Deleted
    Norn ranger with racial skill bear form activated, with bear pet.
    Run away, now.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-13 at 06:48 PM. Reason: nevermind :)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Norn ranger with racial skill bear form activated, with bear pet.
    Run away, now.
    Or any form + same pet for that matter. D:

One thing I'm curious about, looking at the vids I see that atleast the longbows single target skills seems to fire in a slight arc.
    This leads to the arrows overshooting the mobs if they're running at you fast. However the rifle doesn't seem to have this "drawback" as it fires in a straight line for its single target skills.
    Now that got me wondering, will i be able to arc my shots say across a hill crest, rock/whatever or do I need a direct line of fire for my char to be able to shoot at them?
    I know I'm able to do it with the targetted AoE, but it could be awsome if the bow could do it aswell with "single targets"
    I guess you could ofc cancel your target and try a "skill" shot at them. The skills seem to fire at their max range straight forward when you don't have a target selected.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-05-13 at 06:39 PM.

I really want to get into GW:2, I really do. But like, after 10 years of every release date ever getting pushed back, the hype wears you out. The way release dates are looking right now, EA is going to force push Bioware, and and Blizzard will be done, so by the time GW:2 hits the shelves, I'll be so knee deep in ME:3, D3, and SW:Tor, that GW:2 will be a pointless venture on my part.

At this point, I honestly think it would be better for GW:2 to shoot for a Q3 2012 Launch assuming SW:ToR goes as currently planned. If they try to compete for launch dates, I just see disaster central.

I mean, make no mistake, when it comes to advertising funds, it is a not a battle that can be fought, or won. EA/Bioware/LucasArts will absolutely murder ANet/NCSoft in advertising if they try and duke it out with launch dates.

10+ Year Old Account
    given how popular GW1 was, I'm sure gw2 will do just fine even when pitted again TOR and D3, remember, it's B2p so it's easier to get into than sub based games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    *snap*
    When it's ready.
    And that, is the best release date, ever.
    Personally I don't care if it gets delayed, and I understand why it got delayed when I watch those videos.
    The quality of what they've done is just stunning.

It may get released to tough spot to compete with other quality names,
    but I think it doesn't matter much. I'm sure Gw2 will push it through just fine.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-13 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    One thing I'm curious about, looking at the vids I see that atleast the longbows single target skills seems to fire in a slight arc.
    To be completely anal about that statement, all projectiles arc, even bullets, they're just moving faster and arc less.

I believe that for the sake of viability the arrows, and projectiles even will follow their targets to a degree, like in present day WoW and GW1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I haven't had a chance to read about the size of the world, but with as hideously beautiful as it is, it'll be a shame if it's as small as Aion's world or Age of Conan's. So much detail went into everything, I just really, truly hope it's as big as WoW Vanilla's world. GW1 was pretty big, but it wasn't nearly as detailed artistically.

I'm also really hoping they continue with the use of natural vertical space. They did this a little bit in GW1 (though shied away from it at times due to the inability to fall or jump). I'd be stoked though if they had Conan'esque terrain changes. WoW never felt properly natural. Their world was just a little too absurd, going from snow zone to desert zone, Blackrock mountain being absurdly tall for how narrow it is. Conan had the most natural feeling environment to date. Aion would have come close if it wasn't for the gimmicky use of terrain elevation to use your wings.

At the same time though, I hope they take queue's cues (wow, /shame) from other games and make the NPC's feel alive. I have no doubt that they will on this part, I just want populous cities to feel... populous.

Like, Stormwind 2.0 feels like a proper MMO City for WoW. Lion's Arch looks like it could beat it.

I just want a game where my hero feels like he/she is a minority figure. In every MMO I've played, NPC's are so far and few between, you get the notion that 90% of the population is these epic heroes, and 10% of the population is these pathetic wimps.

I want 90% pathetic wimps and normal people going about their business, mixed in with 10% of the unusually heroic lot.
    Last edited by gotpriest; 2011-05-13 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't had a chance to read about the size of the world, but with as hideously beautiful as it is, it'll be a shame if it's as small as Aion's world or Age of Conan's. So much detail went into everything, I just really, truly hope it's as big as WoW Vanilla's world. GW1 was pretty big, but it wasn't nearly as detailed artistically.
    We don't know how big it is yet, but apperantly it takes 15-20mins to run through an area. All we cna say is it's going to quite abit bigger than GW1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well that's just you, GW2 isn't really directly competing with any of those games.

I'm guessing you aren't playing GW then because projectiles do NOT follow their targets (this is even so in GW1), you can dodge all projectile attacks (this includes bow attacks and some elemental attacks). The advantage of something like a flatbow or longbow is the range, other bows like shortbows have shorter range but the projectile travels faster so it's harder to dodge.
    Riiight... forgot about that even though I'm currently leveling my ranger in EotN...

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    To be completely anal about that statement, all projectiles arc, even bullets, they're just moving faster and arc less.

I believe that for the sake of viability the arrows, and projectiles even will follow their targets to a degree, like in present day WoW and GW1.
    From the vids I've seen the rifle bullets have no arc, they simply vanish when they reach their maximum distance, much like some of the elementalists projectiles.
    And regarding tracking, the projectiles don't track their target unless traited. When you engage the skill your char fires at their current spot, it will deal dmg to which ever hostile mob it impacts first

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have stated above, GW2 is not competing directly with other MMOs. A developer even said "we don't view WoW as direct competition to us", "we don't think we need to take players away from them", "we don't think we need to beat WoW". "We need to make a fantastic game that people love and they can have both games."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OysNH...eature=related - Quotes start at 2:00
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-13 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    I used to play this game none stop! I had the collectors edition xD
    Ah memories!

Think I might get it again
    DOnt know if my Laptop can hold WoW,this and Black and White

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    GW with everything is only 4 GB.
    I've got everything and my GW folder is only about 2.3gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    Like others have stated above, GW2 is not competing directly with other MMOs. A developer even said "we don't view WoW as direct competition to us", "we don't think we need to take players away from them", "we don't think we need to beat WoW". "We need to make a fantastic game that people love and they can have both games."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OysNH...eature=related - Quotes start at 2:00
    They can "Think" that all they want. That doen't make it true. Customers are stupid, fickle people. A person is smart, but the moment s/he becomes a consumer they become this thing. Slap the acronym MMO on it, and it'll immediately conjure the image of Everquest and World of Warcraft. It doesn't matter how much they're different. Whether they like it or not, it's competing. Maybe not 100%, but on some fundamental level, they are competing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it is a fantasy MMORPG means it is definitely competing with WoW? GW2 is B2P while WoW is P2P.... GW2 already has the GW1 community, they don't need to steal customers from other games, even though people from other MMOs will probably play GW2. Since GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee people can choose to play both if they want to.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-13 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Yay for page 50!
    I wonder if this armor will be found in gw2 (I think it's one of the earliest, if not the first, armor concepts for gw2).
    *click*

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might be in the game, I really like all of the concept armor so far, especially this armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Yay for page 50!
    I wonder if this armor will be found in gw2 (I think it's one of the earliest, if not the first, armor concepts for gw2).
    *click*
    Interesting if true. I'd be super duper happy if they broke the trend of games with good graphics, where the less skin the armor covers, the higher the armor class.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    Just because it is a fantasy MMORPG means it is definitely competing with WoW? GW2 is B2P while WoW is P2P.... GW2 already has the GW1 community, they don't need to steal customers from other games, even though people from other MMOs will probably play GW2. Since GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee people can choose to play both if they want to.
    To think that they don't compete is idealistic at best, naive at worst. If Anet contents themselves with the fact that they "already have the GW1 community," then they are poor business people. In business you always try and take a bigger portion of the pie. Like all markets, gaming is no different. Consumers engage in all levels, and are never 100% loyal to products. Sure, of course they can play both if they want to. I can play both SC2 and WoW if I want to. I can play GW1 and WoW if I want to. What it comes down to is where I put my time.

MMO's take up lots of time. Why would I buy a product I don't have the time for? I mean. EVE Online is a good game. I should buy that right? They're completely different games. No. I don't have the time for it. League of Legends already takes up my play time. They're not just competing because they're MMORPG's, they're competing because they're virtual online entertainment. That's my whole point about why it would be bad to release anywhere near D3 and SW:ToR. You don't want to pit your advertising dollars against George Lucas and Activision. It's just a bad idea.

To say they don't compete is wholly, intractably absurd.
    Last edited by gotpriest; 2011-05-13 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting if true. I'd be super duper happy if they broke the trend of games with good graphics, where the less skin the armor covers, the higher the armor class.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 09:45 PM ----------

To think that they don't compete is idealistic at best, naive at worst. If Anet contents themselves with the fact that they "already have the GW1 community," then they are poor business people. In business you always try and take a bigger portion of the pie. Like all markets, gaming is no different. Consumers engage in all levels, and are never 100% loyal to products. Sure, of course they can play both if they want to. I can play both SC2 and WoW if I want to. I can play GW1 and WoW if I want to. What it comes down to is where I put my time.

MMO's take up lots of time. Why would I buy a product I don't have the time for? I mean. EVE Online is a good game. I should buy that right? They're completely different games. No. I don't have the time for it. League of Legends already takes up my play time. They're not just competing because they're MMORPG's, they're competing because they're virtual online entertainment. That's my whole point about why it would be bad to release anywhere near D3 and SW:ToR. You don't want to pit your advertising dollars against George Lucas and Activision. It's just a bad idea.

To say they don't compete is wholly, intractably absurd.
    I think what he's really try to say is that it's not their goal to "kill" WoW or any other MMO, like what Rift's doing on an advertisement level. Fundamentally, yes, Guild Wars 2 will be competing with WoW, but it's not their primary objective.