Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    from what I've seen, they said they won't have mounts at launch, but later on they will, but i believe they should only be about a 50-60% speed increase to keep that epic world feeling.

I would rather ride around on a mount than use the fast travel system.
    They aren't adding them at launch, and it's extremely unlikely that they will later on. The majority of people on gw2guru don't want mounts. The zones are big enough to feel epic but small enough not to need a mount at the same time.

Why do you need a mount really? They ruined the scale of games, look at flying mounts and WoW. The only 'mount' typw of animal mentioned in guild wars, is some cart pulling thing, thats slow as hell. (Don't remember the name of them.)

Btw, do horses even exist in Tyria ? I completed all the campaigns and i don't remember ever seeing one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    Btw, do horses even exist in Tyria ? I completed all the campaigns and i don't remember ever seeing one.
    I presumme they do, theres skeleton horses that some of the undead mobs ride, so there must be horses. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I presumme they do, theres skeleton horses that some of the undead mobs ride, so there must be horses. :P
    Maybe they are extinct .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    Maybe they are extinct .
    That makes me a sad panda.

They aren't adding them at launch, and it's extremely unlikely that they will later on. The majority of people on gw2guru don't want mounts. The zones are big enough to feel epic but small enough not to need a mount at the same time.

Why do you need a mount really? They ruined the scale of games, look at flying mounts and WoW. The only 'mount' typw of animal mentioned in guild wars, is some cart pulling thing, thats slow as hell. (Don't remember the name of them.)
    Yes flying mounts in WoW did ruin the scale, but some times i still ride around on a ground mount just because i like the feel of it, it makes getting from point a to point b quicker but still gives an epic feel to the game.

i'm not asking for a 100% speed increase mount, just something slightly faster than normal run speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    Yes flying mounts in WoW did ruin the scale, but some times i still ride around on a ground mount just because i like the feel of it, it makes getting from point a to point b quicker but still gives an epic feel to the game.

i'm not asking for a 100% speed increase mount, just something slightly faster than normal run speed.
    Only problem is, like we said about the only "mount" style animal in the GW games, was Yaks, and they aren't exactly mounts. They go slower than what your character runs, so they wouldn't be much use. :P

Only problem is, like we said about the only "mount" style animal in the GW games, was Yaks, and they aren't exactly mounts. They go slower than what your character runs, so they wouldn't be much use. :P
    Slow walk on the beach with the girl of your dreams?

i have nothing against the fast travel system or the game having no mounts, i will still play it and enjoy it either way, it would just be nice that's all.

Deleted
    Found a funny comic from GW2 website (it has been there for a while, d'oh).

what a 1337 post
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-14 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    devourer mount would rock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    devourer mount would rock
    yeah im sure that blizz copied the scorpion mount from Guild rewards from GW,i mean they almost look the same.

WTB Shatterer mount!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    WTB Shatterer mount!
    Please no

I love my WoW mounts, have collected enough for the 100 mounts achieve, really really like some of them. But there are times when I feel it kinda diminishes the epicness? Not sure if this makes sense, so will try and do an example:

So, let's say you get a Shatterer mount as a reward for, say, completing the whole DE chain he is in. Suddenly, this huuuuuuge awesome terrifying dragon . . . is being ridden around the world by players.

Just once, I would like to face a boss with no rewards, a boss so tough you can barely beat him/her, a boss who, even when you are victorious, leaves you ripped to shreds, your armour broken, half your guild in a big pile of corpses. A boss so powerful he/she destroys most of the environment during the fight. I mean, look at Ragnaros. Awesome insanely powerful dude, doesn't even knock a few chunks out of the cave wall? This boss just landing should wipe out a forest or town, that stays destroyed even if you win.

Because he/she drops nothing, there would be no coming back to farm. You would kill him/her once, for the achieve, the title, to complete an awesome storyline in your personal story . . . hell, just so you could say you'd done it. And, as DEs scale, it wouldn't matter that as time went on fewer and fewer people would be bothered about fighting him. Round up a friend or two, and go fight, for glory!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

He he, I don't actually want mounts in the game, was just posting the most ridiculous one I could think of! Suppose Zhaitan would've been more ridiculous, but I think more people here know who the Shatterer is.

Deleted
    I also do not want to see any mounts.

I've grown tired of them.

(yay 20 HoM points ;D)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm afraid GW2 will be overrun by people (mostly from WoW) that want WoW-features in it.

Already noticed people are asking for Duels being in the game which I don't really want either.
    The thing with duels is they don't particularly impact on you. Ok, the challenge spam can be annoying, but it's not a huge hassle. Whereas with mounts, if everyone else is using them, you do kinda have to - your friend isn't exactly going to be pleased to wait for you because you decided to run rather than ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

I doubt you'll have to worry about any integrity issues with GW2. When it seems most developers try to clone other features or recreate the wheel for their "new" MMO, GW is on a path of it's own. When I play GW, It's truly like I'm playing a game that has it's own character and creativity. It has it's own unique feel and.. well just it's own uniqueness in general. I doubt GW2 will be any different. I doubt the game will have mounts, atleast I hope it won't have mounts . Duels don't bother me, as you don't have to participate.

Think I may have to fire up GW again... just need to find some things to do.

As we're talking about travelspeed, here a question for something from the other side of the spectrum:
    It's nothing gamebreaking for me, but I heard rumours that there won't be any "slow walking" in Guild Wars2, is that true?
    This question is more or less just important for RP I think.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    As we're talking about travelspeed, here a question for something from the other side of the spectrum:
    It's nothing gamebreaking for me, but I heard rumours that there won't be any "slow walking" in Guild Wars2, is that true?
    This question is more or less just important for RP I think.
    they decided they will put it in after all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    ^ grats

Also if anyone need to do something in-game in GW send me a pm and I'd be happy to help you out.
    I need the entire Factions and Nightfall campains, does that count as helping me?

Haven't even finsihed Prophicies yet come to think of it.

Though on subject, I don't really want anything ported over from WoW like dueling or mounts. I like GW the way it was in that aspect. Walking doesn't bother me, I like the movement animations they've made for GW2, walking needs to be fixed though, I just hope it's not like WoW's terrible walking animations.