View Poll Results: Do you think the Acid in the eyes punishment is right?

Voters
784. This poll is closed
  • Yes

506 64.54%
  • No

278 35.46%
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin View Post
    you ever heard of a muslim hippie?

me neither lol
    Yes, actually. I even know a few Muslim homosexuals. (One of whom I would most definitely consider a hippie, heh.)
    What does that have to do with anything though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narwaana View Post
    You are right, a mad an violent person should be treated like any other mad animal in the world, killed for the good of the rest.

Look at a dogpack, or a lion pack, if a dog/lion turns mad it does either get killed by the rest of the pack, or simply chased away (which has the same result).
    There are no reason to not do the same to humans.
    this right here ^

john wayne gacy raped, tortured and murdered over 30 young men, yet there were people outside the prison crying for this mans life and saying that he doesn't deserve to die.

i agree

he shouldn't have died... right away. they should have let a bull rape him until he passed out, throttled him until he was within inches of his life, let him heal up for a couple of weeks, and repeat once for each of his victims until he dies or reaches that number. then we shoot him in the back of the head and be done with it.

sounds like justice to me
    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. --Albert Einstein

"Its unthinkable that the iranian government would do such a thing!"

Obviously they have never met someone from Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    #1 Oki, let's just start executing everyone who comitts a crime then. I mean, if we let them have a chance of rehabillitation, we're just endangering everyone else, right? -Congratulations, you've just erased thousands of years of belief in the possibillity that people can change.

#2 Apparently you aren't very well read up on the conditions of sightless people without family to help them, in countries like Iran. But okay, what you're saying is that if you comitted a crime of this kind, you'd prefer having acid in your eyes over a jail sentence? I somehow doubt that.

#3 For justice to be justice, it has to include that.
    I would say thousands of years belief people can change I would say probably last 100 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    So, far it has not. Eye for an eye existed in that country for so long, so far, not very of that are blind

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 03:47 PM ----------

as you said, by YOUR reckoning. Who died and made you God.
    My reckoning also happens to coincide with the United Nations and the G8/G20.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    but isnt it aaaaaaall God's word - just picking out what suits you at the time...?
    Actually no.

The idea through both old and new testaments is turn the other cheek on things that don't physically harm you/people, and eye for and eye for the things that break laws.

If someone walked up and insulted my honor I would let him go (even though he may or may not deserve some type of recompense).
    If someone murdered my daughter, then they should be tried and put to death.

The eye for an eye isn't so much a revenge thing. It is more of chemotherapy against the cancer of society.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Actually eye for an eye was imposed to limit the punishment the criminal would receive. People were often punished harshly for petty crimes and in most cases the punishment did not fit the crime. So eye for an eye was God's way of saying you can't do anymore to them than what they did themselves.

What's more barbaric than letting someone get away with dumping a bucket of acid on a woman's face. Yes, this society is going back into the dark ages and leading the way is spineless whiny idiots who want to give the cancer rights while it poisons the whole world around it instead of cutting it out.
    I think I may be in love with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i should have said "iranian hippie" lol
    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. --Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    So you are volunteering for this?
    To do it on a child rapist, ofc with great pleasure.
    To do it on me? Yeah sure, if i rape your 6yo daughter then kill her and drop her body in a sewer, you got my permission

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Sad to see how many people in here have the moral understanding of a caveman.
    The sad thing is that people like you are feeling sympathy for monsters, not humans, monsters.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-05-14 at 07:56 PM.

a single or practice of culture does not make a country uncivilized. Democracy is bound to get corrupted, it always does. it would fall just like every other systems. the human rights will fall when a very strong country says there is no human rights, and has the backing of strong financial and military. The only way a country can be remotely uncivilized is that it does not adhere to the laws it created at the first place. Say, theres already established law exist, but a gov't or a special person defies that law for another person.

While I don't know if this punishment is fair, people in this thread don't seem to understand one thing.

You say that this man may not be sane. Let me ask you one thing:

How many sane people do YOU know that throw buckets of acid in people's faces? How many sane murderers do you know? Any?

The fact is that MOST people who do these kinds of things (throw acid in people's faces or murder) have some sort of mental problem. Does this mean they should get off scott-free because of it? No.

In my opinion, unless you were physically incapable of controlling yourself, you are responsible. Even if you have a disorder that encourages you to kill, you should still be punished if you do kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    i should have said "iranian hippie" lol
    Who knows. According to Ahmadinejad, there aren't any homosexuals in Iran - yet they are routinely put to death.
    Quite the conundrum! I'm glad so many people in this thread approve of the Iranian justice system, though.
    Maybe they should move there.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    *SIGH* times 10

You're like the 10'th person to bring up this argument, YES most people would feel that way and that's why we invented the legal system or society would be filled with vigilantes out for revenge.
    I've tried bringing this up. People are immune to logic, it seems.
    It's funny how they call us the 'bleeding hearts', yet they are the ones who use emotion to justify their arguments.

Eye for an Eye, he'll get what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    While I don't know if this punishment is fair, people in this thread don't seem to understand one thing.

How many sane people do YOU know that throw buckets of acid in people's faces? How many sane murderers do you know? Any?

The fact is that MOST people who do these kinds of things (throw acid in people's faces or murder) have some sort of mental problem. Does this mean they should get off scott-free because of it? No.

In my opinion, unless you were physically incapable of controlling yourself, you are responsible. Even if you have a disorder that encourages you to kill, you should still be punished if you do kill.
    thats the thing no one knows if he is sane or not. if he is not, then that punishment is not fair, because, the laws in quran prohibits execution of people of mental illness. also, it is entirely naive for you believe people can not be evil for evil's sake and most people who commit murder are suffering from mental illness. people do things because they simply can

*SIGH* times 10

You're like the 10'th person to bring up this argument, YES most people would feel that way and that's why we invented the legal system or society would be filled with vigilantes out for revenge.
    You're like the people who hate on Batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    Your answer makes little to no sense, whatsoever.
    It's wasn't an answer - which is why it would seem to not make any sense..

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post

Thank you, I wanted to bring that up but forgot about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES most people would feel that way and that's why we invented the legal system or society would be filled with vigilantes out for revenge.
    Yeah in a perfect world justice would be prevail and the legal system would work.
    Last time i checked the rabbit hole wasn't here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Who knows. According to Ahmadinejad, there aren't any homosexuals in Iran - yet they are routinely put to death.
    Quite the conundrum! I'm glad so many people in this thread approve of the Iranian justice system, though.
    Maybe they should move there.
    i don't approve of stoning a woman to death because she cheats on her husband, and many of the other crazy laws they may have, but it doesn't mean that all of their ideas are bad, and when it comes to mutilating, torturing, raping, molesting, murdering and other violent crimes, maybe eye for an eye or some variation of isn't such a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    The sad thing is that people like you are feeling sympathy for monsters, not humans, monsters.
    Monsters aren't real, bud. Honest.
    Even really really really really bad people, like Hitler, were little babies at one time, and were someone's child.
    It's okay to hate someone like that. But to dehumanize them, call them a monster, so that we can feel better about killing/maiming/torturing them?
    That makes us the real monster.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

i don't approve of stoning a woman to death because she cheats on her husband, and many of the other crazy laws they may have, but it doesn't mean that all of their ideas are bad, and when it comes to mutilating, torturing, raping, molesting, murdering and other violent crimes, maybe eye for an eye or some variation of isn't such a bad idea.
    I would agree with you if, as you said, mutilating, torturing, raping, molesting or murdering a person undid what they did.
    But it doesn't, and so what it really accomplishes is nothing.