10+ Year Old Account
    Well i never played GW1 but if they really gonna release GW2 in 2012 i might try to get a few points until there.

How much money would i have to spend to have full acess to the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my main in GW was a spirit spammer RIT for the most part. Will miss my rit being merged with a necro.

I'm 18 atm in HoM, would be nice to get to that felblade at 23, but I just dont see it happening. Only need 1 set of kurzick/luxon 15k armor for 20 though, so might do that.

and snakez, as for how hard it is to fill it up, insanely, would be my best way of phrasing it. To get access to the game, you need to buy one of the three main games, prophecies/factions/nightfall and then get Eye of the north expansion. From what I can see on steam there's some packs combining them at a discount.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2011-05-29 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Well i never played GW1 but if they really gonna release GW2 in 2012 i might try to get a few points until there.

How much money would i have to spend to have full acess to the game?
    Around 20$ digital, 27$ from amazon for shipping. just need original and eye of the north

Edit: Well if you want full access to all of the seperate campaigns, you would want to buy the trilogy, but you will still have to buy eye of the north.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-29 at 02:16 AM.

Guild Wars 2 looks absolutely amazing. I even bought the GW1 trilogy + eye of the north to get caught up before GW2 comes out. Story and such. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay/classes seem very post-WoW. Very modern. Me and my sister are both psyched for GW2. Hopefully we can get in the eventual alpha/beta testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    99 pages of GW on the thread, 99 pages of GW! Add one more, talk in there, 100 pages of GW on the thread!

OT: I'm actually really excited for GW2. I can't decide between a broadsword/bow Warrior, Daggers/Gun Thief, or Necromancer.

Im so glad to see so many people are already excited about playing and the game isn't even close to release. this is gonna be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Im so glad to see so many people are already excited about playing and the game isn't even close to release. this is gonna be huge.
    Hopefully the game doesn't get TOO many of the WoW crowd, though. I've had a whole lifetime of logging into a game and seeing "ANAL ANAL THUNDERFURY ANAL OBAMA IS KENYAN ANAL [For the Children] ANAL ANAL TRLOLOLOL!!1!!!11!eleven111!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    Hopefully the game doesn't get TOO many of the WoW crowd, though. I've had a whole lifetime of logging into a game and seeing "ANAL ANAL THUNDERFURY ANAL OBAMA IS KENYAN ANAL [For the Children] ANAL ANAL TRLOLOLOL!!1!!!11!eleven111!!"
    That wont happen, the Guild Wars devs care ALOT for their players, those people will probably be banned fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    99 pages of GW on the thread, 99 pages of GW! Add one more, talk in there, 100 pages of GW on the thread!

OT: I'm actually really excited for GW2. I can't decide between a broadsword/bow Warrior, Daggers/Gun Thief, or Necromancer.
    I will make every freaking class because they are all awesome
    I not sure if i start with necromancer(usually my main) or warrior(its just epic to be a warrior)
    Maybe i will start with warrior, i mean, i already liked the epicness of warriors combat, and i love bows, AND IN GW2 WARRIORS USE FRIGGIN BOWS OMFGOMFGOMFGOMGOMFG

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I will make every freaking class because they are all awesome
    I not sure if i start with necromancer(usually my main) or warrior(its just epic to be a warrior)
    Maybe i will start with warrior, i mean, i already liked the epicness of warriors combat, and i love bows, AND IN GW2 WARRIORS USE FRIGGIN BOWS OMFGOMFGOMFGOMGOMFG
    Yeah it is pretty badass that you can be a Warrior Archer if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    That wont happen, the Guild Wars devs care ALOT for their players, those people will probably be banned fast.
    That's the beauty of the free B2P model, no $15/month safety net.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-05-29 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's the beauty of the free B2P model, no $15/month safety net.
    Hells yeah, keeps people in line.

Anyone know if GW2 will have talent specs?

I'm aware of how the weapons changes your abilities etc. I haven't heard anything about specs or seen any info on it, so i'm guessing it's a no.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think abou centaurs taking over the city? i think its amazing but it seems easy to defend the first stage of this event.
    I hope it wont become something that only happens when everyone let them take the city just to see what happens, but it will probably be like this as this event will occur many times a day.

So, has ANET said anything about unique and hard events? maybe weekly or monthly but something really challeging. I'd love to see the entire server fighting for the city on a epic battle that may last for hours depending on how good the players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Anyone know if GW2 will have talent specs?

I'm aware of how the weapons changes your abilities etc. I haven't heard anything about specs or seen any info on it, so i'm guessing it's a no.
    Has far has i know its only a trait system which is alot different then a talent system

I'm buying this game, I don't care if the community sucks (although that would put a damper on things).

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Has far has i know its only a trait system which is alot different then a talent system
    Hot dam. ~100 traits per profession, combined with diff abilities based on weapons.

I only glanced at the details but there definitely seems to be a lot more to the game than i thought. seems like a broader version talent specs or sorta like glyphs
    Last edited by Sorx; 2011-05-29 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I'm buying this game, I don't care if the community sucks (although that would put a damper on things).
    It surely couldn't be worse than the WoW community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the idiots from WoW don't migrate to GW2.... ( not saying all wow players are idiots just saying alot of em are >.>). I quit wow for two reasons. boredom , and horrible community ( again not all people are bad just alot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars is defiantly worth looking at. Based on what has been shown, the aesthetics of the game, are jaw-dropping. From the scale, the graphics, the music and character design, everything gives the feeling of professionalism and effort. It actually challenges WoW in terms of an unified motif, and it manages to be sufficiently unique. That's something that most modern MMOs have fallen flat on their faces with.

There is also a lot of depth in the mechanics, and that's a good thing.

All in all, it seems like it could actually challenge WoW.