Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

A Rant about PUGs. Satchel not worth it.

Im a tank and queued for a random Cata heroic for the Satchel
    Got a pretty crappy group, I was the tank and I was #1 DPS on every pull including the first boss and I was also doing all the Interrupts on the healers
    Im doing like ~14k dps, and everyone else is doing 10-12k, minus the Ret Paladin.

The Ret Paladin with green tank gear, an agility polearm, and unenchanted ungemmed heroic gear he was carried to.
    He was doing about 4k dps, and never interrupted. And on the pull I ask him to CC, he just looks at the group for a second, then runs into it and wipes us, he called himself terrible for doing that. I then looked at his spec and he wasnt even specd into Repetance.

Anyone we get past the first boss and he died to avoidable dmg of course and did 3.8k dps. I tell the group im not going any further with him, and well wait the 2 minutes to kick him.
    The Ret Paladin tries to defend himself, but EVERYONE in the group is ripping on his terrible damage and failures.

2 minutes are up, start to vote to kick. Then I see "you have been removed from the group"... They kicked me
    1 of the pugs was on my server so i asked him WTF was that, he said that the Ret pally initiated the kick, and he and the other pugs thought the kick was for the ret pally and just hit yes....

TL;DR I hate pugs. They are so terrible and fail not even a little bag with some gold and a chance for a mount is worth dealing with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, owned with the kick thing. You deserved it though, heroics are easy enough that you can finish with 2 dps. Stop being a dick and just help him, you could have even given him tips or pointers if he was really that terrible.

Okay, then don't do the Call to Arms. Don't bother everyone else with it.

Since the patch I've only had good groups. Granted I've been running reg heroics just to be on the safe side but if you take a few minutes to talk about it, most people are receptive to the info, only a few get pissy but even then just finish up and you never have to see them again.

Why is it that people expect the tanks to help out all the dps. I for one do not play their class, so why should I give them advice on it
    *Student of Xav*

The way I see it is unless the satchel can drop the Al'ar mount, it isn't worth it.

Deleted
    I have kicked 4/5 Tanks with attitude problems. I don't care how geared you are, or how good you think you are, but you start giving people hassle then your out of my group.

9/10 times, the vote passes, we get a new tank and we continue to the end of the instance and actually enjoy ourselves in the process. Sorry

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannshow View Post
    Why is it that people expect the tanks to help out all the dps. I for one do not play their class, so why should I give them advice on it
    OP is taking the time to wait and kick him when he could have facerolled through the rest of the dungeon if the other dps were 10k each. He deserved the kick and a hearty laugh at his expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    OP is taking the time to wait and kick him when he could have facerolled through the rest of the dungeon if the other dps were 10k each. He deserved the kick and a hearty laugh at his expense.
    Nah, he really didn't. As a legendary player myself, I grew very weary of carrying terrible players through heroics so that they could be rewarded with their welfare epics.

lol, owned with the kick thing. You deserved it though, heroics are easy enough that you can finish with 2 dps. Stop being a dick and just help him, you could have even given him tips or pointers if he was really that terrible.
    I heard tips and pointers can turn a green agility polearm into an epic hammer.

OH WAIT.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Totesmagoats View Post
    TL;DR I hate pugs. They are so terrible and fail not even a little bag with some gold and a chance for a mount is worth dealing with them.
    Working as intended... Why Blizz still thinks that giving free lewt covers the pitfalls of player shortcomings is beyond me...

Some people are beyond help. I see them all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Totesmagoats View Post
    2 minutes are up, start to vote to kick. Then I see "you have been removed from the group"... They kicked me
    1 of the pugs was on my server so i asked him WTF was that, he said that the Ret pally initiated the kick, and he and the other pugs thought the kick was for the ret pally and just hit yes....

I've seen similar trolls with votekick. We had a healer who didn't know how to play in ZG. Random DPS votekicks the tank and types in all caps for the comment "WONT HEAL ANYONE". Everyone clicked yes.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

If you aren't good enough to run with people qualified to enter a heroic dungeon you don't deserve the satchel anyways. We all get groups that are better or worse than some. Stop complaining, I don't even get a satchel for doing a job just as important (and frankly just as easy) as yours.

I feel like I see a lot more tanks complaining about how hard their experience in wow is and how all the dps sucks and no one can heal them. I know that everyone else complains just as much however so my message is this: if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Seriously if you weren't wiping, cata heroics are gimmees. And if you were wiping with 3 dps (including yourself apparently) at 14k you were doing something wrong too. I would understand if cata heroics were hard but they aren't. Carry the guy, get your mount and gtfo. easy money
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    I call fake on this. Green gear doesn't equal for the ilvl needed to queue on a pug. :/ And if he had better on the bags, why not equip it?

Quote Originally Posted by MagusUnion View Post
    Working as intended... Why Blizz still thinks that giving free lewt covers the pitfalls of player shortcomings is beyond me...
    I don't have a clue as to why players were expecting the sudden addition of the SEM to correspond with a huge influx of well geared and well played tanks. The rewards we never about getting people who already good tanks to start tanking more. It was about getting the huge number of players who play plate wearing classes yet are afraid to tank to give it a try.

It seems like every time I run a instance there is at least one plate wearing DPS which is fine if that's what they really want. What Blizz hopes is that some of these folks will try out tanking and that some (not all or even most) will find they like it and stick with it thus adding to the overall pool of tanks. So yeah, int he first few weeks what you are gonna have is tons and tons of bad bad tanks. Most will wash out, but a few will like it enough to actually start gearing properly and start learning how to be a proper tank.

In a month or two hopefully ques for DPS will be no where near instant but hopefully they will have gone down and simply though attrition and gear/practice some of those tanks who are really bad now will be fine by then.

Lol at the "it's your fault" posts. The only reason tanks get mad at people is because they are doing something wrong. How's about this, learn to play your class correctly and tanks won't give you grief. They have too much to worry about as it is without wiping the noses of bad players who are for some reason in heroics. If you don't want to play your class correctly, then don't drag other people down with your sub-standard ability. Expac has been out for months, there is no excuse for not knowing your class outisde of pure stupidity and nihilism.

Deleted
    How can you really help someone that doesnt want you to help him? seriously, some people (those that do 4k) play the game like that because they give 2 fucks about the group. They wont ask for help, and if you give them, theyll ignore it completely.

Deleted
    Tats why never ever ever say something about vote kick .Just do it like i do silent and sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    I call fake on this. Green gear doesn't equal for the ilvl needed to queue on a pug. :/ And if he had better on the bags, why not equip it?
    As paladin he can have any type of armor in his bags and still to get Ilv recruitment by all i mean something like caster cloth/leather/mail everything counts
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2011-04-30 at 07:00 PM.