10+ Year Old Account
    1-0 detroit!

rofl, what a joke of a penalty on pavelski
    Last edited by Wooblez; 2011-04-30 at 03:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
    rofl, what a joke of a penalty on pavelski
    That was a both or neither situation, the refs obviously opted for both quite pointlessly.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 12:20 AM ----------

Great goal by Pavelski on a power play that shouldn't have existed thanks to another phantom boarding call in these playoffs. The players have learned to adapt to the new rules and milk the emphasis on boarding. If you're going to be hit, turn your body towards the boards and watch the refs give you a free power play. Worked for Montreal (and even got Lucic thrown out), worked for Phoenix, worked for San Jose.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 12:24 AM ----------

Yay another penalty on a completely sold phantom penalty.

they think this is soccer? wtf trying to milk everything

15+ Year Old Account
    Mickey Redmond quote of the day "Tonight these guys could sell ice cubes to Eskimos."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharks win. The Wings look happy.

tough loss for Detroit

15+ Year Old Account
    Well San Jose, enjoy your ref granted win. Sure was fun watching your Euro-style soccer diving and embellishing brand of hockey in the third and OT. Try not to spoil so many of the opportunities the refs give you next time.

Edit to sound less bitter: The Sharks carried play nearly the entire game. They deserved to win. They did not deserve to win in the style that they did. That game never should have went to overtime.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-04-30 at 05:00 AM.

kinda irritating when the commentators after the game say it was a great game, etc.. When it was quite obvious the refs handed San Jose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well San Jose, enjoy your ref granted win. Sure was fun watching your Euro-style soccer diving and embellishing brand of hockey in the third and OT. Try not to spoil so many of the opportunities the refs give you next time.

Just take the loss and deal with it. San Jose came out whining battles playing the puck better and just played this game harder than Detroit.

Don't be bitter.

Good to see Stuart scoring for the Sharks again, it's like the good old days. Sharks win in 6 games this time around.

kinda irritating when the commentators after the game say it was a great game, etc.. When it was quite obvious the refs handed San Jose everything.
    I don't know what game you were watching but, as i said, San Jose played a better game by far over Detroit. I love it.

lol.. ok. What planet are you on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Just take the loss and deal with it. San Jose came out whining battles playing the puck better and just played this game harder than Detroit.

Don't be bitter.
    Don't get me wrong, they deserved to win. They carried the play for nearly the entire game. My only issue is once again a playoff game between these two teams is decided by the refs constantly handing out penalties to the Red Wings on phantom penalties that the Sharks embellish. The game tying goal was from a boarding call that wasn't a boarding penalty at all. Pavelski turned himself to directly face the board when he knew someone was going to hit him. Teams have been doing it all playoffs and the refs just keep handing them out. Then Eaves gets a slash when Marleau acted like Eaves had two hand chopped him when he barely made contact on a poke to the hands. And Abdelkader's 4 minute penalty was a joke. Wheres the blood or the cut? There is absolutely no damage done to his face and he is laughing on the bench while wiping his lip. What did he do bite it? Had Howard gave up a legitimate goal in this game there would be no complaint about San Jose winning. The GTG came on a bullshit penalty and the GWG came after a 4 minute bullshit penalty ended.

Earth

Don't be bitter.

Yes, clearly im a Wings fan and i'm super bitter. Do yourself a favor and don't come in this thread again.. save yourself from looking like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Don't get me wrong, they deserved to win. They carried the play for nearly the entire game. My only issue is once again a playoff game between these two teams is decided by the refs constantly handing out penalties to the Red Wings on phantom penalties that the Sharks embellish. The game tying goal was from a boarding call that wasn't a boarding penalty at all. Pavelski turned himself to directly face the board when he knew someone was going to hit him. Teams have been doing it all playoffs and the refs just keep handing them out. Then Eaves gets a slash when Marleau acted like Eaves had two hand chopped him when he barely made contact on a poke to the hands. And Abdelkader's 4 minute penalty was a joke. Wheres the blood or the cut? There is absolutely no damage done to his face and he is laughing on the bench while wiping his lip. What did he do bite it? Had Howard gave up a legitimate goal in this game there would be no complaint about San Jose winning. The GTG came on a bullshit penalty and the GWG came after a 4 minute bullshit penalty ended.

Players know how to capitalize on this new rule and will continue to use it to their advantage. I've seen the exact same shit happen to SJ and plenty of other teams I have routed for. Yeah its frustrating when it happens but, when it does, just got to sack up and deal with it.

I have.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 05:15 AM ----------

Yes, clearly im a Wings fan and i'm super bitter. Do yourself a favor and don't come in this thread again.. save yourself from looking like an idiot.
    Pretty sure I said nothing to you. So we will end this convo with you like this....

? I don't know if serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a canadian, im just glad Mtl is gone, i wanted vancouver to lose as well... but no.. Chicago had to trade for a Sens player who cost them game 7

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the good news is that if the refs are going to once again hand the series to the Sharks they will get to the Finals. They don't have to face a major US market franchise that the NHL needs to win like in the WC finals with Chicago last year. No way do they let a Canadian team win the Cup and unless Nashville somehow wins that series the Sharks can walk to the finals. Then they can finally get their cup because they are far to talent, even without ref aided wins, to not have been at least to the finals by now. If they could ever get their top players to consistently produce to go along with the ridiculously amazing Couture Pavelski line they will be incredible. Then again, maybe it is time to stop considering Dany Heatley a top tier talent. Frankly he is the 6th best offensive player on the Sharks. So I guess in some sense, if Thornton can keep setting up incredible plays, because frankly they don't need his goal scoring, their top players are producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post

Pretty sure I said nothing to you. So we will end this convo with you like this....

? I don't know if serious.
    Are you really this retarded? Scroll up and read your own quotes genius.