Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Once hit 30 or so levelling went slow, was either go to abyss to grind mobs or stay in the PvE side and do some grinding quests that were annoying to do. The mobs were re-skinned, felt like there was only a couple different types. The combat was heavily ranged dominated if you didn't have stigmas that would change the fights. Heavily gear dependant to kill someone. The way enchanting works, if you fail to enchant you lose all of them in the gear and the enchantment stones also, cost a lot and have chance to lose them. Mobs have loads of health, seems like you are attacking them for ages and if one or two mobs come to attack you while already attacking one, you will almost certainly die or come close to dieing if you're lucky. It was just a huge grind fest that didn't keep me interested past a certain point.
    Was like that till it got a massive overhall, now the grind is less/same as most mmos.

As for the game as it's one of my fave mmos i've ever played tbh, pve was quite hard, but the thing that kept me playing was pvp. World pvp was thriving in the game when i played, not sure about now. But it felt so good when you managed to kill someone, especially compared to wow. In wow when you kill someone you get like 6 honor, which is no where near the ammount needed for an item. Where as in Aion if you killed a high rank person you get so much Abyss points (Honor).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rcrJ...el_video_title theres a vid i made when i still played last year. There were so many people it just felt epic, there was quite alot of lag at the time before they fixed the servers but it was so much fun. Was better the second time when we went where the Elyos actually fought back instead of sitting in a hallway xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    But it felt so good when you managed to kill someone, especially compared to wow. In wow when you kill someone you get like 6 honor, which is no where near the ammount needed for an item.
    Barr the extremely early days of Tarren Mill raids, world PvP in WoW has never been used as an effective way to farm honor sooo I'm not sure why you're trying to compare it to Aion world pvp / Abyss points (which actually is an effective way to farm gear in Aion).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Barr the extremely early days of Tarren Mill raids, world PvP in WoW has never been used as an effective way to farm honor sooo I'm not sure why you're trying to compare it to Aion world pvp / Abyss points (which actually is an effective way to farm gear in Aion).
    I'm saying i liked it, simple as. I'm not trying to make WoW look bad, heck i play wow now and not Aion. All i'm saying is i liked it in Aion where you killed someone and it actually went towards something, unlike wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    All i'm saying is i liked it in Aion where you killed someone and it actually went towards something, unlike wow.
    Does Aion have rated BG's / Arena?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Does Aion have rated BG's / Arena?
    No, just Abyss Fort/World PvP.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Re-activated my account. The game is solid now, especially when it comes to leveling. They added in so many quests it's not even funny so the grind it much easier (and the fact that they made getting the coin gear from vendors much easier helps too). I'm enjoying myself now

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, they added a trial?

I might give it a shot, since now i have a computer that won't melt.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    No, just Abyss Fort/World PvP.
    Actually they have the Dredgion instances which is like alterac valley, Elyos vs Asmodians vs Balaur the fabled pvpve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythias View Post
    Actually they have the Dredgion instances which is like alterac valley, Elyos vs Asmodians vs Balaur the fabled pvpve.
    True, but it's still not 100% a Battleground and totally not an Arena.

but if they had bgs in this game they might actually have to balence classes...casters are still op

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    but if they had bgs in this game they might actually have to balence classes...casters are still op
    Well yes. But PvP isn't a huge ordeal atm cause it's more of a 'mob mentality' where it's Large Group v. Large Group.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, but it's still not 100% a Battleground and totally not an Arena.
    I despise arena a few people in a box is not what a war between two factions is about and Elyos and Asmodians are nowhere near as friendly as the alliance and horde are (carebares i say!) and they already have a small arena you can battle people of the same faction in in Sanctum and Pandemonium. The Abyss ranks just don't lend themselves well to an arena style of play in Aion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythias View Post
    I despise arena a few people in a box is not what a war between two factions is about and Elyos and Asmodians are nowhere near as friendly as the alliance and horde are (carebares i say!) and they already have a small arena you can battle people of the same faction in in Sanctum and Pandemonium. The Abyss ranks just don't lend themselves well to an arena style of play in Aion.
    Yeah, I agree with the Arenas thought. It fits in WoW cause WoW is more of a sport than a game, at times (sponsored Raiding anyone?).

I left out the city Arenas on purpose cause I didn't know if the Asmo capital was spelt with a 'Pande' or a 'Panda' and I didn't want to sounds stupid. I've never been there, and I prolly never will. Stupid Emo-Owl-People.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree with the Arenas thought. It fits in WoW cause WoW is more of a sport than a game, at times (sponsored Raiding anyone?).

I left out the city Arenas on purpose cause I didn't know if the Asmo capital was spelt with a 'Pande' or a 'Panda' and I didn't want to sounds stupid. I've never been there, and I prolly never will. Stupid Emo-Owl-People.
    I just took a guess with Pandemonium heh, I re-subbed last week and am enjoying leveling my new Elyos Sorcerer.

I got my cleric to 47ish and I really enjoy healing in this game. The only thing that bothers me is the amount of agro you generate from healing. My agro dump ability has a 1 min 30 sec CD and if you accidentally agro a pat or something I'm more or less dead. The movement is still beyond horrid. You're character will catch up after a second sometimes and it's not very smooth when turning and what not.

I really do enjoy coming back to this game here and there but WoW is just that much less of a grind and I've already invested so much time into WoW to ever consider getting serious with another MMO. My account is still active I believe so I'll check out the new patch for sure this weekend.

7.5/10

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the aggro from healing is intentional is promotes a high level of play being prepared for cc and all that, its kind of like in vanilla or bc where aggro has to be managed with what tools you have and i prefer it this way, the movement is really smooth for me although i never keyboard turn so i can't say. I'd consider wow more of a grind because there seems to be much less to do in WoW atm.