest boss fight in there, it's mind blowing how many people that don't pay attention to when he's going to cast stuff and be prepared to run and click cauldrons. I hate Venoxis out of all the encounters.

So, don't be too quick to throw the towel in. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Pretty much this. Blizzard made these instances challenging for 346 players. Most guild runs and coordinations players will find this stuff trivial.

However, I don't think Jin'do should be nerfed. I will say he is the hardest 5 man boss in the cataclysm expansion so far. Great Job Blizzard.
    From a healer pov the first boss in ZG, Last boss in ZA seem the most difficult to heal everything else is a joke.
    Healing cat lady can be annoying on mana but I find it much better if I have all the pressure on me than some dps that will stand in posion clouds or casts so much on last boss in ZA they end up killing themselves pretty fast.
    Nothing needs nerfed its all killable.

Deleted
    I find Jin'do dissapointingly easy actually. There's not that much healing required and the amount of coordination isn't that huge either.