Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wonder what the numbers were when they released the final LK raid where you fought the LK, I bet the subscription base was at its all time high. I have to speculate if it will reach that at the end raid for Cat, as Deathwing is not as interesting as the final chapter of the fall of Arthas was.

One of the reasons I feel they are holding back content is because of the new Star Wars mmo, when that ships, watch a huge content patch get dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    i think the biggest problem of Cata is they considered Heroic Raids part of the raiding progression. Regular Dungeons->Heroic Dungeons->Regular Raids->Heroic Raids->New Tier Regular Raids->New Tier Heroic Raids. In Wrath, Heroic Raids were a bonus - something you could do for additional challenge/reward, but Hardly required. YOu could go from 232 ToC to 245 ICC and be fine. I don't know if that's the plan here. To me, I think most people see Heroic Raids as being very separate.
    I think this is the main issue as well. BUt if Firelands is gonna be tuned for ppl in full heroics for normals then omg... we will see 50% of the playerbase quit now and then. For good.

But we will get the already fully geared hardcores stilll whining that they killed normal in 1 night.. and that is was to easy.

Right now BLizzard is mixing together two totally diffrent groups. Its like mixing PVP and PVE - and they are failing miserably keeping either group really happy with the way they are doing it.

The thing that should really worry Blizzard now is the fact that fire and lava + dark textures is all that they are offering the players for the next 6-8 months. Its Molten Bore all over again in terms of settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Look around bro, there's a huge overlap between the two games (in terms of playerbase and some features). Are you even paying attention to GW2? They have a clear schedule for releasing new information to try to maintain high interest, but it isn't enough to keep it forever. And don't lie to yourself, every Blizzard title since Warcraft 2 dominates headlines and player interest. Nice try, better luck next time.
    I like how you didnt even attempt to refute my argument, 'bro'. Let me make it simple for you:
    Rushing Games = not smart
    You = not smart
    That is why you think rushing an MMO is a good plan. 'Because people will so forget about the game if you dont ship it NAO!'.
    Last edited by mmoc80afdcec58; 2011-05-10 at 05:56 PM.

Maybe if they fixed the horde queue times so many people wouldn't have quit? It just feels like aside from finishing heroic raids there isn't much to do everything was so fast it's like "what am I going to do except gear up alts?". It's that plus the lack of anything really innovative or new (wow revamped 1-60 zones!). I just wish they added little fun things, maybe more customizations, fun daily quests (town defense kind of things) or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is not broken, people are quiting, cause after 5 years, it's normal to get bored of something. People complain that the game is lacking content, it's not, really, it's just impossible to keep people happy for so long

In Wrath, Heroic Raids were a bonus - something you could do for additional challenge/reward, but Hardly required. YOu could go from 232 ToC to 245 ICC and be fine. I don't know if that's the plan here. To me, I think most people see Heroic Raids as being very separate.
    Bad players are not supposed to see hard content

But raiding got boring as hell anyway. Bring back open pvp and server-wide events and most of the players would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    I like how you didnt even attempt to refute my argument, 'bro'. Let me make it simple for you:
    You = not smart
    That is why you think rushing an MMO is a good plan.
    Ho ho! Let the personal attacks begin.

Maybe you just fail to comprehend my meaning, I never said rushing a game was smart, nor did I suggest they do that. The fact is if they end up delaying the release they're going to be in trouble. You see, that's called being caught between a rock and a hard place, maybe you've heard that phrase before? They release too early and have a subpar game, or release too late and lose all the hype and potential sales to competing games. You'll probably ignore it, but my opinion is that they'll release in Q4 and be right in that sweet spot. But hey, you took my playful comment and assumed it was telling a company how to do their jobs and decided to respond provocatively - now who looks like an ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    The game is not broken, people are quiting, cause after 5 years, it's normal to get bored of something. People complain that the game is lacking content, it's not, really, it's just impossible to keep people happy for so long
    Thats where you are wrong m8. PPL dont leave a character they have worked on for 5 years that easily. But ppl are leaving now because there was absolutly NOTIHNG new and intresting in CATA. Archeology ?

It was BLizzard that desided that the game would not be getting any more real innovative content and features. So instead of pointing at the ppl that are bored after 5 years... point to the developers that added nothing to keep ppl intrested ...

And it is BLizzard that is charging newcomers with orginal game + 3 expansions + sub. Thats just moronic in a world of F2P games all around.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-05-10 at 06:07 PM.

there are a lot of accounts that where made for:
    - zhevra mount
    - rocket mount
    - XP bonus to rip another alt up fast

some people actually start playing and subscribing these accounts. one player i know had exactly done all the above and ended up with 4 accounts, he recently consolidated-paid transfered players into one account and canxed sub on 3 accounts.

players i know who recruited relatives/friends, even buying the game to get them going. from what i have seen of this in our guild, these relative/friend recruits are somewhat hot and heavy till they reach higher levels, get into PVP. that is the killer IMO. the imbalances, etc. when you tell them the class they rolled will never beat a xxxx-classes and to boot their class is unviable for 2's and even 3's, they are done. this happened with a guildee who rolled a hunter to 85....he quit. he had no interest in rolling another class to 85, not even a candy headstart DK.

most of the actives in our guild are players who have played for a long time. many of the new players hit 85 and it seems they do a few endgame things and are done.

players who have twink accounts and play XP off only, turn off subscriptions when BG ques are bugged (which they are again after last patch). no reason to pay to play....when you can't play

i'm in a huge 900-1000 member guild, many players at times announce at times they are quitting. i whisper them fast and ask why. after some discussion, they leave the guild and to boot delete players....hence done

many new account players from what i have seen, rarely purchase all the expansions, get to 60 done, get to 70 done
    Last edited by pinkz; 2011-05-10 at 06:30 PM.

the whole only one guy in the raid can benefit from the legendary at a time is terribly unfair to anyone else in the raid.
    Who likes another guy to benefit from his hard work and all he gets is a non combat pet?

talk about DUH!!!

LOL Cata is a horrible sub par expansion, it lacks in all aspects, Lore, PVE, PVP, community, I think that number is more generous than the reality, I think they've lost a lot more players than that. There used to be constant 25 man raids on ICC on my server, almost 24/7 someone is running a raid, now, I never see a 25 man raid save BH 25, and the cities just look so boring and empty.

And now they want people to sit in G chat using their phones and not actually play the game? WTF? Are they going backwards?

Bring back the old raid lock system! Let players do 10 man and 25 man raids eevryweek.

Are these guys that clueless? It really does seem like the real DEVs are all gone and working on something else now..... Titan?

WE are talking about subs here, not game time played. We know this, those that are not subscribed, don't play. Those that are subscribed we aren't sure about them playing, having a subscription doesn't automatically mean they are a frequent player.

They could have enough money and have a chance (in their mind) they may start playing again soon, they may keep it because they are battle.net forum posters or they have had 3-6 month subs, because its a the cheaper route to go and didn't foresee themselves quitting soon.

Think about it, the sub number always comes later then the actual trend, its likely a large number of people stopped playing months ago, not just this week or something ridiculous.

I doubt people really pay attention to cancelling accounts because they will have finals, summer break or anything not life changing. Most sub payments are recurring payments, $15 a month isn't a whole lot for a month's duration at that.

At this moment, IF IT IS a trend, then the playerbase loss would in fact be much higher.

I wouldn't measure player interest and activity directly with sub numbers, its a good gauge to get a feel but its never spot on, it could be millions of people off at that.

I myself am just done with WoW, it LACKS innovation, that's the basic one word short way to describe it, without writing out thousands of words to describe. The game is just getting old, not because of time, but because Blizzard A) is just slow, and B) keep sticking to the same boring old philosophies of game design, they nearly refuse to experiment with new concepts and additions.

I would like some 1v1 arenas, idc about if they are balanced, rewarding or not and some solo/duo dungeons.
    I would like some actual open world warzones, they need not be PvP but even PvE events.
    I would like to See world boss and boss city raid related events.
    I would like to see some more small room (arena sized) BGs with various PvP objectives and even deathmatches(highest kill count wins, in 15 mins).
    I would like the comps and the trinity system to change a bit, and not be so required/restricted for content as they are now, even if it entails class changes.
    I would like to see raid/dungeon fights not be so much about DPS races, this game should be much less about maximizing dps, more about surviving. DPS, threat building, mana management shouldn't even be the challenge, doing it and surviving should be the hard part. "Rotations" would have no room in this.
    I would like to see this game less about a gear grind, I would like gear to not be as influential as it is now and character level/gear scaling needs to be not so extreme.
    I would like to see that WC3 level of cinematics, voice acting and storytelling present for once in WoW.
    I think tanking and healing could use changes, not to be easier but a bit more fun, than currently.

That's just me, you may have other things or concerns but this seems important to me if they could focus on
    Last edited by jayremy; 2011-05-10 at 06:48 PM.

The hard numbers are coming in and people are still not completely getting it. People are leaving because of cataclysmic disappointment, yes pun intended. The expansion was a huge let-down and disappointment to me. I'm sticking with the game on slender hope that they will learn from this and make the next Xpac epic like BC and Wrath. WE DO NOT WANT RECYCLED CONTENT! We do not pay Blizzard 15-dollars a month to have old dungeons tuned for current level cap and presented to us as new. Things we did at 60 and 70 we do not want to repeat at 85 or 90. People leave because they feel their time is better spent elsewhere. When Blizzard acknowledges mistakes were made then they'll be on the path to making things right. Till then, their attitude of 'working as intended' does NOTHING but infuriate their base.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Thats just the beginning. 600k is over the last 4 months and didn't blizz just launch a "BRAND NEW BIGGEST EVER" expansion? Blizzard also doesn't consider an account "canceled" until 30 days of inactivity. Here should be the bigger concern for blizz. The farmers who care nothing for the game but use it to make money selling gold will start to leave if the player base begins to leave. The farmers probably make up 20% of the current subs if not more.

5% drop in player base will soon if not already be followed by a 5% loss in farmers.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    So you are saying only people who have been playing for 5 years are the ones quitting?
    Last edited by theturn; 2011-05-10 at 06:51 PM.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Poor blizzard. They are only making $171 million a month now on subscriptions .

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would say the game is more or less as balanced as you can get it. Just the shear amount of things to do and how to play classes, a long with the different types of players just makes it impossible to balance it properly.

I've stopped playing the game myself. More or less due to the game being ... poor for me. So whatever happens to the game, I won't really care :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    You = not smart
    That is why you think rushing an MMO is a good plan. 'Because people will so forget about the game if you dont ship it NAO!'.
    I think Blizzard could do things so much quicker when it comes to new content, so much quicker. Especially seeing how many months it takes them to release so little changes from patch to patch. Other game developers can release hard core games or patches at a much faster rate with much more complex, coding, art, graphics, animations, story, cinematics, musics scores, you name it.

Blizzard is just so freaking slow at it, and got a bug, imbalance problem, class or UI needs a change? No problem we will include it with the next major content patch instead of dealing with it now. Or for some reason it takes them 2 months after live realms to realize they overcompensated on buffing a class, and now its OP in some regard, despite people saying it forever, especially things like CC or basic DPS abilities.

Comic sans? Man, that's cruel.

And as far as the subscribers go....yeah, well, it's not that surprising. I'm letting my sub lapse this month. My ex who started the same time idea (around 2.2) is also quitting. I have several guild mates who are/were long time players who are quitting or have quit. Cata just doesn't seem to have the.....soul, I guess, that the previous content had. It's becoming more of a game and less of a world.

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Thats just the beginning. 600k is over the last 4 months and didn't blizz just launch a "BRAND NEW BIGGEST EVER" expansion? Blizzard also doesn't consider an account "canceled" until 30 days of inactivity. Here should be the bigger concern for blizz. The farmers who care nothing for the game but use it to make money selling gold will start to leave if the player base begins to leave. The farmers probably make up 20% of the current subs if not more.

5% drop in player base will soon if not already be followed by a 5% loss in farmers.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 06:56 PM ----------

So you are saying only people who have been playing for 5 years are the ones quitting?
    I have been playing for more than that slightly, the reason I stopped is not because I just got bored. I hate the route they went with soem class overhauls, and they should've did polls to see if a strong majority would've loved the change or not. Other than overhuals on things like classes, Blizzard never brings any new experience to the game, its just the same crap.

No solo/duo dungeons yet, its all 5/10/25 mans or GTFO attitude and I hate it. The trinity system is outdated, and for the record I never really liked it or supported it for almost all my years of playing, yes it is very easily possible to work around it. Content and boss fights, leveling, gear is all a repetitive grind, leveling is too easy.

It seems the biggest challenge of this game is paying attention to everything going on, because you get boring tunnel vision of watching bars and mashing the same rotation over, and over x 99999 more times. Its all about mobs, keybinds, ui configs, macros, voice communication, and I like to use my mouse (and right hand)a little more than just target selection. It really just becomes an organizational chore, all the math and logistics, grinding and preparation. I don't feel like I am playing a game, because the challenge is in the chore-based crap not, skill, something that can be worked to improved and is always fun to improve.

It has only gotten worse and worse, probably nearest its worse now sense I gotta do everything over again, after classes getting overhauled, the game doesn't feel harder not at all but playing classes feels more complicated in a stressful way. I have never seen the game more streamlined than now, a very linear experience, everything being overly micro-balanced with excessive homogenization

Deleted
    This is a turning point for Blizz as I don't think they ever had so many players quitting at the same time and yes 5 % is significant (revenue). Especially only 4 months into an expansion.
    If they are smart for once, they read the writing on the wall and regard this is a golden opportunity to make the right changes the player base wants while they are still ahead. Let's face it, a lot of things went horribly wrong in Cata and it wasn't a surprise to all those player who was in the beta or PTRs during the ramp up to Cata. Numerous posts were made about a lot of the major issues now plaguing Cata but went largely ignored by Blizz.
    Now is the time for Blizz to think about why WotLK was such a hit and why it attracted so many people to the game, both in PvE and PvP and make the necessary changes fast before the trend gets irreversible.

Myself I quit back in February and just got a Blizz mail to come back and test 4.1 for 7 days for free. No thank you, I just read what they did to the most loved BGs of them all (WSG) to make that decision easy. Keep removing and nerfing things that people have loved for 5-6 years and see even more players quitting or make a hard decision right now to reverse a lot of the things that went wrong. Swallow your pride and start seriously listening to your player base before it's too late. It would be good for both the player base and you.

The "my way or the high way" approach is not working for you anymore.