speaking of GW2, i just bought EoTN sinc eit was 10 bucks (half off atm)

doing asura quests.. the one that says go through shards of orr since that leads to Gadd's Encampment is pissing me off big time.

the mobs in there are ridiculous since im alone doing all this with just heroes. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Indeed, I haven't even got EotN yet, so I'm only aiming for ~20. Can't buy it during the sale since stupid online store doesn't accept my card type. =.=
    You do need to have EotN in order to get the HoM rewards in GW2. Eye of the North serves as the bridge between GW1 and GW2 and is required for the rewards. Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    What do you guys think abou centaurs taking over the city? i think its amazing but it seems easy to defend the first stage of this event.
    I hope it wont become something that only happens when everyone let them take the city just to see what happens, but it will probably be like this as this event will occur many times a day.

So, has ANET said anything about unique and hard events? maybe weekly or monthly but something really challeging. I'd love to see the entire server fighting for the city on a epic battle that may last for hours depending on how good the players are.
    I believe they said dynamic events were on different reset cycles - some might be weekly, or some monthly, or longer. Remember, if the centaurs take the village, they're gonna hold it, and potentially attack more places if you don't stop them etc. etc. I would be very surprised if the same event happened several times a day, or even several times a week.

Given that events scale with the players present, I can't see any event starting out needing the whole server, but the whole server could get involved if it wanted to.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...ents-overview/ gives plenty of info, although I skim-read it and couldn't spot anything on the reset times, will try and dig that up but I think it may be a video from one of the panels at some con or other.

Edit to add:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ve-t10743.html
    Title: Do all dynamic events have a reset state?
    Last edited by Sapho; 2011-05-29 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    All you have to do at the moment to get those 3 points is to own Eye Of The North. This is why:

oh, nice...thx alot ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    99 pages of GW on the thread, 99 pages of GW! Add one more, talk in there, 100 pages of GW on the thread!

OT: I'm actually really excited for GW2. I can't decide between a broadsword/bow Warrior, Daggers/Gun Thief, or Necromancer.
    aaand 100 pages it is :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by midwintersong View Post
    You do need to have EotN in order to get the HoM rewards in GW2. Eye of the North serves as the bridge between GW1 and GW2 and is required for the rewards. Just FYI
    I think you've totally misunderstood my post. I know I need EotN, I was waiting for it to go on sale, but the online store doesn't take my card type.

Deleted
    Yay for 100 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Anyone know if GW2 will have talent specs?

I'm aware of how the weapons changes your abilities etc. I haven't heard anything about specs or seen any info on it, so i'm guessing it's a no.
    Yes there is a talent system that improves certain abilities, its not on any of the sites but you can see it in some of the videos on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Yes there is a talent system that improves certain abilities, its not on any of the sites but you can see it in some of the videos on youtube.
    Someone has actually put together a rough trait and skill calculator from what's been seen in the demos so far. Interesting to play around with.

http://gw2.revgaming.net/Home/TraitsTool/

I'm really hoping that GW2 will live up to its hype. And for first time in post-wow mmo-history, I am pretty certain that it will. I played GW1 before WoW and man that's really an amazing game. I really liked the primary plot in the game which took you around the world, the combat was very good and the graphics were amazing for a game that was released in 2005.

The only problem it had was the closed world, you could only meet other people in towns, it kinda sucked. Also, the level cap was only 20 and after that there wasn't much to do if you weren't a competitive PvP player. The PvP and the whole guild system was amazing in the game tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Someone has actually put together a rough trait and skill calculator from what's been seen in the demos so far. Interesting to play around with.

http://gw2.revgaming.net/Home/TraitsTool/

Thank you for that.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    I'm really hoping that GW2 will live up to its hype. And for first time in post-wow mmo-history, I am pretty certain that it will. I played GW1 before WoW and man that's really an amazing game. I really liked the primary plot in the game which took you around the world, the combat was very good and the graphics were amazing for a game that was released in 2005.

The only problem it had was the closed world, you could only meet other people in towns, it kinda sucked. Also, the level cap was only 20 and after that there wasn't much to do if you weren't a competitive PvP player. The PvP and the whole guild system was amazing in the game tho.
    Good thing they fixed all that in GW2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    the graphics were amazing for a game that was released in 2005.
    I think they're still very good when compared to new games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I think they're still very good when compared to new games.
    I agree, and i cant wait to explore the Guild Wars 2 city's and such cause you can jump from buildings and stuff, so much to explore, just dont fall too far D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The thing with GW2's hype is it has grown as more people have become interested, and that's actually very different than any other pre-release MMO's hype.

People jumped on the Rift hype bandwagon overnight because they wanted a Wow alternative "now"
    People jumped on the SWToR hype bandwagon before they knew anything about the game (OMG Bioware + Starwars = I R fanboi)

GW2 on the other hand is more like a hype bus slowly picking up people from each stop.
    IMO, it shows that peoples interest in GW2 is more than just superficial. They didn't decide they like the game before they knew all the details, the more they read into the game, and the more they found out about the game, the more they liked it.
    I find alot of truth to this post.
    When I heard about SWTOR, I thought precisely as you described: "omg Bioware + Star Wars!" - and then I heard more and more hype about GW2 (and lemme tell you I never once thought about playing Guild Wars, ever) and checked some of the info out. And I just keep getting more and more excieted tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    I find alot of truth to this post.
    When I heard about SWTOR, I thought precisely as you described: "omg Bioware + Star Wars!" - and then I heard more and more hype about GW2 (and lemme tell you I never once thought about playing Guild Wars, ever) and checked some of the info out. And I just keep getting more and more excieted tbh.
    Same thing happened to me, i didnt care anything about guild wars 2 even when i heard of guild wars 2 i didnt check it out like a year or so ago then i looked at it about a week ago and im hooked now.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6NbmMs1mQ 4:36 onwards.

Primary minions of the games "main" enemy. The dragon Zhaitan; not that the large dragon that appears is possibly Zhaitan himself or atleast one of his minions. (May also be Kralkatorrik the Crystal Dragon)

Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post

Primary minions of the games "main" enemy. The dragon Zhaitan; not that the large dragon that appears is possibly Zhaitan himself or atleast one of his minions. (May also be Kralkatorrik the Crystal Dragon)
    That is actually The Shatterer, a mid level event boss, he's just Kralkatorrik's lieutenant and champion.. Nothing important yet he is more epic than all the other bosses iv seen in other mmo's.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-29 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When is the new Sylvari info and design coming out?
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-05-29 at 03:16 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post

As stated, he's the shatterer. Kralkatorrik's lieutenant and champion.

Kralkatorrik is way bigger.

that's his back. Can't wait to see it ingame.

And those minions (called the branded) serve Kralkatorrik.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-29 at 03:17 PM.

Here's the actual fight if your interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8GJcGIVbI

The Shatterer - Mid level event boss