Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I believe it will be free like the rest of you do but they never have officially said it will be free (or have cooldowns or whatever). They are still looking into it.
    It will have to have a cooldown to stop explioting WvWvW, since people will just transfer over to the winning server etc.

I VERY much doubt the server transfers will have a cooldown on them. Much more likely ArenaNet is simply going to give you the rewards for WvWvW that you would have gotten if you had stayed on your main server, until a certain time period elapsed (probably after week).

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    I VERY much doubt the server transfers will have a cooldown on them. Much more likely ArenaNet is simply going to give you the rewards for WvWvW that you would have gotten if you had stayed on your main server, until a certain time period elapsed (probably after week).
    I still think they would have a cooldown though, or else every week a bunch of people at once will migrate over to the winning server.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I still think they would have a cooldown though, or else every week a bunch of people at once will migrate over to the winning server.
    Then that server still might not be winning the next week, I don't see what's wrong with that? You only get the rewards for the server you were on when the WvWvW battle started.

ArenaNet will allow players maximal freedom to play with their friends, WvWvW won't be an obstacle to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Then that server still might not be winning the next week, I don't see what's wrong with that? You only get the rewards for the server you were on when the WvWvW battle started.

ArenaNet will allow players maximal freedom to play with their friends, WvWvW won't be an obstacle to that.
    Lets give an example.

We have Server 1, Server 2, and Server 3. The WvWvW week begins. After a few days, it's clear the winning server is Server 3, so everyone migrates over to Server 3. The week ends, everyone that migrated over does not get rewards. The next week begins, Server 3 now has much more people playing WvWvW, they continue to win the proceeding weeks.

From the sound of it, people can just transfer over, wait until that weeks over, then start racking up rewards for the next weeks, until another server starts to do well, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Lets give an example.

We have Server 1, Server 2, and Server 3. The WvWvW week begins. After a few days, it's clear the winning server is Server 3, so everyone migrates over to Server 3. The week ends, everyone that migrated over does not get rewards. The next week begins, Server 3 now has much more people playing WvWvW, they continue to win the proceeding weeks.

From the sound of it, people can just transfer over, wait until that weeks over, then start racking up rewards for the next weeks, until another server starts to do well, rinse and repeat.
    If it were that simple as most populated server wins, WvWvW would make no sense in the first place. I'm sure ArenaNet has something up their sleeve to make it much more interesting than that.

Kurzick/Luxon in the original Guild Wars are two factions fighting for control of the map, the border changes constantly but neither every totally dominates. As one faction gains more ground, the fights occur on maps that favor the other faction more and more.

Something that's been said about character transfer between servers, dosen't look like they have really decided all details yet:

Ninjalooter: How about the servers? Many players liked the fact that you did not have to choose a server in Guild Wars 1 and could always freely change between the servers. How is the server system in Guild Wars 2?
    Martin Kerstein: We are trying to introduce a system that gives players the possibility to change servers easily. But at the same time it should not impact our World vs World PvP system. It does not make sense to allow players to change to a server that is constantly winning, just because they want to be on the winning side. We have to try to avoid that situation and are currently evaluating different solutions to allow you to easily change servers so you can play with friends, without being able to wildly jump between servers.

Ninjalooter: So there won't be paid character transfers?
    Martin Kerstein: I cannot talk about this yet. Since we want to make it as painless as possible to change servers, I would assume it should be free, but I can't say for certain.
    http://www.guildwars2journal.com/pag...n-kerstein-r29

Deleted
    my only fear about this game is that it will be too easy as all content in the world is basically PUGS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    my only fear about this game is that it will be too easy as all content in the world is basically PUGS
    the explorable mode of dungeons is for 5-player groups, and anet stated it would be fairly hard if you're uncoordinated.

We'll see how it goes, it's sth i've though about as well

Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    Difficulty is one thing I am not worried about, although it may well be different if you haven't played wow. And admittedly I am basing my confidence on GW1, but:
    I bought GW1 recently, figured I'd see the lore, maybe get some HoM rewards. And about lvl10, I got this quest, and was getting really really frustrated. I kept dying! I took 3 henchmen with me, I was still dying! What the hell? It only then occurred to me that maybe this was because, in this game, there are areas where you should only pull one pack at a time.

Now admittedly I am new to the game, which doesn't help. But it was such a wake-up call, to actually have to think for a few seconds rather than charging in.

In short, I can't see GW2 being easier than wow, if that's any comfort
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    That wouldn't work since there would be a cooldown on switching servers.
    Hence why I made that example to support the idea of a cooldown on switching servers, so that example never happens :P

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireWarlocks View Post
    in gw2, server changes will be free
    And that is irrelevant. I know they've stated that server transfers won't be as messy as WoW's, but that's beside the point.

EDIT: Tons of post since that discussion was going on, this is basically what everyone else have said now.
    Last edited by Daerken; 2011-05-17 at 05:44 PM.

Well ArenaNet can make hard content. When DoA came out with Nightfall it was brutal (until all of the speed clear builds were put up on PvX). I imagine the dungeons will be challenging and some max level areas should be as well (although I don't foresee them making it like DoA).

Well you HAVE to take henchmen, GW1 is a group based game there is no soloing as such. Compared to something like a regular MMO it's a lot more tactical but once you understand it it's not super hard, although I personally feel it's harder than WoW.
    My only problem being that the GW1 fighter henchmen and ranger henchmen are like.. functionally retarded. The healer and mage got their shit together! So frustrating at times!

Melee henchmen and heroes in general are piss poor. The only decent ranger henchmen (or hero with subsequent build) are ones based on interrupts. NPCs are better at interrupts since their reaction times are better than the players.

If you have Alesia in your party you will develop a love/hate relationship with her. Mhenlo, on the other hand, I just hate him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently hate cantha because I can't get heroes till I'm done with the starting zone. Atleast in Tyria I could get a run to Lion's Arch and then do the EotN quest and get atleast Ogden and Vekk. Henchmen are retarded as hell compared to heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    When was the last time you talked with the Devs? Even they have stated the same things I am telling you.
    Not addressing my point at all. What I said was, the devs aren't capable of delivering the standard of quality that the GW2 hype would make you believe, and having watched/talked with the devs over the past several years, this becomes obvious. If you hop on vent and ask Izzy "is GW2 going to be a great game six months after release?", of course he's going to say yes. But if you ask him how they're going to make sure of that, and compare that to how they handled GW, well...

No sub fee means its easier to get customers back indeed, however unless they find it enjoyable - since it is B2P - they aren't making money unless those customers buy something. Customers coming back =/= Customers buying stuff. [...]

In short, its harder to make profit off front loaded sales if your game isn't enjoyable. This pushes them to make it as enjoyable as possible.
    The problem is, with ANet, "customers buying stuff" means "customers buying the game" or "customers buying cash shop items", both of which are frontloaded sales. ANet has, historically, shown that their model is not to make the game as enjoyable as possible in order to pull people back to the game (this model died along with NFWC), but to a. make the game interesting enough to make you want to pick it up off the shelf and b. introduce more stuff in the cash shop (for more frontloaded sales). I dunno, I see a problem here.

Henchman are... special, yeah...

I'm glad I have someone to carry me through the game, though it comes with the cost of me not knowing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are totally exaggerating the issue, henchmen are perfectly fine for the starting area - and they aren't "retarded".
    Comparatively, they are, especially in the sense that you don't have near as much control over henchmen as compared to heroes.

Also it's my understanding that Heroes have better AI than Henchmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    I only had issues with Henchmen on 1 mission in Prophicies, luckily real people are around to help.