Priest Power Auras

Hi there, just recently started priesting (disc main, shadow os) and am a huge fan of power auras to help me keep track of things and was hoping to have some people post up screenshots of power auras at work on their priest just to get an idea of what things i should look to keep track of. i have some very basic ones at the moment that i got from the powa wiki, but i feel it doesnt cover everything that a priest should need to keep track of.

Deleted
    When I was playing disc I didn't feel the need for power auras. Instead I used Ingela's rapture timer to maximize mana regain and PoM tracker to keep track of time left, charges left, current target.

Not sure what other things you might need that isn't already in the built-in power auras.

edit: PI cd/duration, IF cd, AA cd/duration, PS cd/duration, barrier cd/duration, oh, maybe there are a few things but then again, you don't really need extra addons for this.
    Last edited by mmoc12f026c685; 2011-05-08 at 01:37 PM.

Depends on if your playing atonement. So on and so forth, basic disc healing there isnt many procs to watch for or really anything to worry about other than your mana pool. Id say probably use it for PS/PWB if your running a buttonless ui for CD watch. Other than that just put spinning jesus faces everywhere cuz its amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Other than that just put spinning jesus faces everywhere cuz its amazing
    made me lol. i do plan on playing archangel/atonement spec while leveling, and will probably keep it later on when i hit 85. currently i have PA's for inner fire/will not active while in combat, power infusion, penance, inner focus, rapture procs, and prayer of mending for disc. for shadow i have SW:P, mind blast, vampiric touch not active on target, and devouring plague not active on target. though i cant seem to figure out why when i select a target, my timers start counting up instead of showing me the time remaining of my dots on the target.

Deleted
    I have power auras for evangelism and archangel, penance, borrowed time, and dark simulacrum (for pvp). They seem to do the job.

Don't think inner will/fire is so useful now that they don't have stacks so don't fall off all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I have power auras for evangelism and archangel, penance, borrowed time, and dark simulacrum (for pvp). They seem to do the job.

Don't think inner will/fire is so useful now that they don't have stacks so don't fall off all the time.
    ah. good to know. just recently started this priest. you mind pasting your string for borrowed time? thats one i havent been able to find yet.

Deleted
    Version:4.19; g:0.3098; icon:Spell_Holy_BorrowedTime; buffname:Borrowed Time; r:0.9059; customname:st; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; texture:7; aurastext:st; customsound:st

For the Inner Fire/Inner Will Aura, I would recommend still using it, just remove the combat condition. since it is of limitless duration, it only comes off when you die.

As a shadow priest, I have two powa's. One tells me I have proc'ed an orb, the other tells me I have 8 or less seconds left on my empowered shadows buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Version:4.19; g:0.3098; icon:Spell_Holy_BorrowedTime; buffname:Borrowed Time; r:0.9059; customname:st; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; texture:7; aurastext:st; customsound:st
    thanks again. now only if some shadow priests would speak up with their aura's.

I use power auras on my priest to show 1/2/3 orbs, and also shadowfiend when it's off cooldown, but it's based around my UI anyway, so you would probably be best off just recreating them (Took me like 5 minutes total to do)

^orb collection and power auras is amazing aswell as just using PA to track dots in shadow.

Heres my aura for showing when I have a shadow orb available for MB, it doesnt differentiate from 1-3 orbs, just that you have one available.

Version:4.17; g:0.1961; icon:spell_priest_shadoworbs; buffname:Shadow Orb; r:0.8392; texture:179; isResting:0; exact:true; combat:true; size:0.79; y:127

This next one is my "less than 8 seconds on Empowered shadows buff.

Version:4.17; InvertAuraBelow:8; b:0.0902; g:0.0275; icon:inv_chaos_orb; buffname:Empowered Shadow; isAlive:0; texture:7; isResting:0; exact:true; size:0.77; y:113
    Last edited by kynd; 2011-05-08 at 08:19 PM.

Yeah, for the most part consider the basic types of things to track. You can track the presence of a debuff, a proc on self, or Short/long CD's. Now just consider what abilities you have for those types, and which ones ya need to track. For the most part I prefer to have Powa tell me if I'm missing a debuff (not if it's on target), if I have a specific proc, or if something is off CD. Knowing what you need to track will help you keep better track and understand the class a bit more rather than trying to copy someone's set up.

As a side note, I actually like to use an addon called Need to Know in order to track durations of the above CD's, procs, debuffs.

edit: nevermind, i figured it out. just had a derp moment.
    Last edited by diablo85; 2011-05-09 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Auras is heavily integrated into my UI. I use it for all my cooldowns and any sort of buff I need to know about as a healer. It is very useful to know when the person you are targeting has a major cooldown rolling so you can judge your healing appropriately.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6787308/ss/powa.jpg

In a raid:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6787308/uir.jpg (ss is about 2-3 months old but hasn't changed much)
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-05-09 at 03:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    Power Auras is heavily integrated into my UI. I use it for all my cooldowns and any sort of buff I need to know about as a healer. It is very useful to know when the person you are targeting has a major cooldown rolling so you can judge your healing appropriately.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6787308/ss/powa.jpg

nice stuff
    In a raid:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6787308/uir.jpg (ss is about 2-3 months old but hasn't changed much)
    nice powa use

http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_050911_155au01.jpg

Here I have my Shadow Priest - The orange shield-like thingy displays whether I have Inner Fire or Inner Will active, it turns blue for Inner Will. Below it is my Vampiric Embrace, and left of it is a symbol that displays whether Empowered Shadow is active or not, and left of that is a symbol that displays how many shadow orbs I have, getting brighter with each subsequent orb. Below that, I have a "Wing" icon that displays Arch Angel and its duration.

Above my characters unit frame is a cooldown "bar", that isn't really finished for shadow, only for only (which is my main specc).

On my shadow priest the only thing I use power auras for at this point is as a reminder for when MB is off cd so I can use it right away because I had an issue with not doing that. So now I have an icon that appears above my head when MB is up.

The main thing that I also recommend is to click the random color option in power auras. I had noticed with it always being the same color I didn't seem to notice the icons as much after awhile. The different colors really helps me notice them more.