Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Memphis going up 3-1 on the Spurs is like the Cleveland Anythings winning a title?
    No. Basketball is a game of match-ups. It's obvious the spurs have a tough time matching up against Memphis. Tim Duncan doesn't get doubled, Mark Gasol easily handle's him and is more potent offensively than old Timmy. Also the Spurs have no answer for Zach Randolph. They are throwing guys at him like Matt Bonner and Mcdyss both of which Randolph has the clear advantage over. It doesn't help that Ginobli has a friggin bionicle arm now so really the best spot where the spurs have a clear advantage is at point with Parker.

I want to see Dallas take it...

Let's go MAVS! BABAM!

My Poor Portland Trailblazers have been eliminated from the playoffs so I no longer have a horse in the race

Western Confrence 2nd Round

La Lakers Vs. Dallas Mavericks - La Lakers in 6.

OKC Thunder Vs. Memphis Grizz - Thunder in 7.

Eastern Confrence 2nd Round

Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat - Boston Celtics in 7.

Atlanta Hawks Vs. Chicago Bulls - Atlanta Hawks in 7.

Western Finals

LA Lakers Vs. OKC Thunder - LA Lakers in 6.

Eastern Finals

Boston Celtics Vs. Atlana Hawks - Boston Celtics in 6.

NBA Finals

Boston Celtics Vs. LA Lakers - LA Lakers in 7.

Phil Jackson Retires thus ending the LA Lakers dynasty with his 4th three-peat. Boston and San Antonio are too aged to compete. The Miami Heat rise up as the next great dynasty in the NBA, possibly even record breakingly so. (For those of you questioning Eric Spoelstra, he's basically a puppet being controlled by Pat Riley. The second this guy starts fucking something up he'll be out in a seoncd and it'l be Riley himeself or a then available Doc Rivers).

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE KNICKS?!?"

PRETENDERS.

Edit: Unless they get Chris Paul and fire D'Antoni and bring in a Don Nelson. This guy took an 8th seeded Golden State Warriors team into a playoff series victory over the 1 seed Dallas Mavericks with literally almost every player on the roster having zero post game, zero bigs, and zero defense. Obviously a Byron Scott or Avery Jonson would be more suited but contracts may hinder that. Doc Rivers will only be coaching for Boston or Florida team as his family resides in Orlando.

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 10:08 AM ----------

As to why I have the bulls exiting in the second round against the hawks. I havn't been a Bulls beliver all year. I think everyone is too caught up in the flash of Rose to realize that when put up against an east elite what are they gonna do? Rose has proven nothing and Boozer is the guy that came from the most under-achieving team in the west. Not to mention his constant under-earning of his paycheck that says he should be better than he is. If they beat the hawks ill be a little shocked but not too much. The thought of them getting into the finals, however, is a non-existant farce.

Final Note: If I'm Chicago after I get bounced from the playoffs I give Boozer untill trade deadline next season to start playing at an all star level or I'm trading him for max value and picking up a solid forward in the draft. Unless he steps up he isn't worth wasting the salary cap. Catching glimpses of inconsistent perfection once in a blue moon can only take me so far untill it's expected that you play at the level you are capable of consistantly to earn that type of a paycheck. Kobe Bryant doesn't have a 30 10 game 1 in 15 times. Consistancy earns money not potential. That goes for championships as well.
    Last edited by Standalone; 2011-05-03 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Standalone for reminding me why I get sick of the NBA every year around this time.

I'd be happy if the Celtics and Lakers would just fall off the map. Literally, figuratively, your choice.

Heat for me ( i've been a heat fan before lebron got there so yeah ). Even if they don't make it, man you gotta love the playoffs!

the heat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Standalone View Post
    Phil Jackson Retires thus ending the LA Lakers dynasty with his 4th three-peat. Boston and San Antonio are too aged to compete. The Miami Heat rise up as the next great dynasty in the NBA, possibly even record breakingly so. (For those of you questioning Eric Spoelstra, he's basically a puppet being controlled by Pat Riley. The second this guy starts fucking something up he'll be out in a seoncd and it'l be Riley himeself or a then available Doc Rivers).

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE KNICKS?!?"

PRETENDERS.

Edit: Unless they get Chris Paul and fire D'Antoni and bring in a Don Nelson. This guy took an 8th seeded Golden State Warriors team into a playoff series victory over the 1 seed Dallas Mavericks with literally almost every player on the roster having zero post game, zero bigs, and zero defense. Obviously a Byron Scott or Avery Jonson would be more suited but contracts may hinder that. Doc Rivers will only be coaching for Boston or Florida team as his family resides in Orlando.

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 10:08 AM ----------

As to why I have the bulls exiting in the second round against the hawks. I havn't been a Bulls beliver all year. I think everyone is too caught up in the flash of Rose to realize that when put up against an east elite what are they gonna do? Rose has proven nothing and Boozer is the guy that came from the most under-achieving team in the west. Not to mention his constant under-earning of his paycheck that says he should be better than he is. If they beat the hawks ill be a little shocked but not too much. The thought of them getting into the finals, however, is a non-existant farce.

Final Note: If I'm Chicago after I get bounced from the playoffs I give Boozer untill trade deadline next season to start playing at an all star level or I'm trading him for max value and picking up a solid forward in the draft. Unless he steps up he isn't worth wasting the salary cap. Catching glimpses of inconsistent perfection once in a blue moon can only take me so far untill it's expected that you play at the level you are capable of consistantly to earn that type of a paycheck. Kobe Bryant doesn't have a 30 10 game 1 in 15 times. Consistancy earns money not potential. That goes for championships as well.
    Couldn't agree more about the Knicks. Unless they either actual get serious about playing defense, they will always just be Phoenix v2.0. Fun to watch, 0 Larry O'Brien trophies from this era. They have two superstars who frankly are disinterested in playing tough defensively on more than 15% of the trips down the floor. How many wide open, and we are talking by 8-10 feet, three pointers did the Celtics have in game 3 and 4? They have no commitment at all to actually playing defense. They don't rotate worth a damn, they don't follow their guy to the outside. They sit back and watch. D'Antoni's system just puts no emphasis on this portion of the game. Lets all stand around and hope the opponent misses no pressure shots so we can grab a rebound and run. It was the same thing in Phoenix and it is the same thing in New York. That team will never be a real threat until they figure out that there is more than one area of the game. That is especially true in the East where there are teams that are far better than them even in the best parts of their game. Boston Chicago and Miami will crush them defensively. Miami transition offense is so much better than their it isn't funny. Orlando can out shoot them. And Atlanta can actually get out of their own way and win basketball games apparently. I didn't see the last one coming when they went into the playoffs this season. Who would have guessed their phenomenal talent would finally piece it together that they shouldn't spend all game taking stupid shots and being lazy on defense. The Knicks should start watching their game tape and applying it to their game.

As for trading Boozer. Good fucking luck with that. What team is going to want to take his salary? Nest season is $13.5 million and it ramps up to $16.8 in 2014/15 his last contractual year. He probably has a NMC also (not sure as HoopsHype doesn't list clauses afaik).
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-03 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Couldn't agree more about the Knicks. Unless they either actual get serious about playing defense, they will always just be Phoenix v2.0. Fun to watch, 0 Larry O'Brien trophies from this era. They have two superstars who frankly are disinterested in playing tough defensively on more than 15% of the trips down the floor. How many wide open, and we are talking by 8-10 feet, three pointers did the Celtics have in game 3 and 4? They have no commitment at all to actually playing defense. They don't rotate worth a damn, they don't follow their guy to the outside. They sit back and watch. D'Antoni's system just puts no emphasis on this portion of the game. Lets all stand around and hope the opponent misses no pressure shots so we can grab a rebound and run. It was the same thing in Phoenix and it is the same thing in New York. That team will never be a real threat until they figure out that there is more than one area of the game. That is especially true in the East where there are teams that are far better than them even in the best parts of their game. Boston Chicago and Miami will crush them defensively. Miami transition offense is so much better than their it isn't funny. Orlando can out shoot them. And Atlanta can actually get out of their own way and win basketball games apparently. I didn't see the last one coming when they went into the playoffs this season. Who would have guessed their phenomenal talent would finally piece it together that they shouldn't spend all game taking stupid shots and being lazy on defense. The Knicks should start watching their game tape and applying it to their game.

As for trading Boozer. Good fucking luck with that. What team is going to want to take his salary? Nest season is $13.5 million and it ramps up to $16.8 in 2014/15 his last contractual year. He probably has a NMC also (not sure as HoopsHype doesn't list clauses afaik).
    ya i know realisticly noone is going to pay him that kind of money for his current production on the court. I guess I was more meaning that if they could somehow miraculouly trade him that would be their best option. I knew as soon as a team tossed Boozer good money he'd suddenly suck.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Thank you Standalone for reminding me why I get sick of the NBA every year around this time.

I'd be happy if the Celtics and Lakers would just fall off the map. Literally, figuratively, your choice.
    couldn't agree more. I hate the Lakers and the Celtics. Especially the Celtics. Or any Boston team for that matter. It does suck that the Lakers have won it two straight and now probably a third. It's boring and annoying. Just be glad once they lose Phil Jackson they're done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Standalone View Post
    ya i know realisticly noone is going to pay him that kind of money for his current production on the court. I guess I was more meaning that if they could somehow miraculouly trade him that would be their best option. I knew as soon as a team tossed Boozer good money he'd suddenly suck.
    They can probably trade him to the Timberwolves. God knows their GM, David Kahn, doesn't know anything about basketball or wisely spending money. They gave Darko Milicic a 4 year $20mil contract last offseason. Darko... Same team that took two point guards with back to back first round picks two years ago neither of which actually plays for the team because they are busy being bad in Europe or bad in the D league and two SFs last year in the first round of the draft then turned around and traded one of those SFs and Ryan Gomes for a 9ppg bench player. Nothing like trying to rebuild your team by taking draft picks and essentially trading them.

If any team wants what is essentially a bench role player like Boozer, it is the TWolves. They already have 9 NBA D-league or bench players on their actual team, to go with their one real NBA starter quality player in Kevin Love, I'm sure they wouldn't mine another.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They can probably trade him to the Timberwolves. God knows their GM, David Kahn, doesn't know anything about basketball or wisely spending money. They gave Darko Milicic a 4 year $20mil contract last offseason. Darko... Same team that took two point guards with back to back first round picks two years ago neither of which actually plays for the team because they are busy being bad in Europe or bad in the D league and two SFs last year in the first round of the draft then turned around and traded one of those SFs and Ryan Gomes for a 9ppg bench player. Nothing like trying to rebuild your team by taking draft picks and essentially trading them.

If any team wants what is essentially a bench role player like Boozer, it is the TWolves. They already have 9 NBA D-league or bench players on their actual team, to go with their one real NBA starter quality player in Kevin Love, I'm sure they wouldn't mine another.
    lmao yes the Minnesota Timberwolves are one of te biggest jokes in pro sports. Kevin Love will get out still relatively in his prime and move on to a better team and be a great player. KEVIN Garnett, KEVIN Love? Ringin a bell? The Twolves are one of those teams that sucks exponentially and when they do find that diamond in the rough they can't or whether don't know how to build anything around the star player. These said players eventually go on to more successful franchises and go on to have good careers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope the celts win it,but ihaving troule seeingthem get past the heat. Ild like to see fromthe west the Ohklahoma city thunder but who knows

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That swirling sucking sound you might be hearing is my Celtics and Lakers going down the toilet.

Now I need to figure out who to like for the rest of the playoffs. damm
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    let's go mavs! Babam!
    this² !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lakers are going down! I really hope they lose, I don't like them.

Deleted
    Mavs are going to win it all

Mavs easy...team so good and when you got Dirk...(no one can stop him, anyone in the league could cover him and it would be a mismatch) he shoulda been the mvp not rose...i mean, 48 pts...really? he is unstoppable, and so are the Mavs.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Mavs easy...team so good and when you got Dirk...(no one can stop him, anyone in the league could cover him and it would be a mismatch) he shoulda been the mvp not rose...i mean, 48 pts...really? he is unstoppable, and so are the Mavs.
    Yay!! They are unstoppable against the okie-dokies /yawn. Wait till they meet the east.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-19 at 01:42 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Yay!! They are unstoppable agsinst the okie-dokies /yawn. Wait till they meet the east.
    So sweeping the defending champs wasn't good enough? and OKC being one of of the best teams also, losing only 2 games less than the Mavs.

Do you watch basketball?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riz View Post
    So sweeping the defending champs wasn't good enough? and OKC being one of of the best teams also, losing only 2 games less than the Mavs.

Do you watch basketball?
    All the time. My local high school girls BB team could have beat the Lakers the way they were playing. WIth the Lakers out,, the west is a snoozefest. But technically someone from the west has to go to the championship,, even if it dallas I suppose. I would see if they can beat the heat or bulls before announceing them unstoppable.

The "real" championship is being played now imo.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-19 at 02:17 AM.
    Operation Red Wing