Question Best Place for Pristine Hides

Ok so from previous posts ive figured out The old barad Spiders are the best for farming Heavy Savage Leather and twighlight highland areas are best for farming Blackened Dragonscale, but even though i can get 100 Leathers in abour 30 mins in TB and maybe two stacks of Scales in the same time, i have never seen a pristine hide drop there...

im guessing they dont drop from non elite mobs ?? as the only two that i picked up were from a level 85 dungeon back when i was leveling ( Think it was Grim batol normal of the first few Dragonkin packs ).... Am i right or am i really unlucky out in azeroth...

Which mobs have you seen the most Pristine Hide Drop off and where are they ( dungeons included plx )

Ty
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2011-06-05 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

You can't farm for Pristine Hides. They're a very very low drop rate from skinning any Cata mob. Even Wowhead barely has any results from it. Your best bet is to just get as much leather as you can, craft them into heavy savage leather and turn those in for Pristine Hides.
    I have two level 85 characters with maxed skinning, and I have found 5 Pristine Hides in total. But two of those hides were Bountiful Bags procs. So they are just very rare to get.

In Wrath the equivalent was Arctic Fur. It also had a very low drop rate from skinning any Wrath mob. The rare elites (King Krush, Loque etc) had a higher drop-rate for it and some raid bosses had guaranteed drops.

Yeah i understand that, but im asking which ones have highest even if it is incredibly low, as i dont beielve the spiders in tb have a chance at all to drop ?

Not sure about the spiders, but I got 2 drops from the millions of crocs I skinned in TB.

I've also gotten 2 from the beast mobs in ZG/ZA.
    Besides that...nothing in particular really.... Any mob has the same chance to drop one afaik.

Pristine Hides are much rarer than artic furs were.

Most of my friends who have skinning toons and even myself have never seen one in what is it now, almost 7 months of cataclysm.

If we need the hides we just turn in leathers. 10 heavy for 1 Hide. As 5 Savage leather = 1 Heavy, you need 50 Savage leather to get 1 Pristine Hide.

I would stick with whatever mobs you can get the most leather from in the shortest time, it's purely a rare drop from skinning any cata mob, Hyjal, Vashjir, Deepholm, Uldum, Twilight Highlands or any of the mobs in the 5 mans that you can skin.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    I fnd itd best to just farm leather and buy the hides. Currently 1 hide goes for 20% more than a single stack of heavy leather.

I have gotten 3 pristine hides on my hunter. 1 from the named orca in Vashjir, 1 from the dragonkin mobs in the highlands, and one from an owl in twilight as well. This was all back in April. Haven't really played her since. But as others have said, it's impossible to farm for the hides, and would be much quicker to just farm the leather and trade it in for hides.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    Yeah i understand that, but im asking which ones have highest even if it is incredibly low, as i dont beielve the spiders in tb have a chance at all to drop ?
    The drop rate is the same no matter what Cataclysm mob you skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    The drop rate is the same no matter what Cataclysm mob you skin.
    So IMO you should just go farm Savage Leather, here are some locations and maps: http://www.wow-farming.info/farming-savage-leather/, if there's a betters spot let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by meldora View Post
    So IMO you should just go farm Savage Leather, here are some locations and maps: http://www.wow-farming.info/farming-savage-leather/, if there's a betters spot let me know.
    Cheers a yeah it seems farming the Heavy savage leather and then buying it is the best way

Ty peeps

One can always hope they make some of the firelands bosses work like Icehowl in TOC.

Icehowl was a guaranteed Artic Fur. Least it was every time my guild members skinned him.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    One can always hope they make some of the firelands bosses work like Icehowl in TOC.

Icehowl was a guaranteed Artic Fur. Least it was every time my guild members skinned him.
    Yes both Icehowl and Anub'arak had guaranteed Arctic Fur drop. And doesn't matter what you farm. Drop rate of those Hides is hideous. Just go farm Savage Leather like suggested and buy Hides with Leather.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

I loved that, it was great for doing icehowl multiple times a week on 10 and 25. The dogs in the Plague Wing of ICC also dropped Arctic Fur for me a lot.

But yeah, just like in Northrend, Pristine Hide can drop off of any Cataclysm mob. I've skinned them off Vashj'ir creatures, I've skinned them off TB mobs. Just skin.

Deleted
    skin the snakes from ZG/ZA if the drop is anything like level = beter drops then in theory those are the hardest mobs you can get. not sure but i think some of the yellow non-elite mobs from ZG can be skinned which might be a decent scource as i hear they are very fast repop as well

Deleted
    Pristine Hide counts as a world drop, so all mobs have the same chance to drop it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been skinning stuff for a while and I'm yet to see one drop. The drop chance is way below 1%.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Went since Dec. without a drop, then got 2 in 1 drop from the Spiders in Tol Barad Saturday.
    Then got another from the Alligators on Sunday...
    RNG is RNG...
    "when the eagles go silent, the parrots will jabber" _Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    I fnd itd best to just farm leather and buy the hides. Currently 1 hide goes for 20% more than a single stack of heavy leather.
    This makes no bloomin' sense to me since anybody can buy heavy and take a 10 second flight into TH and trade for a pristine hide.