Thread: 3v3s

Deleted

3v3s

Can someone tell me if im doing anything wrong here.

Im doing 3v3s with a Hunter and a Rogue. Now of course im getting CCed. im using LOS try try and fend off some CC however i still get cced. Blinds ect. First CC then turns into a chain. Meanwhile my team are yelling at me to dispel when im in a cc chain. We end up losing because one of them gets killed because either im still in a cc chain or then decide to go LOS around another pilar. We either lose like that or i end up dieing because im being focused on and not getting any peels. im saying they should peel me. But they dont. Cant see why im doing everything wrong here.

Unfortunatly, shadow priests are in a bad spot at the moment.

Since they lost their dispel on team-mates, they have gone back to getting tunneled a lot.

Take this into account, and add the fact that our fear doesn't last as long as it needs to, and melee can trinket our disarm, and we're in a bad place.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    I am rather confused. You say you play with a hunter and a rogue and you eat cc the whole game and then someone replies that shadow priests are bad in 3v3 due dispel los. I will assume you play discipline and that the fellow shadow got confused?

Well from what you described it seems like your partners are afk. IF you get on CC chain tell your partners to stop that cc chain. You can avoid poly and blinds by using SW ? use fear ward when priest comes close to you? BE more specific in terms of what short of cc chain and what team troubles you most so we can discuss further

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Unfortunatly, shadow priests are in a bad spot at the moment.

Since they lost their dispel on team-mates, they have gone back to getting tunneled a lot.

Take this into account, and add the fact that our fear doesn't last as long as it needs to, and melee can trinket our disarm, and we're in a bad place.
    Are you talking about end gaming play here? Like 2800MMR+. I play shadow priest not very high I have to admit (I am between 2300 and 2400MMR) as shadow play and Rogue-Shadow-Shaman and I totally disagree with you. If a melee can trinket your disarm then dont disarm someone who has a trinket up. Sure you cant dispel nova's anymore but you can remove a mage's cc easy (life grip on DF/RoF? mass dispel poly?)

Getting tunneled is quiet true, personally after dispel Loss I run 4k resilience with 2 Satin and 3 Mooncloth, I use fade to get away and get the necessary peels when i am out of trinket or disperse.

Lastly in the case you refer to TSG tunneling I do no know what short of combo you play but have you tried Disarm, Into Deathcoil with full row of dots on warrior the moment he pops releckness?

I do not want to sound like a dick or antyhign and theory is easier than practise, but shadows are viable. Maybe not glad rank but defo 2400-2600+.

My 2 cents, noone has to agree here.

I assume Disc as well, as the spriest alternative would seem like a nightmare. As mentioned, SWD can help you from many situations, so make sure you macro the correct SWD for CCs and then offensive SWD. Your ghetto KFC should be able to run decent CC chains as well, so make sure you all are utilizing that. If you put them in the defensive theyll have to pop CCs to peel, not to impair the healer. Depending on how long your fights last, use the appropriate Inner X.

Call for teammates to eat trap on Scatter-> Trap
    On TSG (With no dispellers) keep Fear ward up from the start, otherwise dont use it unless you know/feel the fear coming (Focusing lock, paying attention to priest movements) or it will just get dispelled in the first 5sec.

Give us more specific problems and Im sure the community could offer some better advice.

Quote Originally Posted by iscran View Post
    I agree with you sir.

Except
    I run 4k resilience with 2 Satin and 3 Mooncloth, I use fade to get away and get the necessary peels when i am out of trinket or disperse.
    The mooncloth 4set outweighs the resil by a mile. Along with fade it makes spriest much more greasy.

I am rather confused. You say you play with a hunter and a rogue and you eat cc the whole game and then someone replies that shadow priests are bad in 3v3 due dispel los. I will assume you play discipline and that the fellow shadow got confused?

Well from what you described it seems like your partners are afk. IF you get on CC chain tell your partners to stop that cc chain. You can avoid poly and blinds by using SW ? use fear ward when priest comes close to you? BE more specific in terms of what short of cc chain and what team troubles you most so we can discuss further

Are you talking about end gaming play here? Like 2800MMR+. I play shadow priest not very high I have to admit (I am between 2300 and 2400MMR) as shadow play and Rogue-Shadow-Shaman and I totally disagree with you. If a melee can trinket your disarm then dont disarm someone who has a trinket up. Sure you cant dispel nova's anymore but you can remove a mage's cc easy (life grip on DF/RoF? mass dispel poly?)

Getting tunneled is quiet true, personally after dispel Loss I run 4k resilience with 2 Satin and 3 Mooncloth, I use fade to get away and get the necessary peels when i am out of trinket or disperse.

Lastly in the case you refer to TSG tunneling I do no know what short of combo you play but have you tried Disarm, Into Deathcoil with full row of dots on warrior the moment he pops releckness?

I do not want to sound like a dick or antyhign and theory is easier than practise, but shadows are viable. Maybe not glad rank but defo 2400-2600+.

While all the above statements might be true to an extent, they all have to do with a certain comp... Shadow Play... Shadow Play is the only real viable comp at the moment that is decent for a spriest. And even then, the Shadow Priest has to be babysat quite a bit. And the 400 extra resil is going to be removed next patch.

My point is, sure Shadow Priests are doable in Arena but only if the entire team can baby sit him.

I'm sorry, but does anyone else not see a problem? We're the only caster class without some sort of mobility aid.

- Warlock - teleport

- Mage - Blink

- Moonkin - Cheetah Form

- Shaman - Wolf Form

- Shadow Priest? - Disperse and Worgen Sprint maybe?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow