Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

4.2 - The biggest PvE nerf in the history of WoW?

It seems that so far, the annouced CC changes have been mostly ignored.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Many crowd control abilities no longer cause creatures to attack players when they are cast. The creature will not attack the player when the crowd control wears off, and nearby creatures will not become hostile to the player either. However, if a visible player gets too close to the target creature, the creature will remember and attack the player when the crowd control effect wears off. The intent is to make it easier for dungeon groups to manage crowd control assignments and pulling packs of hostile NPCs. The abilities affected by this change are: Hibernate, Entangling Roots, Wyvern Sting (will still cause hostility when it begins to deal damage), Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Repentance, Shackle Undead, Blind, Hex, Bind Elemental, Banish, Seduction.
    What this effectively means is that you can cast CC without aggroing the group before a pull. So instead of having the tank pull followed by a quick sheep and hex, the casters can now pick their targets and cast their CC whenever they're ready. Then the tank can pull and do his thing.

I don't think people realize just how much easier this makes dungeons. The Luck of the Draw buff is nothing compared to this change. A large part of the difficulty of trash fights comes from the correct use and timing of Crowd Control (if you chose to use it). Now this aspect completely falls away. There's already a huge difference between a clean pull and a messy pull. With this change, there will never ever be a reason for a messy pull, except overconfidence.

This makes dungeons so much easier, at least in my mind, that not single nerf in history can compare to it. On the other hand, the difficulty is reduced in form of coordination rather than execution. So maybe it's a good thing. It also takes a lot of responsibility away from tanks and shifts it towards DPS, which is probably a good thing.

So while I can see the upsides and the reasons behind this change, I just don't think it's good for WoW to keep making things easier and eaiser. I'd feel a lot more comfortable about this change if the Luck of the Draw buff was removed in compensation.

Edit: Cut back on the Hyperbole
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-05-08 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    When I read that at first, I thought it must mean something different as it surely couldn't be as ridiculous as it is. It took several more read-throughs for me to actually accept that that's wheat they were saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that i understand it, yes this really makes trash retardedly easy :/
    Last edited by Garaya; 2011-05-03 at 08:00 AM.

Because using CC then letting the rest come to the tank is hard, although I wouldn't mind having this change in effect for the BoT trash before Halfus

What? So you can after 4.2 MC mob and no longer forced to fade after it?....

Nope sorry, MC didnt make it to list....

And ofc NOBODY care about trash....its called trash for a reason...

15+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't trivialize anything, it just makes CC easier in bad LFD groups. Why people have to whine about EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING?

Do hardmode content if this shit's too easy for you. No need to complain, some guilds just aren't so good and they need crutches like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    RIP Cairne Bloodhoof

You died like you lived

Fucking clueless

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonk View Post
    Do hardmode content if this shit's too easy for you. No need to complain, some guilds just aren't so good and they need crutches like this.
    Not to bust your bubble here but what does hardmodes and the CC buff have to do with each other?, This CC mostly only affects trash <.< and 5 man's really. Trash shouldn't be a problem for any raiding guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonk View Post
    Do hardmode content if this shit's too easy for you.
    This really. The fact that dungeon content is nearly constantly the center of QQ boggles my mind when it isn't even endgame content.

Anyway, this will make a lot of tanks that still need CC happy... and hunters.

I remember back at the end of BC and start of Wrath, an interesting change weaseled into the patch notes. It said that CC'd mobs would no longer be hit by AOE so that they wouldn't break. Your tank could consecrate, your hunter could multishot, and it would just avoid the CC.

They reverted that. They may give up on this.
    www.imperative-guild.com
    Imperative on Zul'jin
    Champions on a 3 day/week schedule

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just trash that's killed easily anyways. Why get your feathers ruffled about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve. Why do people complain about every little change?

10+ Year Old Account
    This will effectively remove the art of a good pull. Do it while you still can. :|
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Before patch.

Tank: Sheep Moon. Hex Triangle. Trap Square. Hunter pull
    Hunter: *traps*
    Mage+Shaman: *cast*

===================

Tank: Sheep Moon. Hex Triangle. Trap Square. I'll pull.
    Hunter: *traps*
    Mage+Shaman: *cast*

OMFGWTFBBBQ A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE...

The only thing this means is that lazy/overactive CCers won't wipe a dungeon group. Stuff still has to be CC'd and people still have to be aware of trash/boss mechanics. If i was to believe OP the only people who completed dungeons where pre-mades on vent instead of the millions of random people who randomly come together and barely communicate for 30 mins while they clear a dungeon....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Not to bust your bubble here but what does hardmodes and the CC buff have to do with each other?, This CC mostly only affects trash <.< and 5 man's really. Trash shouldn't be a problem for any raiding guild
    No I see what you're saying, but the OP is implying it's this devastating PvE nerf but boss content is PvE content, not the trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    RIP Cairne Bloodhoof

You died like you lived

Fucking clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Keytar View Post
    I remember back at the end of BC and start of Wrath, an interesting change weaseled into the patch notes. It said that CC'd mobs would no longer be hit by AOE so that they wouldn't break. Your tank could consecrate, your hunter could multishot, and it would just avoid the CC.

They reverted that. They may give up on this.
    They didn't revert it. They made it so that cleaving attacks (Cleave, Improved Revenge, Avenger's Shield, the old Hammer of the Righteous, Bear Swipe, etc) not break CC. That is still in affect to this day.

The fact that lesser coordinated groups can now kill TRASH easier really makes you that mad? I think you need help buddy it's not a big deal its trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Matlafous View Post
    What? So you can after 4.2 MC mob and no longer forced to fade after it?....

Nope sorry, MC didnt make it to list....

And ofc NOBODY care about trash....its called trash for a reason...
    Of course MC didn't make it to the list, in case you're forgetting, it's the only CC that can kill its target. Or would you really have priests able to solo entire trash pulls?

CC was never a hard thing except In bad pugs, and this will be really nice for alting when having to run randoms..
    and as a hunter I'm especially happy, since it's a pain in the arse to trap with trigger happy tanks who plonk down concentration/DnD/dots and so forth before I can trap em.

This change is just so ridiculous from both gameplay and lore perspective. Naga: Oh, my mate just turned into a sheep, and oh, there seems to be group of hordes standing there, I'm sure this is nothing to worry about!